PDA

View Full Version : shoes shoes shoes

Alexis.j
05-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone.
Well, lets see, I wear a woman's size us14... Where I stay, its impossible to find that size shoes where I live, I have however found a local importer of woman's shoes, which I have been using (quite pricey and a limited variety of styles) for a little while now.
I would love to walk into a shoe store and actually find something I like and can try on there. (Anyhow, that's not going to happen, and I've made peace with that)

Now, everyone with Large feet out there, I would like to hear about your stories, comment that other people made about them, tips, suggestions, etc (how to hide big feet in heels, lol)

ninadiva
05-04-2013, 10:52 AM
I have average UK size 8 feet. The manufacturers sizes usually vary to some degree. I have often bought shoes that are too small cos i don't have the bottle to try them on. Done this recently with a pair of five inch heels. Cant take them back to the shop out of embarrassment so what the hell, I just have to squeeze in and suffer the restraint. New shoes do stretch a bit with use. BTW Alexis.j, I love your AVI and your look. Just saying !

Jaylyn
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I have a size 12 foot and have found I can squeeze into a size 13w in women's open toed heels. I ordered some heels the other day and the lady said I needed a 14 so I'll let you know how it works at least I can return them for one size smaller if need be.

KatieTaylorTX
05-04-2013, 11:07 AM
I am lucky... I wear a perfect size 8 (US) in heels. I can buy my shoes anywhere.

darla_g
05-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I am lucky... I wear a perfect size 8 (US) in heels. I can buy my shoes anywhere.
I hate you! ............... JK :)

Julie Denier
05-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I wear a men's 13, which for me is usually 15 in women's, though I do have a few 14's, and one 16 due to the pointy toe. Of course, round toes do a better job of making feet appear smaller, but when you're already my size, it doesn't seem to matter much ;)

I get my shoes from eBay, Zappos/6pm.com and Amazon mostly.

KatieTaylorTX
05-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I hate you! ............... JK :)

*ducking* giggles

Beverley Sims
05-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Lexi,
I think the news is all bad for anyone with large feet.
There are not enough outlets that cater for large sizes.
Another suggestion is E Bay.

Alexis.j
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Tnx ladies, and for those that have big feet, does it create an issue when dressing or in public? Is it that obvious? What comments do you get?

Monique53
05-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Never had that problem as I am a men's 8 1/2 and normally a 9 1/2 or 10 in ladies which I can find most anywhere. I do , however, sympathize with those that have to deal with the aggravation of trying to find decent looking large size shoes at a decent price. Sometimes, I have trouble finding decent looking bras, in my size so I guess each of us has our own little problems in one way or another.

Monique

darla_g
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
I wear an 11 which is not too hard to find. I really like DSW and they typically have some great shoes in their clearance section even for 11 or 12. But eBay has a ton of offerings even for the larger sizes.

JBPerry
05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I am lucky... I wear a perfect size 8 (US) in heels. I can buy my shoes anywhere. I beat you.....I'm a size 6 in girls and womens at most stores :D

Makayla
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
im reasonably lucky I have size 9-10 au,most the time I justtry them on people look you funny some times but who cares, well I don't let it get to me too much anyway.

sometimes_miss
05-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Well, from one Lexi to another, I wear a men's size 16 and haven't worn anything smaller than a 13 since I was 13 years old, so I can relate. I get most of my girl shoes off of amazon and pierre silber. You can also find them on ebay once you know the brand and size. Pleaser is a good brand for 'giant girl' shoes, they also sell in smaller sizes to female dancers, so the shoes are at least made to walk around in for the most part. Sizing, however, is just like the rest of girl clothing; there's a wide range as to what fits and what doesn't. Can you get packages delivered from UPS or just basic mail reliably?

Edit: I have Pleaser size 14's that fit me, and size 16's that are both too small and too large, all from the same brand, so even from the same manufacturer probably gets their products from different factories (or maybe just vendor, I suppose that even Pleaser has outside manufactureres for the really large sizes, I always picture a short vietnamese woman who wears a size 3 making my size 17 boots). But at least they're not ridiculosly expensive. My men's dress shoes all cost me over $200 a pair, while my girly shoes are all aroung $35 to $60.

Alexis.j
05-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah, thanx Lexi, Currently the shoes I get (the only ones I can get) are from an importer that gets in pleaser shoes, I pay roughly double what you pay for them there, delivered to my PO box. Average price of about 100usd a pair (converted zar to usd). So my collection is growing relatively slowly... Ive actually ordered two new pairs this week, one to arrive in 3weeks, next 6weeks. There range is also relatively limited.

Josie06
05-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I wear a woman's US size 9 in heels and flats. If you care too, try places like Payless, Room Rack, DSW and even Target in the US. I've seen sizes above 10 there for women. However some prefer not to buy there, I've never had a problem.