PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch the Kentucky Derby to see the hats?

darla_g
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
So the Kentucky Derby is on, or at least coming up a bit later. Not that i really care who wins (i have no bets pending), but I find the hats fascinating! Anyone love extravagant women's hats? Here are a few from last years. I really want a hat like one of these!

Beverley Sims
05-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Darla,
I will watch it for the fashions in the field.
The dresses interest me more.
My mother in law was a milliner and made a lot of money making stylish? hats for race day.

ArleneRaquel
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
darla,
Great pics and some amazing hats, actually it makes me want to buy all of the ones shown being worn by ladies, but while the race runs I will not be watching. Things around my apartment need my attention. Lovely pics btw.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
LOL! Just seeing some of the outfits, I told my wife yesterday I'd love to be there dressed with a nice sundress, white strap sandals, my favorite wig, and one awesome hat!

Cheryl

Tracii G
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Been to the Derby plenty of times and always loved the huge hats.

Jenniferathome
05-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Darla, not only wouldn't I watch the Derby to see hats, I wouldn't watch it if I knew there was going to be a crash! Wait a minute, maybe that's the Daytona 500. Well, I'm still not going to watch, but I'll wear a hat. How's that?

LilSissyStevie
05-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Let's not forget all the lovely fascinators!

May(be)
05-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Being from L'ville, I've always been jealous of the women at Derby. A few of my cousins have been "Derby Princesses", and I've always been a little jealous. I've also been really jealous of my wife's Derby hats. One of these days I will wear a Derby hat on Derby day. There's no doubt.

... Although, I find the horse racing industry abhorrent and barbaric, it's hard not to get into the festivities and culture surrounding Derby when one lives in Louisville, KY. However, I am STILL (regrettably) in Bmore, so Derby is hardly a blip for me this year.

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't watch it just for the hats.

ArleneRaquel
05-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I have to admit hats #1,2,3, and 5 are most alluring for this old gal. Thank you for posting darla.

darla_g
05-04-2013, 09:05 PM
too bad the weather was so bad in Louisville today! but i still saw many nice hats

AmyGaleRT
05-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Some of those hats are lovely and I'd love to wear them! I wore a hat myself for some of my recent pictures, one I'd customized myself. Not nearly as elaborate as some of these, though. Hmm...I could do some silk flowers with a bow, I think. I might have to find another inexpensive hat at Walmart and try something else! :)

- Amy

stephNE
05-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Yes, I love the hats and dresses, but the race, one of the most boring of all sporting events.

Beverley Sims
05-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Oh! by the way,
the woman with the beard does it for me.

Josie06
05-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes, every year. Love seeing the hats and dress and what all the ladies are wearing. A guilty pleasure I guess.

Greenie
05-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Not only do I love derby hats, Buts that's one of the reasons I ADORE Kate Middleton so much, her fashion sense and her adorable hats. :) I want an amazing derby hat!

Michelle123
05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I watched the pre race hoopla, hoping to see some hosiery, at least on the more mature ladies that were there, But...Sadly, I was dissapointed, as usual. Oh, and I did watch the race. Nice comeback from the winner, considering the slow start.