PDA

View Full Version : My first time OUT in the daytime...Yikes!

Natalie Wood
05-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Well I don't know what got into me, but I went out in girl mode on my way to work the other day. Pulling out of my garage with my skirt, blouse,, heels, tights on (no make up) was nerve racking. But I made it out of my neighborhood alive...only to discover that I forgot my work keys...Aaarghh! So I had to go back, park in my garage, close the door, get my keys and do it all over again...lol.

Once on the hwy I put my forms in and my wig on. I can't describe the feeling that I had except to say that I felt liberated. I found myself very nervous too though. Many times I would look away as a car passed. I ended up getting too nervous so I just took my wig off and my forms out.

As I got closer to my work (about 40 minutes later) I started to try to figure out how I was going to change back into my guy clothes. I was so determined to do this that I purposely did not think about how I would change back when I left the house. Deep inside I think I was hoping that somehow I would get the nerve to just go into work in gurl mode. Yeah right! So I ended up just changing one item at a time at stop lights during morning traffic in Chicago...ha ha omg. What a sight as I think back.

ICING ON THE CAKE was that I told my best friend over a beer the same night after work that I am a cross dresser. This was a BIG step for me as just my wife, Mom and Brother know. He was very supportive.

All in all a pretty epic day for me. One to remember because I feel like I cleared a couple big humps successfully. I hope that this will only help me continue to live the life that I want to live. What that life is exactly I am not sure. All I know is that I want Natalie to be a bigger part of my life.

ArleneRaquel
05-04-2013, 05:11 PM
A great & wonderful story-outing & experience. Thank your for sharing. Btw I'm a Cook County Girl also. HUGS & BEST WISHES !

Julie Denier
05-04-2013, 07:10 PM
I'll have to keep my eyes open for you, too; I'm in the NW burbs ;)

slamddoger
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
so how was it for you after you got home

Jenniferathome
05-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Natalie, your drive is reminiscent of my first drive. Now, think objectively, when you drive in guy mode, how closely do you look at other drivers? they are not looking at you either. Relax, no one will notice.

Beverley Sims
05-04-2013, 11:41 PM
A daytime outing is very different.
The sun is very bright.
You can see lots of other people, and youthink they are looking at you.
First time out is very intimidating.

Natalie Wood
05-05-2013, 06:00 PM
so how was it for you after you got home

Well after my outing and informing my best friend of Natalie all in one day, I would say I was pretty drunk by the time I got home...lol. I told my friend over several beers and then continued my buzz with some other friends closer to home. My wife was excited for me that I ventured out. That made me happy.

ArleneRaquel
05-05-2013, 06:04 PM
It is always lovely when you make your wife happy. HUGS !

Being Paige
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Please tell me that you were not actually putting your wig on and forms in while actually driving on the highway! There are so many accidents involving distracted drivers everyday! Then it sounds like you drove home drunk. Drunk drivers kill people everyday on our roads also.

RADER
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Hay!! I am up in Lake County; Near Great America. Nice clean air here. And the water is finally down.
Rader

Julogden
05-05-2013, 10:05 PM
That's one way to make rush hour a genuine rush! ;)

I can't say that I've ever done anything like that but I know well how strong the urge to be yourself is. You have to do what you have to do, but please stay sober. You know that drinking and driving can end tragically.

Natalie, your drive is reminiscent of my first drive. Now, think objectively, when you drive in guy mode, how closely do you look at other drivers? they are not looking at you either. Relax, no one will notice.

Clearly, you've never experienced rush hour around Chicago (and be thankful for that). Given the huge numbers of Chicago-area commuters driving the roads every morning and evening, at least a few people will notice if you're changing clothes in your car. ;)

Carol

VAWyman
05-05-2013, 10:17 PM
congrats on your first time out. I haven't gotten the nerve up to do that yet.

Chickhe
05-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Great to get out!.. one thing I would never do is change while driving with all this push on about distracted drivers and huge fines these days...the best way to change, find a go-hut or shopping mall parking lot to park in and change in your car (but keep covered up in case anyone is watching). And don't forget your guy shoes...kind of hard to explain why you are at work in bare feet or in heels.

Rogina B
05-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Don't forget to take your "rubber boobies" off the dashboard when you are done "changing back" as that would give others a clue!

linda allen
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Well I don't know what got into me, but I went out in girl mode on my way to work the other day. Pulling out of my garage with my skirt, blouse,, heels, tights on (no make up) was nerve racking. But I made it out of my neighborhood alive...only to discover that I forgot my work keys...Aaarghh! So I had to go back, park in my garage, close the door, get my keys and do it all over again...lol.

Once on the hwy I put my forms in and my wig on. ...........

If you have a garage and park your car in it (mine is a shop, no room for a car), why didn't you go all the way girl before you left home? The wig, the forms, makeup, whatever. Nobody can see you in your garage and unless you have a really unique car, nobody is going to recognize that it's you in women's clothes driving it.

As for getting scared and taking the wig and boobs of once you are out of the neighborhood, again. who will recognize you? Even is they suspect a crossdresser, you don't know them and they don't know you. Who cares?

Next time, get all dolled up, get in the car, open the door and see the world as a woman sees it. Soon, you will get out of the car and walk to a soda machine or trash can. Soon you'll get out of the car and walk in the park or around a shopping mall.

Freedom is yours, why not take it?

Aly Cat
05-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Lol, I may not be helping the cause, and maybe Im overly observant, but I always check people out when driving! Then again, I am always observing everything that goes on around me. I heard a statistic one time that 1 out of 20 men crossdress on a regular basis...like if nothing else, wearing femme underneath drab clothes. I always try to find those people in supermarkets, walking down the street...everywhere. Funny story from last Christmas...
I had a formal party that my job was putting on at a really nice hotel and I couldnt find any shoes to wear with the suit I had. I went over to my parents house and my dad tried to give me a pair of really out of date loafers. I told him...there is no way Im wearing those. He was like...nobody looks at other peoples feet. Only women do that! I wanted to tell him so bad that I must be a woman then because the first thing I look at when I see someone is their shoes. I cant explain why, but I always check them out!

Samantha B L
05-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Natalie, Going out really isn't as mysterious as it seems. It's funny,I find if you are dressed up as a female with clothes,makeup,female hairstyle,footwear,hose,etc.,people ain't that inquisitive or observant. They'll assume you're female! And when you come out to people there might be a few who put you down but most people are supportive. I live in the midwest. I've been in Chicago about 15 times. It's one of my favorite cities. Anyway,good for you,Natalie

Samantha

Tracii G
05-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Chicago rush hour traffic is a fun thing from the cab of a tractor trailer I can tell you that.LOL
You see plenty of people doing crazy things in their cars.

Natalie Wood
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Lol I definitely had fun and it was indeed a "rush." We will see what comes next for me.

For those that are concerned about "distracted" driving, don't be. It doesn't take much to set a boob in your bra. And there are plenty of stop lights on Archer Ave in Chicago...too many.

Maybe some evening drives would be good for me to start getting used to it. Or would that be regressing? Hmm. Thanks for the suggestions and props gurls.

kimdl93
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Natalie, that was a pretty big day. I would agree with those who suggested getting fully dressed before venturing out on the road, but I don't have a solution for how you'd successfully shift back to male mode once at work.

Here's another thought...since your wife was thrilled that you went out, and since your mother, brother and best friend are on board, why not plan an outing with your wife, a daylight excursion ...shopping, coffee or a stroll through the park. After experiencing life outside of your car, you may decide you like it...a lot!

Leah Lynn
05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Chicago rush hour traffic is a fun thing from the cab of a tractor trailer I can tell you that.LOL
You see plenty of people doing crazy things in their cars.

I spent 8 1/2 years driving a big rig to Chicago, there every other day. The only way to stay sane is to check out every car that passes you. And I checked out everyone, as in EVERYONE that looked female. So, sweet Windy City lasses, you have been eyeballed on the road. Trust me.
Please don't let this scare you; truckers really have seen it all, and we only share stories with each other.

Leah

Natalie Wood
05-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Here's another thought...since your wife was thrilled that you went out, and since your mother, brother and best friend are on board, why not plan an outing with your wife, a daylight excursion ...shopping, coffee or a stroll through the park. After experiencing life outside of your car, you may decide you like it...a lot!

Kim we have planned some things like what you mentioned before but I have chickened out. Usually on our weekend excursions I have gone prepared but then it just has turned into a photo session. Which is always fun too. But I will get there in my own time. It is exciting to think about getting to that point of comfort.