PDA

View Full Version : Big surprise from my sister.

I Am Paula
05-05-2013, 11:06 AM
I visited my big sister this weekend. We are friendly but not close. She's seen me dressed many times and has never really said anything, one way or the other. It was almost like she didn't notice, or was quietly disgusted. I mentioned during a dog walk that I had started HRT. She replied 'You probably should have years ago'.
'Why didn't you say so?'.
'Nothing could be further from my business.' Then she stopped walking, and said, 'In all my life, I have never been more proud of you. This is something that everybody that has ever known you thought you needed.' She gave me a huge hug, and said 'I couldn't be more pleased, sis.'
We sat on her driveway, and chatted longer than we have together in our lives, well into the chilly night. She is more than 100% in my corner.
My new best friend, and I are going to lunch, and shopping on Thurs. Something we've never done together.
Just had to share.

ArleneRaquel
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
A very lovely & emotional story. Thank you so much for sharing.

DaniG
05-05-2013, 12:23 PM
That's amazing & wonderful! It's great to hear a story like that!

melissaK
05-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Well how about them apples!! I love it when our fearful prophecies aren't fulfilled! (Is that Karma making up for the ones that do get fulfilled? I dun no.) Happy for you Sweetie!

STACY B
05-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Maybe she or they understand it more because you took a Side ? People are confused when you straddle the fence .
If your on the meds you are heading for your ticket into the Club !!

Badtranny
05-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Maybe she or they understand it more because you took a Side ? People are confused when you straddle the fence .

You hit it dead on Stace, people will respond to stimulus one way or another. Nature abhors a vacuum and people abhor indecision. Most of those that care about us would never consider suggesting that we do something like 'start HRT'. They don't even know what that means. They may think that you've already 'started' or they may think that whatever you are doing is what transition is already. Your confusion just confuses everybody else, so most people don't have any idea how to act. Especially if they keep running into you in 'male mode'. Coming out is good, but halfway out is never good for anyone.

Many people on the board tell US they are transitioning but tell their wives or friends something completely different. Many people have BEEN transitioning for many years, or have been on HRT for many years and still waiting for the sign of acceptance from the world. I say give the world your own sign and live your life already.

If your on the meds you are heading for your ticket into the Club !!

...and what club is that?

Claire Cook
05-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Yes, what a heartwarming story. Sometimes we don't give people enough credit, or have enough faith in them. Thursday should be a red-letter day! Thanks for sharing.

TeresaL
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Well, I for one am glad you shared that story with us. And welcome also to the club. Now I'm not sure what the name of club is just yet, but I know it's going to be a doozy. Plz keep us informed, Stacy. LOL

stacycoral
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Normally I don't write on this form, but I just want to tell you that I am very happy for you girl, and wish you the best. hugs.

josee
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
How sweet! What a great story. So good to hear stories of acceptance instead of rejection.

traci_k
05-05-2013, 04:01 PM
What a wonderful story Celeste. Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a great time Thursday! I am so happy to hear of a supportive family and am very happy for you.
Hugs

mary something
05-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Congrats! Hope you have a wonderful time!

kimdl93
05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Wow, that's absolutely wonderful, Celeste. I find it interesting that, based on what your sister said, that so many people in your life seemed to know this was the right path for you...even before you did, perhaps?

I Am Paula
05-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Kim- It has been amazing, this year, how many people knew (guessed, assumed?)my eventual path. Despite being out to many people, there were still a few to tell, and the usual response is along the lines of- Yeah, why did you wait? Even a few people I don't see, but correspond with from high school say they knew something like this was inevitable. My favorite response yet has been 'You were always as feminine as a tit'.

donnalee
05-09-2013, 12:55 AM
I can just hear the happiness and relief rolling off of you. Congratiulations!!!