PDA

View Full Version : So very happy today

StaceyJane
05-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I've posted in the past about the troubles my wife (Kathy) and have had in the past when she found out Stacey. It hit her pretty hard but we were able to hold our marriage together. At first we had a don't ask tell agreement which I observed faithfully. Once our daughter moved out my wife surprised me by suggesting that I use her old bedroom to keep Stacey's stuff in. Since then she has at times asked questions and I did talk to her about taking hormones.
She has also begun to show more support by giving me some of her old clothes. They don't fit too well but I appreciate the thought.
A few weeks ago Kathy surprised me by telling me that that she had really begun to accept that part of me and that one day she felt she would be okay with meeting Stacey. I was caught by surprise when she said that and really couldn't say anything.
Since, then however, I have been looking forward to that time when she could meet Stacey.

Well, today was that day.

It started out pretty much like any other. A day off with plans to go out shopping as Stacey. Kathy left for work but she did say her leg was hurting and she might go to the doctor tomorrow. Later that morning I got dressed to go out. I put on my orange dress with black hose and flats to go to the mall.
The mall trip was nice. When I got there a nice gentleman saw me approaching the entrance and said " Here you go Ma'am". That put a smile on my face.
After spending some time at the mall but not buying anything I went home.

When I got home home I saw Kathy's car in the driveway. I thought to myself "well, now is as good as time as any" so I got my purse and went in the house.

When I opened the door I could hear Kathy and I warned her her I was en femme. I asked if she wanted to se me. At first she hesitated then she said okay.
So I came in the living room and for the first time she saw Stacey.

"You look like your mom"

Not the first response I was expecting but the smile on her face meant so much. We then hugged for a few moments. What a special moment!

Then we talked but not about Stacey, Kathy had just found out the hospital had overcharged her for a procedure and first wanted to make sure we would get our money back. After dealing with that we had a nice talk. I told her how I felt very comfortable going out like that. I told her about where I bought the dress (Dressbarn, of course) and pointed out my wedding ring I had bought.

Today has been a very important day in my life and I'm so very, very happy!

Kelley
05-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Wonderful story Stacey, I am glad your wife has come around and accepted you for who you are

Hugs Kelley

ArleneRaquel
05-06-2013, 05:52 PM
A wonderful story-Best Wishes ! :thumbsup:

Brynna M
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
It's nice to hear things went well for both you and your wife. May I suggest finding a special way to show appreciation since its something of a life event. Congrats on the step.

Gretchen_To_Be
05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Excellent! I am very happy for you. Enjoy!

AllieSF
05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the wonderful story. We need to hear about more successes like that, because it is good for us and I also think good for some newly surprised SO's of CD's. Every little bit helps.

kimdl93
05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
That's so great, Stacy. I'm happy for both of you!

PattiAllison
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Kathy sounds like a wonderful woman! I am so happy to hear that things are working out well between the two of you!

Michelle M
05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
That's wonderful, Stacey.
All my best wishes to both of you!
Michelle

Tracii G
05-07-2013, 12:27 AM
I wish you both all the best I love stories like this.
A group hug from all of us is in order.:hugs:

Stephanie47
05-07-2013, 12:46 AM
I think the key to her acceptance was adhering to the DADT policy. She probably had ample time to assess your relationship and came to the conclusion cross dressing did not really change who you are.

Beverley Sims
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Stacey,
It is spring, a time to be happy.
Nice to see progress, stay low and keep it slow.

StaceyJane
05-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I think the key to her acceptance was adhering to the DADT policy. She probably had ample time to assess your relationship and came to the conclusion cross dressing did not really change who you are.
I think you're right about that.