PDA

View Full Version : A small personal milestone

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Yes, finally, after only 3 months of trial and error, I can finally consistently and successfully hook and unhook my bra with the fasteners behind my back.

Oh well, baby steps. Today - bra straps. Tomorrow - eyeliner. (I am gradually improving at this.) Someday in the distant future - walking in heels. (After 3 months of practice, I'm still bad at this.)

I know, I know - I fail at girl stuff.

TxCassie
05-07-2013, 01:55 AM
:love:There is no failure dear, only the journey and experiences. What fun it would be if we all came out with perfect hair, make-up, clothes, walking like we're Miss America without learning first. Never happens, maybe some are quicker learners, so what. Enjoy, Congrats on the bra hook, something I've yet even attempted. :battingeyelashes:

Cassie

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Additional small achievement, I worked out the topological problem of removing my bra without removing my shirt. Of course, in the absence of actual breasts, this is fairly pointless. Still, perhaps someday it will come in handy...

Beverley Sims
05-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Have you ever woken up and not felt like a guy anymore?
How many men to you know that can do a bra up when wearing it?
How many men do you know that wear bras?
I rest my case, Paula.

TeresaCD
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Impressive Paula, I struggle to manage that (my girl makes it look so easy..)
Eyeliner - now there's a challenge, like patching drywall, only far more fun.

Jackie7
05-07-2013, 05:42 AM
I can't do my bra behind my back, and I'm even more amazed by the topological problem, removing the bra without removing the blouse!

Jenni Yumiko
05-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Unhook, pull strap through arm hole on one side, grab strap on other side and yank. I think all guys learned that in high school :-) along with the finger snap undo the fasteners.... Then you get the occasional girl who wore a front close bra and your fumbling around and all like wth, where's the dam fastner?!?
Congrats on your milestones... The behind the back fastening isn't something I have seen most girls do, they usually fasten it front facing and spin it around and up.

Angela Campbell
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I first wore a bra at 4 years old. Wore many over the years. I can snap and unsnap them no problem even with long nails no problems at all. When I was young - teens - I had girlfriends comment on my ability to unsnap their bra so quickly and smoothly. I could unsnap it before they knew I had. By the time I was sixteen I had 12 years of experience of wearing bras myself...more than the girls had. Of course they didn't know why. I was the bra master.

Now if a bra is hard, try to put on pantyhose with long nails.

Jenniferathome
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Paula, my wife puts her bra on backwards, around her waist, then spins it around and adjusts it. Even women are bad at it.

traci_k
05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Paula, Congrats my ex always did the around the waist and spin also.
What do you mean fail at girl stuff? - You're better than some GGs (giggle)
And why do you think a lot of women wear flats - they can't walk in heels either.

Hugs girl,

arbon
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Oh good for you :)

Personally I never bothered and just hook it in the front and spin it around.

JenniferR771
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Milestones. Every little bit helps.
Now I happen to like longline bras. Ten snaps in back. It takes a lot of practice--and that's the fun part of it.
I have to hurry as my wife is never gone for long. (She knows, but does not approve).
And a longline strapless bra with garters? Is that called a basque? To me that is a real challenge. Mine is so tight I cannot spin it around. And fastening the garters with tension on the elastic straps--several tries needed in my case! LOL!

Aly Cat
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I agree with Jennifer and Traci....my wife also hooks it in front around her waist and then spins it around the correct way and cups go up and over. No behind the back magic tricks lol. That is amazing that you can do that! I wouldnt stand a chance!

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Well, I did the hook in front and spin around trick for quite a while. I guess all the women I've ever seen dress never did it that way, so it seemed kind of like cheating to me! I had no idea that GGs commonly used this trick too, lol, although that's who showed it to me.

I know this is a silly thing to be proud of, but it really did take me a while to figure it out! :)

phlover
05-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Hmm, Paula, you are learning everything girly step by step. Congrats! Nowadays I'm seriously considering buying a silicon bra. I have body-shapers that have bras attached to them, but I should insert rolled pantyhose inside them to make my false breast. I've read about attachable breast forms and am interested in buying a pair or a silicon bra with them. I still don't make up and some day will try it. But I'm rather skilled in wearing high stilettos. I practiced a lot starting from a lower 2" heels and nowadays I can't wear lower heels unless they are over 4". I wish you would become professional in feminizing your body and show us your pictures.

Angela Campbell
05-07-2013, 07:40 PM
One day you will find that eyeliner actually seems to go on almost by itself too!

I remember looking a lot like Alice Cooper at first!

kimdl93
05-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Nice to set and reach attainable goals. Every one of us has had multiple wardrobe disasters and make up mistakes. That's how ewe learn.

AmyGaleRT
05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Paula, you don't "fail at girl stuff." GGs have to learn all this, too, and you're starting later than they do. They're skills that need to be practiced until they become unconscious. I stand before you as proof that it is not only possible to master fastening bra hooks, but eyeliner as well. (But I had my share of "raccoon eyes" looks before I caught on!) And I still wobble a bit sometimes in heels...but GGs do, too, especially if they don't wear them often.

Remember, the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary! ;)

- Amy

Greenie
05-07-2013, 10:21 PM
GGs have to learn all this, too, and you're starting later than they do. And I still wobble a bit sometimes in heels...but GGs do, too, especially if they don't wear them often.

- Amy

Paula this is SOOO true. I still have a hard time with heels and knowing which outfits go well with what accessories. Its a learning process. It will come in time. :)

Jessica Who
05-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey, it's all about progress, good for you :)

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Paula, you don't "fail at girl stuff." GGs have to learn all this, too, and you're starting later than they do.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that GGs get bootcamp in the most brutal Darwinian training ground known to mankind - junior and senior highschool. The harsh experiences they face there at one another's hands makes the training of the kids in "Ender's Game" look like kindergarten playtime... ;)

I am having fun learning. And it really helps that I feel SOOOO much better when I'm doing it.

I wish you would become professional in feminizing your body and show us your pictures.

Yeah, hey, I apologize for that. I need to quit being a perfectionist and setup my tripod and take some quality self portraits and post a couple here. Am I beautiful yet? No. But I've gone out in public, and I'm out to my wife (although she hasn't seen me), so there is really no excuse for me not to show the wonderful and accepting folks here a picture of myself. I know I wouldn't be judged here - and would likely get quite a few helpful pointers, in the process. I'll work on this.

Angela Campbell
05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Hey at least you have a bra....there are starving kids in Korea who have no bra.

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey at least you have a bra....there are starving kids in Korea who have no bra.

I've been told by Lana Wachowski, that once I really understand The Matrix, I will no longer even need a bra - they'll just levitate... :lol:

Michaelasfun
05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Paula, thanks for starting this, you prompted lotsa great ideas for those of us who haven't learned the behind-the-back technique!

PaulaQ
05-07-2013, 11:03 PM
haven't learned the behind-the-back technique!

Oh snap! I forgot, I didn't share the trick that I use to do this. It's simple - it still takes some practice though. What I do is fold the strap of the bra with the little loops on it so that the loops are completely exposed, and the strap is folded under itself a little bit.

I put an index finger just behind the first loop. I put another index finger on the first hook, and then line my fingers up behind my back - the hook finds the loop, and then the rest are easy because the loops are exposed. I then unfold the strap.

Basically having the loops completely exposed, and using my fingers for guidance makes this really easy for me now.

DianaWales
05-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Great Paula...Looks like you are a fast learner :)

Lillyasia
05-10-2013, 02:57 AM
Congratulations on the milestone Paula. It's a great feeling knowing you can put on a bra as fast as a gg can. And take it off under a shirt if needed.

ArleneRaquel
05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I swirl my bra around and hook it in front.

Michelle55
05-10-2013, 03:52 PM
You're better than some GGs (giggle)
And why do you think a lot of women wear flats - they can't walk in heels either.

That's so true. My step daughter got married about 2 weeks ago. I was reviewing the video of her and her 4 attendants coming down the aisle. CLOMP!!! CLOMP !!! CLOMP!!! CLOMP!!! ..... Her sister wears heels at least half the time to work and she didn't look good coming in either.

There were a few other women there that were graceful, but those were few and far between.