PDA

View Full Version : mature crossdresser attire

alicia kaye
05-07-2013, 06:29 AM
hi
I am a older crossdresser in my 60's who has been dressing of and on for 40 years, i started again after years mainly to job related requirements, well enough of that. my problem is that i can't find online shops that cater to the MATURE crossdresser, i the past my sister Allie would help me shop plus she knew what i liked and often showered with gifts but she has passed away and i am alone and having trouble finding what i like. I do like the following;

A) frilly dresses and skirts that come just above my knee not my butt
B) colorful outfits
C) shoes that are comfortable and not gaudy darn i am over 6ft i don't need 5 inch heels or platforms
D) comfortable dresses and skirts not tight that makes it almost impossible to walk
E) a wig that is mature, if possible with streaks of gray or a gray wig darn i am in my 60's i don't need a neon or blonde wig

I know i am asking for alot but if you can help i deeply appreciate it

LOVE
XXXXXXXXAlicia

STACY B
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Shop where all the other woman shop ,,, That's what I do ,, Its a free world ya know ,, Times have changed just go in an Let the Good Times Roll !!

lauraabdl
05-07-2013, 06:38 AM
I agree, shop where the older girls shop,just dont get the grannie stuff, IMHO:heehee:

Daryl
05-07-2013, 07:46 AM
I also agree with the older mature look. I like more solid colors rather than flowery prints. Also lower heels and flats or flat heeled boots.

Beverley Sims
05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Maybe you need a little less frill multiplied by a little more length, divided by something a little more age appropriate.

Lynn Marie
05-07-2013, 08:05 AM
You're shopping in the wrong places. Try Value Village and Goodwill. Imagine that your shopping for your wife who has bad arthritis and can't get around well. I'm easily as mature and as tall as you are. Easily 80% of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. See my Flickr site. My CD girlfriends call me the Librarian. Is that mature enough for you!

docrobbysherry
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I must agree with Lynn Marie. The thrifts specialize in plain, boring, dress to blend clothes.

I'm over 60, too. As u can plainly see from my avatar, rite?

ArleneRaquel
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I dress young for my age and I see nothing wrong with that as long as I don't over, or more likely under do it. 3inch heels are my limit, I don't intend to wear wigs wuth gray or white EVER. Im just a young chick.

SHERRY-To me you look like a million....a millions bucks that is ! :battingeyelashes:

rachael.davis
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
i am absolutely mad for Chico's. their shops are Trans friendly, their styles are older - fashionable - flattering, and they do on line shopping.
http://www.chicos.com/store/page.jsp?id=83109277

wigs - Paula Young has a wide assortment of styles, sizes, and hair colors.

Jackie7
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes, Rachael, Hooray for Chicos! Kohl's also has been good to me, and I'm just loving www.bettiepageclothing.com.

Our local Salvation Army thrift shop, a vast place, puts everything on 50% off on Thursday mornings for us senior shoppers. Church thrift shops are great too, most of what's there came from mature lady parishioners cleaning their closets.

For wigs, www.internationalwigs.com, they have a huge selection, and GlamourBoutique.com, which sometimes has large-cap wigs. It is always tough to find wigs with large-size caps but worthwhile because you don't need tape nor will you be doing the tranny hair-tug all the time!

Paulette
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Dress barn and other mainstream clothing stores will gladly take your money. While shopping notice ( do not stare) what the other shoppers are looking at and wearing. Onserve ladies of your own age and find one that you think look good and then try to find similar clothing in the regular stores. You will save a ton of money and get better quality clothes. You know the old saying if it walks like a duck, quaks like a duck, it must be a duck. You are looking to blend in with society not shock it. If all of the ladies at the place you want to go in femme are wearing crop pants, leggings, or jeans, to blend that is what you need to wear. Once you have the female uniform part down you can go where you want and enjoy life as a woman would.

Lorileah
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
when you get 10 posts you can check out the shopping section here where you will find all sorts of information about where to shop

rachael.davis
05-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Jackie

Paula Young is pretty good for stocking an assortment of large cap wigs, patience is a virtue so if you sign up as a member and wait a bit you'll start getting discount offers

http://www.paulayoung.com/category/wigs/large+wigs.do?Choose=Style

Kandy Barr
05-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Try e bay.6pm.com/women for one. Like you I'm 61, I don't do the old women's attire though, I like to feel good & look sexy, who cares what others think!! Anyway, I find in women's clothing you really need to try the items on for proper fit if you're able, otherwise you may be sending a lot of items back.
LOL
XOXO
Kandy

mikiSJ
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I found Dress Barn has a nice selection of clothing for the "older" gal. The two stores I have been in recently were more that CD friendly, even when shopping in guy mode but telling the SA the clothes were for Miki.

I have not had difficulty finding clothing to match my 66 years, but at 5'10" I find it hard to find dresses and skirts that hit just below the knee.

DonnaT
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Why is it that some of us (as well as some GGs) feel we have to dress like our grandmothers did back in the day?

Your list of likes sound fine to me.

Hem lines at, or a little above the knees are fine, and the outfit needn't be plain mono colors. If you've got the legs for it, three or four inches above the knee should be fine as well.

Wear colors that you like, not what you expect older women to be wearing.

And there are a lot of very nice ankle length skirts for all ages. I'm particular to prairie (gypsie) skirts if wearing anything below the knee.

As for wigs, quite a number of women have their hair colored to remove any hint of gray. No need for a gray streaked wig if you don't want one. But if you got a gray wig, all gray/silver would probably be best for looking your age.

I prefer looking younger ;)

Cheryl T
05-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I would say Macy's, Lord & Taylor, and Penney's sometimes. That's where this gal shops and I have no problem finding clothes in styles that are nice, feminine and not "too young" for me. As for a wig, just go to a wig salon. I did that a few years ago and was so surprised at how welcoming they were. They are able to suggest styles that will go with your facial structure and skin tone as well as age.
For shoes I love Clarks. They are stylish and very comfortable. No 5" heels, but as you said, we tall girls don't really need heels like that.

If you know your sizes then just go to the mall and have fun.

Eryn
05-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Dressing age-appropriate certainly doesn't mean dowdy! Check out what other ladies your age are wearing and indulge! Casual wear can be great fun.

For hair, Paula Young has many different combinations of gray colors, but most ladies around here color their hair so I indulge in the more vibrant combinations.

alicia kaye
05-07-2013, 08:03 PM
thanks for your input

kimdl93
05-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I'd go along with Stacy. Look for where women your age shop, and if you like the styles and they work for your body type, go for it. If you're not ready to shop in person most chains have on line stores too.

SharonDD
05-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I love to buy from dressbarn. I have always gone in guy mode and exchanged items as well. I glance around to see if anything looks good and as soon as a sales assitant see me I give her the eye - yes you can help. They damm near run to ask what I want and helps me pick out some nice outfits. Know your sizes and what your looking for or they will sell you the store lock stock and barrel. I shop wally world sometimes and ebay, amazon heavily. Hopes this helps. And yes I have the pink card in my wallet :-)

Karren H
05-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't know.... I refuse to be "mature"! EVER! lol. I'm 61 and like hell do I consider myself old..... or want to dress like a mature woman.... or want a grey wig.... that's why I color my natural hair and everyone at work and on my hockey team thinks I'm 49. :)

renaej7
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Give JC Penny a try. Their Worthington brand is pretty universal and trendy no matter age.