PDA

View Full Version : I was invited to play dress up with a famous drag queen today...

BlairP
05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
I was invited to play dress up with a famous drag queen at her house today. She has been all over TV lately and I am equal parts excited and nervous. She is gorgeous.. She is a pro. I am an amateur. She is young. I am older. She is very thin. I am just thin/average. I dont know what to do. Please advise.

AmyGaleRT
05-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Relax, enjoy yourself, and learn everything you can! :)

- Amy

MysticLady
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Just be Yourself. Don't feel like you'll need to be "extra cool" or something. Just have fun and go with it.:)

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Have a great time Blair, you deserve it.

paulaprimo
05-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Lucky girl!! i think that you look wonderful and i would die for a shape like yours! don't be so hard on yourself...go, keep your head up high and have
the time of your life. since she is a pro, one can probably learn a few tricks of the trade so take notes and don't forget to share them with your friends :)

Rachelakld
05-09-2013, 02:15 AM
If this is a once in a life time, or once this year, why wouldn't you live the experiance

Ashlyn Brooke
05-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Oh, enjoy it for all its worth and consider yourself blessed. I would love to have that type of opportunity.

Kalista Jameson
05-09-2013, 02:47 AM
If Yoda invites you to take on Jedi training, don't pass it up! :)

Cheers,

Kalista

mikiSJ
05-09-2013, 02:56 AM
I dont know what to do. Please advise.

Maybe hop in your car, take a taxi, run fast...go girl! What are you waiting for!!!!!!!!

Beverley Sims
05-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Don't miss the opportunity.
She has chosen you for a friend and an invite like you describe is not to be missed.
You should not throw caution to the wind however.
She would obviously like to spend time with you showing you her craft and experience.
She may want to encourage you to follow in her footsteps.
Some of her rivals are probably a little too competitive to be friends.
Try and broker a friendship, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Erica Marie
05-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Get your butt over there and have fun. Dont be nervous Im sure she will be glad to answer any questions you may have and give you a few helpful pointers.

Sabrina133
05-09-2013, 07:39 AM
OMG why are you even asking the question? Meeting a drag queen early - well relatively early - in my CDing days was the best thing that ever happened to me. We are still friends and talk regularly. She taught me everything i know about being a girl. Have fun and injoy "going to the Mountain."

XO Bree

monalisa
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Why would you even hesitate. An opportunity of a lifetime. I'd would love it.

Briana90802
05-09-2013, 09:10 AM
When confronted with a scary situation you should bring a friend for support. I'd be happy to join you and be that supportive friend. :)

Lorileah
05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
When confronted with a scary situation you should bring a friend for support. I'd be happy to join you and be that supportive friend. :)

although said in a joking manner, it has a ring of truth to it. You don't say who it is you are meeting, if you have met them before, exactly what "dress up" is (a professional doesn't "play" dress up me thinks there is more to this). Is she wanting to be your drag mother? Did she see you somewhere and think there is potential?

Let someone (anyone close) know where you are going. I would even make arrangements that if you don't contact them by a certain time, they try and contact you. Since I believe there is more to this, think about something. Get medical history and take protection. Don't be pushed into something you don't want to do. Maybe I am over reacting here but if this is an out of the blue thing, I see some red flags. Just be aware.

This advice would be for any meetup not just drag queens but having been associated with and been around queens, often there is an ulterior reason. They just don't take in daughters off the street or without knowing them for awhile.

Sallee
05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I think Lorileah makes a great point that is valid for any situation. BUt still go just be careful like always. It will probably be great fun. I am certainly jealous. Keep us updated as to how it goes.

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Lorileah is totally correct, as she usually is, I never go to a private residence without meeting the person in a very public place, usually more than once.

Sabrina133
05-09-2013, 11:59 AM
although said in a joking manner, it has a ring of truth to it. You don't say who it is you are meeting, if you have met them before, exactly what "dress up" is (a professional doesn't "play" dress up me thinks there is more to this). Is she wanting to be your drag mother? Did she see you somewhere and think there is potential?

Let someone (anyone close) know where you are going. I would even make arrangements that if you don't contact them by a certain time, they try and contact you. Since I believe there is more to this, think about something. Get medical

history and take protection. Don't be pushed into something you don't want to do. Maybe I am over reacting here but if this is an out of the blue thing, I see some red flags. Just be aware.

This advice would be for any meetup not just drag queens but having been associated with and been around queens, often there is an ulterior reason. They just don't take in daughters off the street or without knowing them for awhile.

I think Lorileah is spot on. Take precaution. I did. All turned out OK but now a days, sheesh, who knows.

Jaylyn
05-09-2013, 12:25 PM
The few times I have ever got to visit any one that I consider is far superior to me, or even famous I just was myself and that was the good thing about it.... Also just being myself was the bad thing about it... Lol really most people enjoy someone who is sincere and honest about just being ones self.
Jaylyn

Cheryl T
05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Go, gets some tips, share some fun and make a friend.

Kate Simmons
05-09-2013, 02:26 PM
When it's over we want details girl!:)

AllyCDTV
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Sounds like it could be a wonderful opportunity but I'd suggest finding out why she wants you to come over and what she has in mind. If you are of like minds, go for it. If not set some ground rules before you agree to come over. If she can't agree to those, don't do it. If it appears that she wants to be taking things in a direction you don't want to go, have an escape strategy in mind.

MysticLady
05-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Sounds like it could be a wonderful opportunity but I'd suggest finding out why she wants you to come over and what she has in mind. If you are of like minds, go for it. If not set some ground rules before you agree to come over. If she can't agree to those, don't do it. If it appears that she wants to be taking things in a direction you don't want to go, have an escape strategy in mind.

Good Advice Ally..

joanne_mi
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM

Agreed. If you know this person pretty well, she may just want to mentor you, which would be awesome. Just be clear on the intent of it beforehand.

MissTee
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Playing dress up sounds like fun. As other have said though, be careful.

Selinatoo
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
My advice is enjoy yourself, forget the I am/She is thinking and have a great time

Lainie
05-09-2013, 08:32 PM
DUH! Do it or regret it!

BlairP
05-10-2013, 12:08 AM
If Yoda invites you to take on Jedi training, don't pass it up! :)

Cheers,

Kalista
Oh wow...lmao...well said

ossian
05-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Could this drag queen be into your normal fantastic fun personality and possible friendship? I would go with that, everything else is just window dressing and stage marks.

BlairP
05-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Ok girls, here are some more details. I know this person as her boy self as my boy self. He is totally cool and very nice. This all started one day when I was at his home for work. I noticed his pictures of him in drag and he was incredibly hot. I told him so. We became facebook friends and I did several more jobs for him, all the while I saw him on T.V. and all of the crazy stuff he was doing (movies, documentary series and major televison shows). 4 months ago I started seeing a therapist and came out to a few people. Then I decided to come out to him on Facebook. He was somebody I admire and felt like would understand me in a way nobody else I know possibly could.

Anyway, we chatted a bit and a few days ago he messaged me "hey do you want to play dress up with me?". I was thrilled to say the least. It was 9ne of the sweetest and kind of hottest things that has ever happened to me. Another adult asking me to play dress up with him. And he is smoking hot dressed up. Jeez. I am actually kind of flabbergasted by the thought of it. I dont know what to do. I am all self-conscious now. I want to do it but I am kind of terrified...like walking out of the hotel room to your car for the first time completely dressed up terrified (and excited). I thought I was long past that kind of fear. I used to go out dressed up all of the time. Sigh...

Teddie
05-10-2013, 05:55 AM
Sweety. If you don't do this . . . You will be missing out on a fantastic experience, and will hate yourself for not doing it.

Sabrina133
05-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Ok girls, here are some more details. I know this person as her boy self as my boy self. He is totally cool and very nice. This all started one day when I was at his home for work. I noticed his pictures of him in drag and he was incredibly hot. I told him so. We became facebook friends and I did several more jobs for him, all the while I saw him on T.V. and all of the crazy stuff he was doing (movies, documentary series and major televison shows). 4 months ago I started seeing a therapist and came out to a few people. Then I decided to come out to him on Facebook. He was somebody I admire and felt like would understand me in a way nobody else I know possibly could.

Anyway, we chatted a bit and a few days ago he messaged me "hey do you want to play dress up with me?". I was thrilled to say the least. It was 9ne of the sweetest and kind of hottest things that has ever happened to me. Another adult asking me to play dress up with him. And he is smoking hot dressed up. Jeez. I am actually kind of flabbergasted by the thought of it. I dont know what to do. I am all self-conscious now. I want to do it but I am kind of terrified...like walking out of the hotel room to your car for the first time completely dressed up terrified (and excited). I thought I was long past that kind of fear. I used to go out dressed up all of the time. Sigh...

Thanks for clarifying Blair. From the way you describe it, it sounds perfectly innocent. Its not as if the inviattion came out of hte blue. He knows you dress, you know he's a drag queen. You've talked both in person and on facebook. At this point, i'd say go, enjoy it and learn learn learn.

Tara D. Rose
05-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Blair, I say to do it also, just like everyone else has said and or advised. I understand the nervousness, I would be nervous as (hell as well). I know all about being nervous around stars or famous people. I've had my pics taken with a few stars, and one while I was Tara. I know all about the jitters like that. But in your case, the ice has already been broken with the two of you. Just take along your best things with you and have a great time. If you didn't go, you would feel very bad about it. Be brave and go. When you get back home, you probably won't be able to sleep all night long from the excitement. But you could use that time to tell us how it all went, and give us all the details. This thread is not quite the normal kinds of threads. It has a lot of folks attention here.
So Blair, please don't let us down, start packing right now and we will all be waiting for how everything turned out.
Peace & Love,
Tara D. Rose

bomba
05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
blair you are gorgeous also,go for it you will have a great time

Chickhe
05-10-2013, 02:10 PM
I would do it... but I would be cautious if this person was gay and looking for a relationship... obviously not going to work with a straight CDer like myself, but if its clearly just a friend who wants to enjoy the company of others who appreciate it, then go for it. Since it's someone you admire, I would tone down thoughts of impressing them and just be yourself.

cdgirl007
05-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Blair, make sure you tell us how this went. That would be a super cool thing to do for sure.

Ruby B
05-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Be a sponge. Look, listen, observe, be patient and just learn. Ask questions on topics that you might need help on. Teachers always appreciate the most attentive students. Bring her a hostess gift and make sure to show your gratitude. But most of all, have fun, be honest, and be yourself. Opportunities like this are rare, enjoy it!