PDA

View Full Version : the girl in the mirror

andrea lace
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I haven't been on this site for a while as I broke the laptop a few months ago and I have missed CD.com and all of the people on here. My wife and I have just replaced the laptop with a better model and have been itching to get back on the forum so here I am. I am alone most days now and the opportunity to dress and be myself has been abundant. I had some Andrea time yesterday and I feel my experimenting with my look is starting to pay off. I am getting better at applying make up and when I look in the mirror I still look like a man in a dress but a little more feminine as time and practice go on. Yesterday when I dressed I looked in the mirror and saw the inner girl looking back at me it was only for a microsecond but it wasn't a man looking back but the part of me that is female was in the mirror. I kept on looking back in the mirror but that fraction of a second was all I got it was a little trippy to say the least. I have only just begun my CD journey and would like to see the girl in the mirror for little longer next time. I was wondering if any of you see a different person looking back at you and not yourself dressed as a woman?.

Jaymees22
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, I see the girl in the mirror, sometimes a little wine helps.

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2013, 05:50 PM
When I take off my glasses I'm see only a blury outline of a head. This way, when I'm a blonde, I can say that I look like anyone that I want too, for example Marilyn. As a redhead Maureen O'Hara or Rhonda Fleming, as a brunette Joan Bennett.

Karren H
05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I typically only see a guy in a dress...... sigh....

Lynn Marie
05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
For me and a few others I know, it's the hair that completes the transition. I'm dressed, face is painted, but I'm still a guy in a dress until the wig goes on. Then I see the change. Oh yeah, and be sure to smile. My mirror girlfriend really likes me!

Emogene
05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Wow, what a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, gave me goose bumps.

As you noted, it is a slow process trying to catch up with GG's who have 20-30 years experience with clothing, hair, makeup, etc. Getting their too, and starting to enjoy looking at myself in a mirror a whole lot more.

Yes, I too, can see the woman within and hopefully I will attain the confidence to accept what my SO tells me about my "look". She thinks I look good, but then she loves me unconditionally! :) That is a very happy, content grin!

Beverley Sims
05-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Andrea,
I think most of us see a man looking back at them.
I know I do, because familiarity breeds contempt and I all look at my own flaws instead of the overall picture.
These days I possibly pass eighty percent of the time.
When I was twenty it was pass all the time.

docrobbysherry
05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I have always disliked the "man in a dress" in my mirror. For 10 years, I never looked in my mirror until I was completely dressed and masked!

These days, it's ALL about the woman in my mirror! And, that relationship is so convoluted, I may NEVER work it out!

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Sherry,
You are lovely, thank you for posting so many outstanding threads and replies.

slamddoger
05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
some time yes and some time no

Jessica Who
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM
That's fantastic, keep going in your journey. I don't see another person in the mirror, just my feminine side, manifested in the real world :)

AmyGaleRT
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
It's the hair that does it for me, too. I put on my lingerie including my forms before I do my makeup, then I pop the ponytail holder off and brush out my hair. I see flashes of Amy in the mirror beforehand, but that point is when I start to see Amy fully emerge. The outer clothing, jewelry, and shoes just reinforce that. It also helps that I play my "girly" music while doing all this, so if I feel like moving to the music a bit, it spices up the transition.

- Amy

Cynthia Anne
05-09-2013, 10:44 PM
I suspect some foul play! For I haven't seen that GUY in the mirror for over two years now!??????????

Crissy Kay
05-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Yes, I see the girl in the mirror, sometimes a little wine helps.

Yes, I must agree with that, though my choice is Vodka!!

GothicEmily
05-10-2013, 01:58 AM
All of you folks talking about how it's the hair that does it makes me think of "Wig In a Box" from the musical/movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch:

NuItUNFw07g

donnalee
05-10-2013, 03:25 AM
I have the same thing happen; I'll walk by a mirror, turn my head and for a fraction of a second and see HER. It doesn't happen often, but it's a thrill when it does.

noeleena
05-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi,

What if you are the woman looking in the mirror the difference then is you are not trying to be other than who you are, so maybe how you look is the real person ,
& the look is not like a female, theres not much you can do, except you are the way you are, of cause being accepted goes a long way , so its not the look that counts is it,

...noeleena...

Edwina
05-10-2013, 05:22 AM
I agree with Lynn Marie. The hair makes all the difference, without it I am an old guy wearing feminine clothing and just a tad silly. :D

Kate Simmons
05-10-2013, 05:40 AM
I am told you can see any number of other dimensional "selves" when you turn the lights out and put a flashlight under your chin and see other incarnations in the mirror. This is because we are actually multi-dimensional beings having several experiences at the same time.:)

Shari
05-10-2013, 05:42 AM
I know exactly where you're coming from Andrea.
The rush is amazing when for a moment or two I see the woman I'm trying to be. For that magical moment the guy in the dress disappears and life is good.

BLUE ORCHID
05-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Andrea, Once I put on my wig and big glasses I see the lady that I want to be smiling at me in the mirror.

Some times I cam see my Mom or my Sister looking back smiling at me.

linda allen
05-10-2013, 07:47 AM
I look in the mirror, I suppose we all do, but I find that photos are much better for seeing what I really look like.

So, in photos from ten feet away, I look like a woman who has lived a hard life. Up close, a man in a wig. :(

dawnmarrie1961
05-10-2013, 08:39 AM
"Mirror..mirror..on the wall... am I still there? Or not at all?"
When I was a child I often had dreams where I would look into the mirror and see myself as a perfect girl staring back at me. It was a fantasy but it left a permanent picture in my mind.As an Adult I realized I can not be that perfect image that I saw in the mirror way back when. I have to work with what I've got. Make a few changes here and there. And be satisfied with result. Imperfect as it may be. It is still "me". And I can live with that.
There is always the danger of looking into the mirror and not recognizing the person on the other side. To lose touch with your own self-identity. I came close to that a few times. But then I realized that the image is not so important as how you feel inside. That is where your true identity lies.

Joy3
05-10-2013, 09:38 AM
when fully dressed I see a woman in the mirror all the time. On "crossdresserchatcity" I am often told how passable I am.

Josie06
05-12-2013, 12:42 PM
All my life when I've looked in the mirror I have seen the girl/woman inside looking back.

Read a lot, learn more about yourself and your style. Learn about yourself, accept who you are and then you can be yourself.

Good luck and have a safe journey. Josie

CynthiaD
05-12-2013, 02:34 PM
The wig does it for me. Once I put it on, I see my own face, a woman's face, looking back at me. Without it, I see a stranger looking at me.

Fifi
05-12-2013, 06:02 PM
This happened to me for the first time the other night while combing my hair (wig) and styling it. With makeup, lipstick, eyeliner, Earrings and Necklace... I looked in the mirror and I saw the girl looking back. Something about the earrings and necklace with the makeup... and making the hair not messy that did it for me.

Asp
05-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm at the point in time where even in my "guy-mode" I see a girl wearing boys clothes.

jillian_nphilly
05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
yes i know the feeling. even if its only for a second. i would love to feel it more, i think fictionmania helped a bit

andrea lace
05-28-2013, 05:27 PM
My wife is off work for the week so hopefully i will get the opportunity to show her my more experienced look! It may be tricky however as my kids are also off school too!