PDA

View Full Version : It's been five years!

ErinP
05-09-2013, 10:19 PM
At eight years old you just know these clothes feel good. At sixteen you are wondering why me? In your twenties you know it just has to be this way and you can't experiment enough. But still wonder, why me? In your thirties you know enough about yourself to start really understanding who you really are. It was at this time I found the support groups and the fun nights out. Leading to that pivotal moment when you know the girl inside will most certainly expresses herself. And conclude that you are not going all the way to womanhood. But that the bra just feels like a part of you. In the end you simply except the fact that you are both male and female and you love yourself.

When you get married to your high school sweetheart at twenty-two you don't know enough about yourself to throw it out there. The Internet has not come of age and you're still alone with your feelings. But within seven years you roll the dice. And you come out a winner. She accepts and even contributes. You enter your thirties at full stride and with pride. Then, for reasons of life, a divorce comes around. Its been seventeen years. You end up in a new city, living across the street from the same nightspot that hosts the group meetings you have been going to. This seems like the perfect dream.

But, after all the years of being in a partnership, even all of this freedom cannot compensate for loneliness. It's hard to be single when you have always had someone to share life with. You end up going out more than you should and blowing a ton of money on two closets full of clothes. And none of it helps. Well, maybe the shoes a little.

Then you come home from work on the first valentines day after. You decide to not even change and go to the "regular" bar downstairs. And something special happens. You meet someone that seems too good to be true. So good that during your second conversation you tell her about the woman that shares your soul. To your surprise she calls you the next day. And just months later you are invited to move in with her. One catch, she has had to take her mom in. You make the decision to put a huge part of yourself in storage. Literally!

And now, mom is on her own.

I have been in storage so long that I'm not sure how to proceed. Honestly, I have not missed all the extra maintenance. (I have horrible body hair that has always held me back. But twenty years of shaving and waxing has helped keep my legs with very thin hair. My little plus. ;) ) The inner girl has never left my side, so to speak. Just like I giggle at folks who have to drive a certain car to compensate for their low self esteem, I don't have to dress pretty to be who I am. But damn it! I'm just so beautiful when I'm in a cute skirt!

So.......

Robbin_Sinclair
05-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm here all alone but it is me Robbin. Not that angst filled man. I have the contentment that I first sought out again in the (12 step type) "rooms." Today, I realized, all my promises to myself fell flat because they were not to the true me. Not if it does not include Robbin.

Chicagoland person, we have little in common except a woman side with maleness. For me, at this moment, taking my strength from both fem and male, I have a sense of contentment that I could never get from religion or a program.

Dress well my dear. I know how it feels with that cute skirt. My cute top and half slip brought me back around today. It never really becomes purged for me, no matter how much I try something new. That is our life. Our salvation. Viva la salvation.

sandra-leigh
05-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Erin, I am left uncertain about why mom is on her own? She moved away from the pair of you? Your partner died and her mom moved away because of that? Your partner left town, leaving her mother behind and her mother moved out after that? Her mother moved into a care home ??

Beverley Sims
05-10-2013, 01:26 AM
I am trying to fathom what it is you are asking.
Have you a specific question.

Erica Marie
05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Ok. So it seems you have been through many of the trials and tribulations of the typical cd. Now you are back in the state of being able to open back up. First question, are you still with you SO? It seems you now have regained your freedom. I say open the closet door and run with it. Put on your favorite summer dress grab the cutest pair of shoes you have and fill your purse and go shopping. You are one of the lucky ones. Many of us never get the chance to meet an understanding SO, many of us never have the freedom to be able to get out and express who we are, for many of us the closet door just wont seem to open. If you have a local meeting spot, now its time you can visit it again.

Lynn Marie
05-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Erin. Love how you write. Very descriptive and entertaining. Hope to see more of you here.

I'm a little older than you, on my own for the last few years, and enjoying it emmensely. Life could only be better if I could lose a couple of pounds, a couple of chins, and find a pair of 3 inch blocky heel pumps that look and feel great!

ErinP
05-10-2013, 10:21 PM
My musing has confused some. It was late and I'm full of unorganized thought these days.

Quite simply, her mom is back on her own two feet. Our five years together have gone quite well. But for the first time we have our own space. I've been reacquainted with most of my personal belongings that have been stored while the needs of family were attended to. And things are better than ever.

I have no questions either. Just thinking out loud I guess. Age brings us experience. With which we gain knowledge. (I hope) In all the knowledge I've gained I have true comfort with who I am. I think we are the lucky ones. If we come to a complete understanding from within, we get to have the best of both worlds. I am a man with female thoughts and feelings. And some positive male qualities as well. So I completely understand why some days are jeans and t-shirt days! Boy or girl.

I was just throwing something out there.

Take Care

Robbin_Sinclair
05-20-2013, 05:21 AM
A jury of our peers. That's all I want. And all that is what I can never have.

"We have the best of both worlds....." The world does cut us a little slack sometimes. Visiting a friend in a small town, my choice of clothing and actually walking a long distance to a bank, people called police about the suspicious character who looked like the profile of a bank robber. Fortunately, I acted as a goofy girl (that I can be) and had talked earlier to a postman who told the policeman that, "he's harmless." I was harmless and "too old to be that bank robber", the policemen, finally deduced later. Wouldn't that have been a lovely arrest?

Life in old guy/girl land. Wish that there was a "local meeting spot" that is more tangible than our CD site.

Back home now, as the coffee kicks in this morning, I'm thinking about what I will wear to my sewing class today. It's time to have my teacher finally see and learn more about who her private student is and why the student wants to make large ladies' dresses. Life's an adventure.

Best to you ErinP. Erin is a favorite name of mine. Evokes soft Celtic feelings of cool mist and dew. xxrbby