PDA

View Full Version : Out of the house at last

Tiffanyselkoe
05-10-2013, 12:23 PM
This morning I met with an out of town friend from this forum to go out to breakfast. Mind you this is the first time I have been out as Tiffany ever! I received some pointers in makeup and hair and also realized I need some everyday clothes. Even being a bit overdressed was no big deal and off we went to the local IHOP. We chatted along the way and were there before I knew it. The first thing I noticed was that the parking lot was crowded. Yikes! After parking I decided to keep my nerves in check and we both walked in. I think my friend could tell I was nervous because we waited for a table and she began asking about my kids. This was just what I needed- to talk about everyday things and not worry about who might be looking as I was pretty certain I was not passing at all. What a wonderful lady. I really appreciated being taken under her wing so to speak. There were no rude comments and the waitress was very nice. We had an enjoyable breakfast and I found I didn't have to fear the big bad world so much. We both got a weird vibe from the table next to us but didn't let it bother us. Strange, I didn't feel like a guy in a dress or a girl for that matter. I just felt like me, a little more vulnerable, but me just the same. Now, off to the mall to get a sundress! Hugs !
Tiffany

RADER
05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Good for you and your friend. I Would love to "Get Out", but with a Mustache,
and a build like a lumber jack, I do not think I could do what you did.
I commend your bravery, and wish you much more getting out.
Rader

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Sometimes that feeling of being a bit vulnerable is good. I think dealing with it give you greater poise in all situations. Glad you had a great time!

Tracii G
05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Good for you !!
See its not that hard is it?

Kalista Jameson
05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
It's great when we don't feel like a boy or a girl, just ourselves, and go about life. Still trying to get there myself! =)

Cheers,

Kalista

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Awesome! I'd say it's true that all of us venturing out just need to do it often enough to build confidence and forget that we're CDing.

Cheryl

Sallee
05-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Isn't that how you should feel Just a regular person where comfortable clothes

slamddoger
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
good for you and i hope you have time out

Beverley Sims
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
A nice copybook initiation for you.
Now you have taken the high dive go forth and enjoy the rest of your life.

Jana
05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Good for you, congrats! There's so much fun to be had, good luck with that sundress!

cdgirl007
05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Taking the first setup out as your real self is huge. Congrats. Now you need to step it up and try it again. The first time I ever went out I was shaking like a leaf. But each time it got better and better.

Ceri Anne
05-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Isn't that how you should feel Just a regular person where comfortable clothes

Absolutly Sallee. The reason we do this is so we can be ourselves. I had a great time Tiffany, you looked good and were presenting better as the outing went on.

MissTee
05-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow, that was a great step forward. Good luck as you venture further.

Tiffanyselkoe
05-10-2013, 09:56 PM
I had an awesome time. Ceri had it going on and helped this newbie with some makeup tips. I hope to someday look as passable. Practice, practice, practice! There were a lot of things I learned about GG 's that I had never thought of that Ceri pointed out. I look forward to another outing sometime!

Natalie Wood
05-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I am very happy for you. You have given me some inspiration.

jillleanne
05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
How wonderful for you Tiff. And you hit the nail on the head; you felt like YOU. Perfect! Congrats hon.

Barbara Ella
05-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Congrats to you Tiffany, and kudos to you Ceri. It is wonderful to have support like that to help you get that natural feeling that is so wonderful. Keep on moving girl.

Barbara

Bree Wagner
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Congrats to you Tiffany, and kudos to you Ceri.

I'll just repeat that. ^^

Tiffany, it's amazing how much easier it gets from here. It's also awesome that you had a helping hand into the world. Have fun with your new freedom!

-Bree

Ocherylkscd
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
There's so many places in Kansas City to get out to. And not that far away!

irishsissy
05-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Congrats Tiffany, You will find that every time you step out it gets easier. I step out almost every day even if it,s only for an hour or so. It,s something I do to make myself feel good. Big Hugs, Cindy

TeresaCD
05-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Glad it was a positive experience!