PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors.

Lucy Lou
05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
How many people have a mirror next to them when they dress. Every time I get dressed, which at the moment is a couple of times a week, I always put a mirror on the sofa next to me and look at myself constantly.:o

I love seeing my self dressed and have to look. I also stand in front of various mirrors I have in my place. It works for me, does any body else stare at themselves when dressed?

:battingeyelashes: Lucy Lou xxx

Danielle_cder
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
oh the ole mirror;) yep I stare and stare at it/them when I'm done up it never seems real, the woman who is looking back at me

Lucy Lou
05-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Danielle, you have just hit the nail on the head. It is the idea of seeing what I am seeing. Seeing myself dressed as a woman still make me fell, 'wow' Lucy :battingeyelashes:

Marlana
05-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, if I looked as good as you, I'd spend a lot of time appreciating the results Danielle.

Ciara Brianne
05-10-2013, 04:41 PM
:o I have mirrors strategically placed in my home. I do like to check myself out in the mirror. It's also a great way to observe myself as I walk and such, I can see the flaws I need to work on. I also like when I have done an exceptional job of putting myself together, I'm always surprised that the pretty girl looking back at me, is me.:)

Ciara:<3:

Beverley Sims
05-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I constantly look in mirrors to check that everything is in place.
I do have to go and look in the full length mirror that is on the inbuilt wardrobe.

Karren H
05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Except to do my makeup..... Nope... hard to drag a mirror to the mall! lol

suchacutie
05-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Transitioning from one gender to the other is a significant block of time for me. It's a ritual that not only allows the outward appearance to change, but the mindset as well. As it turns out there is a full-length mirror in the closet, a double mirror in the bedroom, and two mirrors at right angles (not counting the makeup mirror) in the bathroom. This means that I can add a vision in perspective as each piece of Tina's apparal gets added, when she does her makeup, addition of her hair, then lipstick, and then nails! Maybe it's validation that it's actually happening, but watching her emerge and following the ritual means that she is complete when she leaves the bedroom; thought, looks, deportment, attire, and voice (she talks to herself!).

Couldn't do that without all those mirrors!!

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Nope...only for make up

Alice B
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Have a bathroom full of mirrors and all over the house. Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all.

mikiSJ
05-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I like to see the finish Miki in a full length mirror, but no as each piece goes on. I bought a make up mirror from Sally's last weekend so I did have to drag my wife's along when I head out for the evening.

Abbygirl
05-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Two big mirrors in the "girl room", two down by the PC where I hang out. One is right over my monitor so I can admire my makeup and hair.

Megan Thomas
05-10-2013, 07:44 PM
As with most others, only for make-up along with some mirrors strategically placed around my home - to increase natural light and room aesthetics as well as checking my own appearance prior to going out. I can't say I have a mirror placed near me to keep looking at myself in. Something a bit too narcissistic about that if you ask me (and you did! lol).

Ruby John
05-10-2013, 07:45 PM
I like to call it The Magic Mirror! In fact the whole process is Magic. Ruby

Lucy Lou
05-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I suppose it is narcissistic, but it is rather more a chase of just reminding myself that I am dressed and made up as a woman and I am a man. LOl

Lucy

Quite right Ruby.

Rachel Morley
05-11-2013, 12:17 PM
How many people have a mirror next to them when they dress?OMG ... well, I get dressed in our bedroom and part of the end wall of the room, from ceiling to floor, is a closet with double sliding mirror doors. So my "mirror" is 8 ft wide x 7 ft 6 ins tall :)

Lucy Lou
05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Lucky you. Lucy

Jackie7
05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Mirrors all over our house. We also take lots of photos, love to look through our photos.

Megan Thomas
05-11-2013, 12:58 PM
I suppose it is narcissistic, but it is rather more a chase of just reminding myself that I am dressed and made up as a woman and I am a man. LOl

I just don't get that notion Lucy. I mean, whatever floats your boat... Perhaps as I'm a transsexual I have never seen the "man", just a woman with physical issues.

AllyCDTV
05-11-2013, 05:09 PM
There wouldn't be much point for me in dressing if I couldn't see myself. If I'm not using a mirror, I'm looking at my image in monitor or TV through a Web cam feed.

Lucy Lou
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Well done you, i know exactly what you mean. XX lucy :battingeyelashes:

Jessica Who
05-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I use a magnifying mirror when I do my makeup and then walk to the bathroom to put on my wig. When I'm filming, I keep a mirror next to me and flip the cameras viewfinder toward me so I can see myself :D

Acastina
05-11-2013, 08:02 PM
:o I have mirrors strategically placed in my home. I do like to check myself out in the mirror. It's also a great way to observe myself as I walk and such, I can see the flaws I need to work on. I also like when I have done an exceptional job of putting myself together, I'm always surprised that the pretty girl looking back at me, is me.:)

Ciara:<3:

That's the counter-argument to us being narcissists. We're generally so paranoid about whether we've really made a successful transformation that we need lots of visual reinforcement. My mirrors urge me to stand up straighter, and they make me aware of which profiles to avoid sharing with others.

That, and we are narcissists who are attracted to our created selves. No denying that.

Cheryl T
05-12-2013, 06:33 AM
We have a full length mirror in the bedroom and of course I use it when I get dressed. Have to make sure the outfit looks right, don't you think? Would also be difficult to brush my hair without one...lol

noeleena
05-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi,

What would i need a mirror for, whats to look at any way. do takeing pic's of myself just for the record after i have been with our groups to put with all the others i'v taken during our times out at different outings . the clothes look nice, thats about all. Oh , & my headwear, not impresed with how i look so only when i need to.

...noeleena...

Juliea661
05-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Lucy Lou, yep me too - all the time and every time!!!
Jules has been virtually hidden for most of her life, SO why shouldn't she enjoy looking at her self...? Also, I'm always checking that I've done a fair job with makeup, hair etc. Store windows are great also...LOL
Jules feels she is a young woman/girl, and as far as experience with all things girly she is busy learning and trying out new makeup techniques, clothes combinations, etc, so she needs to look into that mirror, right?
A lady has to make sure she is presentable, right?
:-)
hugs, Jules

1Danni
05-12-2013, 03:58 PM
I have two full size mirrors they are designed with/attached onto the wardrobe.

danielletorresani
05-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I LOVE playing dress up in front of a mirror! I'm especially lucky to have a floor to ceiling mirror. I get so turned on seeing myself so dolled up!

AmyGaleRT
05-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I dress in the bathroom, so of course there's a big mirror right by me through the whole process. If I stand at the right angle, I can get a view of myself, head to toe. We have a big oval wall mirror, too, which gives me a good upper-body view.

You should have seen me in front of the salon mirror yesterday! ;)

- Amy

Jaylyn
05-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I usually do my make up and look at the whole when finished dressing one final check in the full length mirror then I will go about what I have planned for that day. I enjoy helping with the house work fully dressed. This also teaches me to practice walking in my heels. I have some three inch heels and just bought some 5.5 inch ones I love standing in front of the mirror with them on, but have to learn to walk gracefully in them. I use the mirror a lot for that. I also have a small old fashioned compact I check my make up with..