PDA

View Full Version : what if

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 06:56 PM
What if...each of us were to make the most of the lives we have, rather than fantasizing about lives we do not have?

How would you improve your life tomorrow?

Kate Simmons
05-10-2013, 07:08 PM
I've pretty much accomplished everything I wanted to do in life Kim. At this point I am continuing to help others and have fun while I'm coasting.:)

Dana L
05-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I think my family would be mortified. Realisticly I do make the most of the life I have, or at least the life I was delt. Sure it would be nice to be the person I am on the inside but at what cost, are we willing to sacrafice all that we have.

Karren H
05-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm already there..... imho.... I've met every goal I've set and some I haven't set.... yet... life is good and I'm happy....

Megan Thomas
05-10-2013, 07:57 PM
I've pretty much accomplished everything I wanted to do in life Kim. At this point I am continuing to help others and have fun while I'm coasting.:)

That sums me up too...

Jaylyn
05-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I am doing what I love n life, playing with eight grand kids, four great kids of my own, nearly everything paid off, and now pursuing a cross dressing life and finding what other things in life that i I love. Experimenting with old age, thinking I might just give a 125 years a go and see what the future looks like. I am not scared of death and owe that to my faith. To die will only be a gain. My advice is be good, enjoy life and be nice to every one while not sweating the small stuff you can't change....Jaylyn

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 09:01 PM
If you haven't already guessed, my question is really directed towards those who ask these darned hypothetical questions....none of which add one iota of value to what we really can and will do with our lives.

NathalieX66
05-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I love my male self, I love my girl self, I sometimes go out in public as my girl self. The only thing I contemplate is parachuting out of an airplane, which I want to do.....but I'm afraid.

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Please do not jump out of a plane without good reason!

Megan Thomas
05-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Please do not jump out of a plane without good reason!

Isn't jumping out of a plane like committing suicide unless the chute works as intended? I've gone through too much to risk that these days. lol

kimdl93
05-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I admit it, in some regards, I am a coward. If come out to my neighbors, but I will not jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

heatherdress
05-10-2013, 09:18 PM
What if...each of us were to make the most of the lives we have, rather than fantasizing about lives we do not have?

Isn't making the most of the lives we have what each of us should be doing?

EmilyPith
05-10-2013, 10:06 PM
So, kind of a call to action, then? Carpe Diem?

"To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time"
by Robert Herrick

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying :
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer ;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may go marry :
For having lost but once your prime
You may for ever tarry.

Rachelakld
05-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Reached my goal at 22, took 5 years to find new goal, did that also.
Parachuting is way fun, I would love to do it naked or as a girl
Bungy jumping is not fun, once is enough.
White water rafting was fun, until the people on the bank asked if we could "squeal like a pig", luckily no one played banjo.
Scuba diving is way more fun than parachuting, loved skiing.

Found it - I would like to do a jump from outer space like that guy last year

Diana Bain
05-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Jumped out of an airplane 30 years ago ....what a thrill! Diana and David will always be intertwind and I've excepted that....though I'm leaning more to the Diana side now.
"How would you improve your life tomorrow?" Live........and never look back!

Beverley Sims
05-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I am trying to think what I answered the last time this question came up.
I remember it was a loaded question then.
You should compare answers and see how times and acceptability have changed.
Tongue in cheek here Kim I bet there are a lot of new wide eyed contenders with different answers.
Times do change.
I will go away and consider my answer.

AllyCDTV
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I'd get somebody to give me a billion dollars. Yep, that would improve things.

Jessica Who
05-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I would be writing and performing on a sketch comedy show, headlining at stand-up comedy clubs, and taking vacations every weekend. Also, I would have a few million dollars ;)

Toronto Kristen
05-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Absent the fantasy of winning the lottery, I would improve my life by
(a) Continuing to lose weight: I have lost 4 kg in the last 5/6 weeks and want to do that again in the next 5/6 weeks.
(b) Find a new job.

Given the "location" of this discussion, I want to improve my make up skills, so that I can go outside, and as a result of item (1), I will have to buy new clothes.

Tracii G
05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Any goal I had set I accomplished.
Shared my life with two ex wives raised two kids on my own and they are successful adults.
Its me time from here on out and I plan to live life the way I want to.

lingerieLiz
05-11-2013, 09:49 PM
CD or not most people I know fantasize to some extent. I've had a great career and continue to grow. I accept who I am. Could I have done other things if I didn't CD? Probably, but then I wouldn't have accomplished what I did in other fields. We all make tradeoffs.

NEWEXPERIENCES76
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I like this thread a lot because it sure does give a lot of hope to aspiring CDs. The vast majority of responses indicated that most of you are genuinely satisfied with your lives at this point, accomplished many goals and seem to be at peace with yourselves and your lives. Most people in the world can't honestly say that. All that being said, I guess I could improve my life tomorrow by being more honest with myself. Oh yah, and a great pair of sexy boots that fit perfectly would also improve my life.

Leah Lynn
05-11-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm looking for a job where I can work enfemme. Then I'll have it all. The time has come for me to make myself happy; to hell with everyone else, if they don't accept it.

Leah

noeleena
05-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi,

I have never fantasized about my life because it has been worked out, many things i have done i have enjoyed ,

I dont see anything that can improve my life, what i have is all i need, im one happy woman involved with our groups enjoy life to the full. have our family ,

It does not say every detail is perfect just that its part of what we have, the only thing i would love to do is be able to play my instiments ( music ) better so i can play with other people as a compentent player, ( wind instiments, , ) thats what i struggle with. other wise im still happy .

...noeleena...

Lynn Marie
05-12-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm retired and very happily unattached. Little did I realize when I retired and when I gave up my ladyfriend just how liberating and great fun it would be! I dress whenever and wherever I like and for as long as I like. For the first time in over 40 years I'm my own man and woman for that matter! I have no anxiety to find someone. I've got plenty of CD girlfriends to hang out with. Life is very good. My next goal is to get my pilots rating, just for the fun of it!

Raychel
05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
there are alot of things that would change to make my life better and happier
But finances are keeping them all just fantasies for now, I have to get up in
the morning and go to work as usual. Hoping that someday my dreams will come true.

So today and tomorrow I will make the best I can of the day. But the fantasies will still be there.

UNDERDRESSER
05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Well, my life is looking pretty good today. next month, I move in with my SO, first time for me, this relationship is much more than I have ever had before. That includes the time I got engaged! My job is awesome, pay could be better, but I wouldn't change for twice as much. I have grown so much over the last 2 years, partly my job, ( and the people there ) partly my SO, ( and coming out to her ) I foresee more growth ahead. I have told my future landlord that he might see me in a skirt, he shrugged "so?" Today I had a ride which showed that the surgery i had earlier this year has fixed all the problems I had been having, and indicates that i am already in better shape than ever before, and am able to improve on that.

Making the most of it? The only thing I particularly want to work on, is wearing my skirts in public. Not en femme, just a skirt. I'm pretty certain I'll be permitted to wear a hiking kilt at work, and will also ask about skirts. That might not fly, but i don't really have any fears about the boss knowing I'd like to. They are a great group of people.

linda allen
05-13-2013, 07:19 AM

That's an easy one - get rid of these anoying health issues.

Don't get me wrong, many folks have far worse health issues than me, some are even dead.

I see the doctor today about having my stent removed. Once that's done, I can get my hernia repaired and probably my gall blader removed.

After that, there will be a period of taking it easy and recovery, then a period of getting my strength back so I can actually do things besides watching daytime television. There's a whole world out there to be enjoyed.

If you haven't already guessed, my question is really directed towards those who ask these darned hypothetical questions....none of which add one iota of value to what we really can and will do with our lives.

Good point. We are what we are. For the most part, we can't change it. We can try to improve on what we are and what we have, but that's about it. We might as well make the best of who we are.

kimdl93
05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
That's an easy one - get rid of these anoying health issues.

Don't get me wrong, many folks have far worse health issues than me, some are even dead.

I see the doctor today about having my stent removed. Once that's done, I can get my hernia repaired and probably my gall blader removed.

After that, there will be a period of taking it easy and recovery, then a period of getting my strength back so I can actually do things besides watching daytime television. There's a whole world out there to be enjoyed...

Its great to see that you're focused on making your life better by the means at your disposal. As you suggest, there's a whole world out there to enjoy, and this is the only life each of us will have. All we can do is make the best of it!

Frédérique
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM

I think I would re-establish contact with my birth gender. Beyond that, I would work on my artwork, just making the things I've always wanted to make, knowing that everything must come to an end sooner or later...

There’s something else I would do, but I can’t “say” it here, can I? :heehee: