PDA

View Full Version : psychics

paulaprimo
05-11-2013, 01:39 AM
i have an opportunity to go to a group psychic reading with a bunch of my "jock" friends, and if you already know what my question is, maybe i should come see you instead...lol

i'm not a true believer in this sort of stuff, but i was wondering if any members ever went to visit one and if they metioned anything about cross-dressing??

i would hate for the psychic to blurt out that he see's i like to wear thigh highs, mini's and heels in front of my friends. :eek:

Amanda M
05-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the psychic will not be available today......

PaulaQ
05-11-2013, 01:47 AM
I would definitely recommend really light, neutral "barely there" makeup, androgenous clothes like jeans / t-shirt, and no nail polish, or just clear, and no perfume, to help keep her from getting a read on your secret... ;)

Seriously - even if she somehow clocks you because you give yourself away (that's how this works - psychics are simply good at reading the cues people give them), I doubt she'd mention something like that, because it is unlikely to be well received. And believe me - there is a lot more profit in telling you what you want to hear...

TxCassie
05-11-2013, 01:50 AM
I had one tell me (I was in en drab and before I started seriously dressing) that I had to work on my "masculine" side, that I had my feminine side down pretty good. LOL So, if I had it down pretty good before I began dressing, now that I do..LOL

paulaprimo
05-11-2013, 02:28 AM

amanda, that is just too funny!!

I would definitely recommend really light, neutral "barely there" makeup, androgenous clothes like jeans / t-shirt, and no nail polish, or just clear, and no perfume, to help keep her from getting a read on your secret... ;)

thanks paula, so i should leave my purse in the waiting room??

Seriously - even if she somehow clocks you because you give yourself away (that's how this works - psychics are simply good at reading the cues people give them), I doubt she'd mention something like that, because it is unlikely to be well received. And believe me - there is a lot more profit in telling you what you want to hear...

i agree with that, but with my luck she would be independently wealthy and not care about what she says...

I had one tell me (I was in en drab and before I started seriously dressing) that I had to work on my "masculine" side, that I had my feminine side down pretty good. LOL So, if I had it down pretty good before I began dressing, now that I do..LOL

in a private reading i would hope they see and tell me lots of stuff about my cd'ing...maybe even some make-up tips lol

Helen Grandeis
05-11-2013, 03:28 AM
I used to love Clio the Tarot Card Reader who advertised on TV. You could just imagine her set up on a card table under the weeping willow tree. She would flip the first card and say "listen to Clio, don't go out with that married man. She would then flip the second card and say, I see you're not going to listen!
Good luck

Clio ended up being from one of the five Burroughs or some other big USA non tarot community

Kate Simmons
05-11-2013, 07:15 AM
I am a medium but will tell you up front I doubt you will be singled out. It depends on the agenda of the entities being channeled. They tend to promote their own agendas.:)

Ressie
05-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Someone did my astrological chart once and said, "you're kind of kinky aren't you". I think some people are just good at reading body language and facial expressions and become psychics. I predict that something will come up and Paula won't be able to go.

CynthiaD
05-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Psychics tell you what you want to hear to keep you coming back. I don't think there's any danger of one blurting out something embarrassing.

Cheryl T
05-11-2013, 11:06 AM
If psychics were real then why are they not the winners of all the lotteries?????

Marleena
05-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Paula, I believe they are for entertainment purposes only. They are people that have a gift for picking up ques from you. It think they would make great interrogators. Each question they ask is intended to get reactions from you and they stay on that line of questioning. My mom believes in them maybe a little too much.

Rachel Morley
05-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Over the years I have been to several psychics for readings. Only two actually made any direct reference to my femme feelings. One once told me: "You sometimes wish you had been born a girl" ... she came out with it just like that. I was in my late 20's, I was in drab and there were no clues as how she might have guessed that. The second time a different psychic once told me that she felt that "I had a strong affinity with feminine things" and that she thought I probably worked as a nurse or in some other "caring profession". I didn't. I was working in manufacturing. Anyway, in your particular case I think it is highly unlikely that this psychic person will say anything to embarrass or out you to your buddies.

Sophie Yang
05-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I never went to visit one, but I was walking down Polk street in San Francisco minding my own business on a busy weekend. A lady was sitting on a chair on the sidewalk in front of a psychic sign. Several people passed her before I approached her. She did not say or motion to any of the people ahead of me. I wasn't planning to talk with her, but as I approached, she motioned me over and said that there is something different about you! I remember thinking to myself, if she only knew. We chit-chatted a bit before leaving. Maybe I did not blend in as well as I thought I did and she read me. Anyway it was an interested verbal exchange.

Beverley Sims
05-11-2013, 12:20 PM
If that happens, say you put them on as a test to see what his/her reaction would be.
Explain that you are a skeptic.
They love trying to prove themselves.
Me, i'm not a skeptic.
I just don't believe in them.
Keep an open and inquiring mind about it all and show interest.
Seances are good fun, just don't get carried away with the euphoria.
It's sorta like pink fog, only different.
Very different.

AllyCDTV
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't believe in psychics but I'm not going to risk it just in case. If you do go and you want to add a little insurance, just wear an aluminum foil hat. I understand it keeps all your psychic vibrations contained in your head. Be careful about dangerous feedback though.

NEWEXPERIENCES76
05-11-2013, 11:22 PM
I say go and have a good time. I had a similar situation where I went with a bunch of friends to a party that had a hypnotist and I feared the same that somehow I would subconsciously talk about my crossdressing desires. It turned out that I had nothing to worry about and I do not believe you should worry either. Just have fun and know that most of the "jocks" are probably hesitating from going also because deep down, they have their own secrets that they do not want made known to everyone.

Juliea661
05-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Go for it Paula! I had the same positive experience as Rachel M. referred to.
Hugs, Jules

bobbimo
05-12-2013, 06:16 AM
I went to one many years ago at a conference party. It was supposed to be just for fun, But the things she told me took my breath away.
If you have a good poker face go for it. If the psychic is good, you will be amazed at what they can tell you about your past that you had tucked away, and hadn't thought about for years.
Bobbi

Billie Jean
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
I went to one many years ago at a conference party. It was supposed to be just for fun, But the things she told me took my breath away.
If you have a good poker face go for it. If the psychic is good, you will be amazed at what they can tell you about your past that you had tucked away, and hadn't thought about for years.
BobbiI read tarot for my friends and its amazing how many times the cards are truly reflecting the past and present. One girl was engaged to a man the cards pointed to him cheating. A week later she caught him and I had never met him. They also predicted she would meet someone who adored her and she met him within a month. A good reader not only told me about things in my life but also named people by names. Could all be coincidental but I tend to believe in it.:straightface: Billie Jean

NicoleScott
05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm surprised there's been no mention of Sylvia Brown, the so-called psychic who informed Amanda Berry's mom that her daughter was dead. Those close to her said that she lost her will to live after hearing the dreaded news, never to know that Amanda was alive and escaped her captor after ten years. Dangerous stuff, allowing a psychic to influence your life like that. It's nothing but hokum, but people will line up to give psychics their money.
We will always hear about the "hits", but the "misses" are just ignored or dismissed.

ginafaye
05-24-2013, 09:49 PM
seen one once who was very famous, everything she told me has come true....even the part where she saw me with vast amounts of money....was a armed guard for awhile and hauled lots of cash ...lol

Eryn
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't trust a psychic who makes appointments with their clients. Shouldn't they be able to predict when the clients are arriving? :)

Diversity
05-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Yes, I have been to a psychic, and she told me toward the end of our session, that I would become very interested in girls and would take an approach to gaining further understanding of them. Shortly thereafter, I felt such strong urges to CD, that I could not resist no matter how hard I tried. I then came out to my wife and we have been working things out together. The progress has been good and I am no longer hiding anything from her. Oh, and yes, I am definitely learning more and more about women and what they wear and how they feel. It is all very new and interesting to me, and I am enjoying this new spirituality that I am feeling. Good luck with your session. Why not have a private session?
Di

Megan Thomas
05-25-2013, 04:48 AM

amanda, that is just too funny!!

Reminds me of a psychic's website I encountered some time ago now. It was shut down with a single message in the centre of the screen which read "This website is closed due to unforeseen circumstances". Sadly they can't have paid their web hosting fees as it's completely offline now.

bimini1
05-25-2013, 05:48 AM
No psychic is 100% accurate but some do have some ability in that regard. Many of us have had psychic experiences but just deny that is what they were. Michael Jordan may have been arguably the greatest basketball player in history. That does not mean he made every shot every time. That's a good analogy for even the best psychics.

Robyn2006
05-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Still waiting for the headline: Psychic wins million dollar lottery!

donnalee
05-25-2013, 08:22 PM
My late SO had dreams that had far more accuracy than they should have. I soon learned to ignore them at my peril.

VAWyman
05-25-2013, 09:00 PM
has anyone thought about the irony of advertising a psychic fair on a billboard?

Alaina R
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Most psychics are a joke and not worth taking seriously but there are a few people who can pick up on things. I once had a friend who was a professional astrologer, who, although not truly psychic was extremely intuitive and could zero in on essential aspects of a person pretty well. It was pretty impressive. More to your question, I did once meet an amateur psychic (professionally he was a PhD involved in biological research) doing very short (5 minute) readings at a local fair. In those 5 minutes I was so impressed that I arranged with him for a full reading at my house. During that later reading he picked up on the crossdressing without my consciously giving any clues (appearance would not have been a clue either). He also picked up on a lot of other life aspects (unrelated to crossdressing) that he had no business knowing. Most interestingly, during the reading he asked me about a particular woman, whom he described, as he thought she probably was an important part of my life. I told him I didn't know anyone like that. I forgot about it for a few years, moved to a new area, met a woman and got married. One day, a couple years after I married, it hit me like a ton of bricks. His physical description of that unknown woman described my wife almost exactly. So, I'd think twice before completely discounting these types of things.

Allison Chaynes
05-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I talked to a psychic once. When she asked me my name, I knew she was a fraud.

MssHyde
05-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Still waiting for the headline: Psychic wins million dollar lottery!

I like that, right on girl

Persephone
05-26-2013, 03:15 AM
Go and enjoy yourself!

A professional psychic should never "out" you to your friends, it violates the ethical standards of the profession.

Like a couple of the others here, I have a small amount of psychic ability and have hung out with others who have a great deal more ability. Some of the experiences have been incredible!

I predict that you will have a great time and I look forward to your post about your experience.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jenny Gurl
05-26-2013, 05:19 AM
I would not worry. They simply are good at basic deduction, asking questions or deducing the obvious and then stating it. You walk with a limp, I see you had some kind of accident i your life with your leg. They go with the odds, their statements are more like questions to be confirmed and when they are wrong they simply twist their words to say that is what they were getting ready to say, or what they saw was someone they know or was near had this problem. Total crap, should be charged with fraud in most cases. Usually come with a disclaimer of "for entertainment purposes only".

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/09/celebrity-psychic-sylvia-browne-under-fire-for-telling-amanda-berrys-mom-was/

Oh, and the psychic friends paid call in service went bankrupt, didn't see that one coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_Friends_Network

Angela Campbell
05-26-2013, 05:26 AM
My late SO had dreams that had far more accuracy than they should have. I soon learned to ignore them at my peril.

I do this. I have dreams that tell the future. The problem is I am never sure which dreams are like that until something happens. Sometimes I am pretty sure like when I dreamed my Father was going to die. He was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months later and died a year after that. Usually the dreams are just events that I recognize when they actually happen and I remember the dream or I told someone about the dream and they reminded me about it when it comes to pass.

Once when I lived in a mobile home, I had a dream that a new home was put in next door to me. In the dream the truck pulled up and backed it in the space and then a midget jumped out of the truck to start putting blocks under the mobile home. The next day that all actually happened. No I never get dreams about the lottery.

Kate Simmons
05-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Still waiting for the headline: Psychic wins million dollar lottery!A person with true abilities does not use it for personal gain or anything selfish. Also, true knowledge is totally free to anyone honestly seeking it.:)

Shadeauxmarie
05-26-2013, 03:13 PM
A person with true abilities does not use it for personal gain or anything selfish. Also, true knowledge is totally free to anyone honestly seeking it.:)

I suppose they could always give it to charity. But they never do. If they are not psychic, they are preying on people and that makes them evil in my book. Nobody has successfully completed their challenge at the James Randi Educational Foundation. That's where the psychic says I can do XXX and they prove it. Nobody has done better than random chance. That does not prove the nonexistence of psychics, but it proves none of the people who applied and were tested were psychics. Pretty convincing evidence in my book.

ReineD
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM
They may or may not have psychic abilities, but most people who do this are highly intuitive and they pick up on subtle signals including the finer points of people's reactions to the things the psychic is saying. Also, if you have any tell-tale sign of the CDing (thinner eyebrows, clipped arm hair, pierced ear lobes, longish hair, a remnant of makeup or nail polish, etc), the psychic will pick this up. Whether she says something or not depends on her own sense of discretion given that your male friends will be there.