PDA

View Full Version : Police pull u over efem; how would u react?

womanatheart
12-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Here is the situation: Out efem, enjoying a few (too many) drinks at dinner. Stop by your fav shop for a 8pm shop efem. Enjoyable evening out in your best efem. You call it a night as you put that new purchase next to you in the car and drive home. On the drive home, while efem, the unexpected occurrs as you drive through that surprise 25 mph zone. Sirens, lights and shock!!!. In your gut you know the police are stopping you. You quickly pull into side street, parking lot, off the road and wait those 5 seconds that feel like 15 minutes as the policeman walks to the side of your car with that 1500 watt flash light. What do you do? Take your wig off before you stop? Quicly wipe off your lip stick? Try to get your license out of your purse before asked? Or do you stay efem risking the ire/questions of a male police officer? Show your male ID? Maybe the policeman asks for you to step out (in your still new heels and leg restaining dress) and do a sobriety test? Every light in the county blazing on you in full public view? (have you ever stood before the lights of a police car - they are dizzying) Do you imagine the police report? Do you start crying at the police station when they bring you in? Do you beg to get out of your dress, heels and wig?
It happened last night to me......

Adrianne
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't know what i do, what happened to you when the police pulled you over.

Katrina
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
All I have to say is: "Doh!"

Ashley in Virginia
12-15-2005, 09:49 PM
You just have to "man up". They are trained to deal with people like us. No reason to sweat it. Get the tickets and move on.

Robertacd
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I am so worried about ending up in jail wearing a dress that I NEVER drive when I have been drinking en femme.

If I ever got stopped for some traffic violation while dressed I would just pull over, be respectful and act like nothing is wrong. Believe me even in my small town I would not be the first guy in a dress they have ever seen.

I certainly would not be like the guy on Cops that would not pull over, kept going and going, finially after five cop cars surround him he stops but would not get out untill he had his makup off, they of course pulled him out and made a spectical of him...

He had not even been drinking, just blew through a light as it turned red. If he had just stopped he would have gotten a ticket and that would have been the end of it.

I still can not figure out why he was so worried taking off his makup before he stopped, he was fully dressed for goodness sakes.

sue_donim
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I have been pulled over several times whilst out en femme, I always state my name as female and add also known as giving my male name. As long as you don't try to deny having a male name (unless legally changed). Always be honest and open with them.

On one occasion when I was pulled over The officer wanted to search me, in the uk a male officer can't search a female and vice versa. The officer in question had assumed I was a TS and had never been in that situation, and therefore didn't know what to do, he even asked if I wanted their doctor calling to the scene.

Also if you had been drinking alcohol you should't even get in your car and attempt to drive. That's asking for trouble and not just with the law.

Sue_donim

Abby Lauren
12-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I absolutely agree with Ashley. Police should be expected to treat us as citizens with rights even if we're enfemme. We will need our regular (male) driver's license and will probably hear a comment or two but it should not cause us to run away.

dani_grl03
12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I dont want to sound harsh or anything but this is just how I feel. If you dont want to get put into a situation like that, Dont put Yourself in that situation. It is really simple. Dont break the law and you wont have to worry about winding up in jail.
On the other thought, I personally know that the officers where I live treat people with respect as long as the officer is shown respect. My suggestion would be to NOT lie, give the officer the requested doncuments when asked. If you start throwing your wig off and digging in your purse it might be perseived as your looking for a weapon. Dont move around alot to give them an excuse to request backup. Dont argue. Tell the officer your real name and give them your real I.D. One thing I have heard of is a card made up to give with you drivers license that explains why you are dressed the way you are and that you would ask to be treated with the same dignaty and respect as any one else.
Be respectfull, Dont Lie, Dont argue.

sherri
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
You're saying you were taken to jail? Because you were DUI, I presume? So what happened next?

Fallen Angel
12-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Ive been stopped at a few check points over this year and every time i was in fem attire they where polite and curtius to me they asked if if i was drinking i said no and they let me pass. just be polite as well dont panick !!! police oficers have seen more than most of us have in a life time.But my rule has always been i do not drink while going out xxxxx

Joanie B
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
I am so worried about ending up in jail wearing a dress that I NEVER drive when I have been drinking en femme.

If I ever got stopped for some traffic violation while dressed I would just pull over, be respectful and act like nothing is wrong. Believe me even in my small town I would not be the first guy in a dress they have ever seen.

I agree. I have been stopped a couple of times while en femme, but always sober.

The last time was for illegal lane usage, no big deal. The cop just called me Ma'am and asked for the usual documents, looked at them, told me to be more careful and never mentioned or asked about the male name on the license. Just don't panic, don't remove wig or makeup. Just act natural and respectful. There is no need to even explain or make excuses about why you are en femme.

Now if you are drunk, I would say you have more problems than being caught in a dress...... I agree with others who earlier commented on not drinking and driving...

My two cents.

Joanie

Lacamas
12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
I have also worried about this too.
I dont drink so i do not need to worry about that.

But i am now extra carefull while driving.

If i do get stopped i will give the officer what he needs
and be as respectfull as possible.

Just remember they are only doing their job.

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Most police department these days are trained to deal with TG folks just like anyone else -- although there's undoubtedly the occasional rogue cop.

However if you're DUI, then they're going to take you to jail and the inmates are likely to be less enlightened. One more reason to control your drinking if you're gonna drive.

Gemma Rhodes
12-16-2005, 03:48 AM
The simple matter of fact is that you should NEVER drink and drive whether in drab or en femme. I don't, as you are not only endangering your own safety but innocent members of the public too.

The times when I drive en femme I always take a "boy bag" with me so if I break down I can change back whilst waiting for help. Have never been stopped by the police yet but will have to front it out if and when I do.

To be perfectly honest I am quite apalled that drink-driving is even being discussed in this thread. A good friend of mine was knocked down once by a drink-driver so I am fairly passionate about this.

Gemma xx

Linda-x
12-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I was pulled over last November, and also Feburary this year. Both times for speeding. No tickets either time. I kinda go numb, and actually almost get calmer than normal. I was looking pretty hot, though , maybe that helped, giggle. Oh yes, I don't drink, and that's often what they are looking for.

stlmichelle
12-16-2005, 06:22 AM
I was pulled over my first time out as Michelle. I had taken my wig off earlier and put on regular shoes to drive in. I had to do a sobriety test, and the whole nine yards. Needless to say I was mortified, imagining the worst, but I was honost with the officer. I didn't even get a ticket. The experience just made never want to drive as Michelle again

Wendy me
12-16-2005, 06:54 AM
i was stopped just this past summer and yes i was like omg but i have to say the police offcer was real nice and let me go true my heart was pounding ...
see my thread abought it .....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13054

Christina Nicole
12-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I know a lot of police officers. They all just want to do their jobs with the minimum of problems. But when faced with a problem, they will do whatever is required in the situation.

So, if you're not doing anything wrong, they won't bother you. But if you were doing something wrong, own up to it, be honest and polite and it probably won't be that bad. The police have never stopped me while I was driving en-femme. I am especially diligent to avoid any traffic infraction. If I did get stopped, I'd show my real ID, explain the situation, accept my ticket, and then have my attorney handle it; basically the same as if I would have been stopped wearing my usual clothes.

DWI is a "special" driving offense in most states. You will be taken to the station house. You will probably be put into jail. Someone will have to come and get you. You won't be in the closet anymore. Driving after having a few drinks is stupidly irresponsible; someone could have been hurt or killed. Driving after having a few drinks while en-femme is so blindingly stupid that words fail to describe it. I'd say you were very fortunate and extremely lucky.

Regards
Christina Nicole

Lawren
12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Cool and calm on the outside, but like a scared rabbit on the inside. LOL

hotxbuns
12-16-2005, 10:27 AM
The same thing happened to me a few years back (i was just over the limit because i skipped dinner-beware of that one). I had a change of clothes in the car which i was allowed to change into and managed to get most of my makeup off in the police car so it wasnt too bad. The police were very nice and seemed to go out of their way to be politically correct it was kind of funny. I eventually received a good behaviour bond from the judge and my attire was never mentioned in court - i think judges are secretly supportive anyway i mean they wear wigs and gowns everyday!!!!!!

Katie Ashe
12-16-2005, 10:41 AM
You just have to "man up". They are trained to deal with people like us. No reason to sweat it. Get the tickets and move on.
I can agree here, When I went through police training, we are taught to treat everyone the same regardless of apperance. There isn't much they haven't seen. The smallest person in the world can be the biggest problem for a cop. Be respectful and they will too. Be agressive and they will take you down. A threat is a threat in any situation. A person drinking and driving, or a dog strapped with C4 moving through a vilage in Vietnam. I'm sorry to hear you were busted, hope this work out. Best wishes.

Gemma Rhodes
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
The police were very nice and seemed to go out of their way to be politically correct it was kind of funny.

I don't think any occurance of drink driving can be called "kind of funny".

Having known someone involved in an accident with a drunk driver I am amazed at the flippant "so what" attitude of some of the posts on here. The sooner people realise that even the smallest amount of alcohol can effect your thinking and reaction time the better and the sooner we have a "zero" tolerance limit the better. :angry:

Gemma xx

hotxbuns
12-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Gemma if you are going to quote me then dont take it out of context, i said that the way the police behaved when pulling me over that was kind of funny. I do not condone drink driving in any degree and in normal circumstances i would have been well under the limit for driving but as i said i did not eat beforehand and believed i was under the limit which is 0.05 in Victoria. This post was about what should you do if you are pulled over and not about whether drink driving is ok btw do you realise using your mobile phone whilst driving is equivalent to being twice the legal limit in some road tests so dont do this either.

MsJanessa
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm not only a TG/CD but am also a lawyer with many years experience--first of all don't drink and drive--either dressed or not---and just a hint--a drunk T-Girl looses that sensuality that most of us strive to achieve--My memory goes back a few years ago to a really drunk cd in a bar I was in who insisited of lifting her skirt and showing her "package" to the rest of us--not the way to get anybody interested---If you do get stopped for DUI or anything else--just pull over immediatly, don't give the officer a hard time---show him your license, registration, and proof of insurance, The chances are real good that if he is stopping you for a minor infraction there won't be a problem at all---the police in most places deal with T-Girls on a fairly regular basis and deal with us like anybody else. If you get arrested for DUI you are entitled to bail, usually on your own recogizance, (a simple promise to appear in court) and will be released after you have been booked and charged---do not--repeat---do not get in your car to drive home--you will be arrested and charged with a second offense.---If you are too embarassed to call a friend or a relative to give you a ride--take a cab--if you are too far away from your home to take a cab--do what I do when I go on road trips over 10 miles from my house---take an overnight bag with male clothes and makeup remover---then call a friend or a relative--just a cautionary note---while most police wont give us a hard time because we are T-Girls, most won't give us a pass on misbehaving---your best bet is to act like a Lady, with a capital L---that will go a long way to keeping you out of trouble. Good Luck--Janessa

Fiona K
12-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Don't drink and drive, the rest is much less of a crime.
Fiona
xx

Sam-antha
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Never, ever, drink and drive.
Always do what the policeman asks and do it deliberately.
Do not tell stories.
Make sure you have your licence with you before you leave home and likewise be sure that you have petrol in your tank.
Do not try to escape.
Given all those "do" things, you will not end up in either the Jail or the Police Station itself.

Good luck folks

Kiah Foxx
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I thinkl would take a cab if i was going to be drinking or get a friend to drive.

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Others have said it. Keep cool act enfemme and dont b+d.
Good to be back.
Jayne

Michelle Hart
12-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I got stopped last night becaudse a headlight out.

Did my nails the day before, so they were a bright shiny purple. Really pretty !! So he tells me I have an upaid parking ticket and has to take me downtown. I was polite and did as told which I have alway done, dressed or not. When we got downtown and he booked me he made no comments about my fingers or earings. He just asked if I had any othe peircings that was it.

My girlfriend came down picked me up after my bond posted and that was it. It was no big deal. I was alone in the cell and did remove them while I was in there but otherwise it was uneventful.

Be polite and respecful and cops will do the same. Don't ask for trouble and you wont get it.

_Janelle_
12-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I got stopped last night becaudse a headlight out.

Did my nails the day before, so they were a bright shiny purple. Really pretty !! So he tells me I have an upaid parking ticket and has to take me downtown. I was polite and did as told which I have alway done, dressed or not. When we got downtown and he booked me he made no comments about my fingers or earings. He just asked if I had any othe peircings that was it.

My girlfriend came down picked me up after my bond posted and that was it. It was no big deal. I was alone in the cell and did remove them while I was in there but otherwise it was uneventful.

Be polite and respecful and cops will do the same. Don't ask for trouble and you wont get it.

They tossed you in jail for an unpaid parking ticket - that's pretty hard core!

tgirlkari
12-16-2005, 10:27 PM
I have only been pulled over 1 time for a headlight being out (I personally do not drink and drive:not being mean)I just acted calm as though nothing was not as it should be I gave them my license as asked and he asked if there was a reason he should know about why I was dressed like that I simply told him I was on my way to afterdark (a local bar) for the drag show nothing illeagal he simply said ok I wound up with a warning to get my light fixed and a wish for a good evening. The Drag shows on friday nights are great at afterdark.

Michelle Hart
12-17-2005, 01:54 AM
They tossed you in jail for an unpaid parking ticket - that's pretty hard core!

YA think.:rolleyes:

Small town, slow night.............got to do somthing to earn their money I guess.

Just finished redoing my nails. Bright Pink, what the hell. My brother saw them and said the purple has to go............

Hope he likes LOL

Kera_dove
12-17-2005, 02:04 AM
It happend that I had some community service that I hadnt finished and ended up being taken to the local jail, Fully enfem ((no make up under drab)) 10 mins before going to work. Being patted down and then strip searched at the jail was really akward. But thank heavens that the officer at the jail I knew from him stopping in where I worked and he didnt make it a big deal ((Thankfully I was bailed out 20 mins later by my boss.))

~Kera

Amelia Moxon
12-17-2005, 07:47 AM
You must never drink and drive, never, never, I won't so much as have a half pint even with a meal if I'm driving, whether en fem or in male mode!
Don't drink and drive ever!!!!!!!

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Sophia Rearen
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
All right girls, we understand the serious of drinking and driving. And, we all know we are not supposed to do it! You sound like a bunch of mothers. Saying the same thing over and over again. There's a organization for that, it's MADD. If your so passionate about it (which is great) join their organization. Maybe you could start your own side organization, CDMADD. I'm sure if Womanatheart is guilty, she feels bad enough.

We don't know the exact circumstances in womanatheart's case. We don't know for sure if she was over the legal limit, we can only assume at this point she was because she wrote "too many". In my particular case, I could probably be illegal if I were to have used Nyquil Night Time cold relief. Perhaps the next morning I could be DUI because I have a commercial driving license and my limit is .04 . There are many other scenarios that could come into play. Alcohol stays in your system for a long time. The amount of water and food in your system also come into play. If she was DWI let the courts deal with it now.

Also, notice the difference in acronyms. DUI is Driving Under the Influence. Could be Nyquil. DWI is Driving While Intoxicated.

Stephanie asked what would you do if pulled over? Not, should I have been drinking and driving?

TGMarla
12-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Remember Cheech and Chong?

"Hey there's a cop behind us, man! No! Don't turn around! Just act nacheral!"

The misspelling is mine on purpose. But what else are you going to do? Don't drink and drive, act natural, and try to keep your dignity. It's likely an uncomfortable situation for the cop, too. And he'll have something to tell his wife when he gets home.

I wouldn't want to do the field sobriety test in drag.

But a traffic ticket is not something you can be arrested for unless you have outstanding warrants.

Rachel_740
12-17-2005, 09:43 AM
I just carry on being Anne, as I have been living in role for nearly a year now - no worries for me, just another new experience. But then being stopped in the first place would be like a new experience as it's so many years since it's happened.

Anne

Sarahgurl371
12-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, While I have only one drive while en femme under my belt, I do have a plan. I would make sure to have a bag with guy clothes and shoes in it, as well as make up remover. The rest of my plan is I do not drink and drive, and I am generally pretty observant of traffic laws and regulations. If I were pulled over, I would simply comply with the officers instructions.

I know many cops from my career in public safety. And have done ride alongs several times. You have know idea of the things they face in a routine traffic stop. Here in Pa, a State Trooper, 22 year veteran, was killed during a routine trafffic stop for speeding. There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop in the officers mind. So any "suspicious" activity inside the vehicle, or reaching into a purse when not instructed to do so, could evoke a response. The Officer has no idea if you are simply a CDer out for a nice evening, or a fugitive, or a drug dealer, or whatever. Show the officer the respect they deserve, and I believe they will show you respect in turn.

I also heard there is a law that they (the cops) have to let you change into drab attire prior to putting you in jail, or place you in a private cell. Anybody know if thats true?

Billie Renee
12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
That is something I don't woory about because when I got my licence renewed I was enfeme. Make-up wig the whole nine yards and nothing was said about it,maybe I should worry if I get pulled over in drab,huh something to think about I guess.

Abby Lauren
12-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Billie Renee
You should claim you lost your driver's license while in drab and get another one. Usually not a problem.

stlmichelle
12-18-2005, 09:35 AM
I think in the state of MO you can request a separate cell if you are arrested while dressed en-femme

MandyTS
12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
<snip> I don't start racing or speeding as a girl... and if I get stoped, I just pull out my therapist letter and it explains everything!

Mandy

JocelynG
12-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't drink so that part wouldn't be an issue,but if I got pulled over I would be really nervous but probably try to keep it together and just give the officer my license and act naturally. I just thought of something to add to this.What if it was a female officer? Would you act any different?Has anybody been pulled over by a female officer?

Lawren
12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
It wouldn't change my attitude at all. I treat all officers with the same respect and courtesy. After all, they risk their lives to "serve and protect" me. Also, female officers are trained to handle the same situations that male officers are trained for. Honesty, courtesy, and respect have gotten me out of trouble more than once before and will work again if I need it.

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
When we lived in West Virginia, we lived in a small town. Our next door
neighbor was a cop. One evening after a xmas party, we ran into a license
check stop. When we got to the front of the line. There was my neighbor. I hollered at him and he came over.

He looked at me then the wife and asked if I had been drinking. I said a
couple of drinks at the xmas party. He smiled, shook his head and said "since the next turn off is our street take it easy and go home". We laughed and I said "see you later" and drove off. I had had more than a couple of drinks.
If he had not been there, they would have probley made my wife take over
the wheel. They rather do that than aresst someone. Small towns can be
nice sometimes. LOL

MsJanessa
12-21-2005, 12:36 PM
How did your encounter with the law turn out Hon?:dom:

suzy
12-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I don't want to go into why......but.....

Please, just listen to Msjanessa.......

She is absolutely right.... I know. Believe me I know..

So... ladies,

Be brave and suck it up....don't drink and drive and if you're pulled over...be natural. Reveal your real name and real drivers license, registration and insurance and smile when you get a break or when you get a ticket...

Tomorrow is another beautiful day.

Hugs and kisses..

Suzy

steph so 1999
12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Drinking and driving can be disasterous.Barring wrecks etc.you can still be pulled over by the statzepolezi,mugged etc. The police are in fact trained to not let the mode of dress affect their decision but,if its late and,you are drinking,there is gonna be hell to pay.Get a cab,get a ride.Get a GG to give you a ride home.Be safe.

EjayeCD
12-26-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm a police lieutenant, and what you need to do is remain calm, not make any sudden movements & be honest with the officer who stopped you. Police have seen just about ecerything, including TV's & TG's, so it isn't a big deal to us.
One thing you NEVER want to do either in DRAB of DRAG, "DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE".