PDA

View Full Version : Good planning to go out

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm sure all of us planning to go out en femme worry about all of the "what ifs." I know I do though I've been out before but it was many years ago.

So here is my strategy: I'm lucky to live in a very rural neighborhood and now that Mother Nature is filling in with foliage, no neighbor would see me dressed getting into my car. That's the easy part. My hair stylist has invited me to come to the salon dressed. The salon is in a residential area where no one would think to recognize me crossdressed.

But on the way there and back, my strategy is to have a bag of male drab clothes and shoes just in case I need a quick change just in case. Yes, the tires are good and I keep my vehicle maintained but you never know. And I do the speed limits and am not all over the road.

Am I worrying too much and taking it too far?

Cheryl

ArleneRaquel
05-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree that we all need to plan ahead, I was one that years back thought too much on planning and being afraid of being caught, I don't care any longer. Hugs & Best Wishes.:battingeyelashes::brolleyes:

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi Arlene! Thanks! You're a new great friend! I do know a local cop who hasn't seen this side of me until she sees my driver's license. I heard she'd be cool with it not that I break any driving laws. LOL! MWAH!

Cheryl

ArleneRaquel
05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Cheryl,
Thank you darlin...YOU are THE GREAT FRIEND. Hugs. I don't drive any longer, so I depend on the generosity of friends for transportation and other things.

Beverley Sims
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
No, when I get adventurous and spread my wings, I use much the same strategy.
There is nothing like plan "B".

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Beverly, my Plan B is actually a security blanket. At least I know a dark T-shirt, jeans, and black guy sneakers are the "color of my parachute." What color is your's? LOL!

Diane Smith
05-11-2013, 03:21 PM
I always carry a "crash bag" with a change of casual guy clothes (sneakers, jeans and a T-shirt) just in case I get stranded on the road and have to change a tire or deal with a not so sympathetic cop or tow truck driver someday. I have even known some GGs who do this when they're dressed up and driving -- you never know when you might need to get dirty.

- Diane

Allison Chaynes
05-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Cheryl, you're just being cautious, nothing wrong with that. I hope to move from my suburban nightmare someday and out to the country where I can do the same!!!

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-11-2013, 03:37 PM
All good advice planning for the worst! You never know! Allison, living in the country has its advantages. I love going out in my yard fully dressed! Soon I'll be using my one-piece bathing suit in the pool without a care in the world!

Cheryl

Cheryl T
05-12-2013, 06:38 AM
You must worry about the "what ifs" because unfortunately there are weirdos out there in the world. It's the same as any woman taking the proper precautions, thinking about where you walk alone, where you drive alone and so on. Those are necessary.
As for those dealing with speeding and the police, the car breaking down and such I don't even think about them anymore. They can happen in either mode, so there is no real difference. These "what ifs" are optional.

Rogina B
05-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Get yourself a Tyvek suit at Sherwin Williams or the HD and Lowe's of the world.Add sneakers,knee pads[or a foam kneeling pad] and gloves,and you are good to go to the hair salon without a worry! A "little emergency bag" is fine,"a big one" is being a bit paranoid. The angry mobs with torches and forks won't take the time to bother you,honestly,no one cares that much.

I Am Paula
05-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Rogina- the voice of reason. If you are pulled over by a policeman, it's about your driving, not your fashion sense. Some work gloves for changing a tire are good, the rest is overkill.

Lorileah
05-12-2013, 02:47 PM
This morning threw a polo shirt and a pair of loafers (really women's) in the back seat in case the t-shirt I have on is too revealing and the shoes too girly so I could stop at Charming Carlie on the way home...But I won't, the skinny jeans I have on are to low waist and if I bent or squat down...well it ain't pretty :) I always have my golf bag in the other car with jackets, extra slacks (and a exercise skort, and lip stick...) in case I need it and I always have a white pair of coveralls that I have carried with me for 25 years...in case I needed to change a tire or something while I was dressed up (by that I mean a shirt tie and jacket or similar)

suchacutie
05-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Just a thought....a little bag with essentials to remove all that lovely makeup!

Planning is always a plus!

marlenesexton
05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Its not much different than taking tools with you, keeping a knife, flashlight, etc. in your pocket or a first aid kit in the car. You never expect to use that stuff. It's just in case.

I get a week away from the wife and kids every year when they are off at summer camp. Before I was relegated to venturing out at night or just intimates, pantyhose, etc. under make clothes outside. But I cleaned out the garage and I can get my car in there. I can get in there without anyone seeing me now. That's not why I did it, but I was thinking about that new option when I did.

Vickie_CDTV
05-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Having a change of male clothing with you just in case seems like a perfectly reasonable precaution to me.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Vickie, It makes sense to me! Having a security blanket at least gives me greater confidence that if the worst happened, I won't suffer a stroke or worse yet, embarassment.

Cheryl