PDA

View Full Version : Excess and Impulses

lingerieLiz
05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I was out and decided to stop at one of the discount stores that from time to time get top of the line clothes and discount them early. As I was walking through the "intimate apparel" section I spotted two Natori foam cup bras in my size. Originally $68 and now $9.99. I grabbed them and not having seen anything else I liked started towards the checkout isle.

Then it hit me. I have over 100 bras. So many that I can't remember just how many or what I have. I don't usually wear foam cup bras especially in the summer when all I have on is a summer top or souvenir T-shirt. I don't try to pass as a gg so it makes my boobs even more obvious. So I debate about why I'm buying them and decide not to. I have at least a dozen foam cup bras.

Well after I leave and do some errands it hits me that the brown one would work under a really pretty top I have. It would blend with the top, but also show just enough to be interesting. So I rationalize and go back to get it and the black one.

Well they are gone. I look around and they are no where to be found. Now I was upset that I hadn't bought them earlier. Hope the gg that bought them enjoys them.

But on the way home I started to rationalize. I didn't need them I have several Natori bras, but I didn't have that style and that color. Then it hit me I'm excessive! My wife only owns maybe 20 bras in all and never buys new unless she really needs to. It really isn't about money but about at what point to you quit collecting. If I wore a different one each day it would take over 3 months to wear them all. So at most I would only wear them 4 times a year. We can all do the math if we wore 2 every day ... etc. The other thing is most of them sit in the dresser drawers and never get worn. I as most ggs do wear the comfortable ones most of the time.

I know that most people have things that they like and collect but when is it excess.

Do you have an excess issue too?

JenniferR771
05-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Sure do! I was going through some of my girly stuff today. My shoe storage is full. Likewise the big file box where I keep my wigs. And the dresses...well 4 garment bags with 3 to 4 dresses in each...plus the two full 30 gallon storage tubs, plus the large shopping bag that is full of about 10 dresses, and...

Andromeda
05-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Excessive would be when it takes over your life to the point that it consumes more of your finances than you can afford or takes over your life in a detrimental way. It is possible that you may have a clothing fetish which may lead to excessive collecting in the future.

Mollyanne
05-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Actually I do!!!!! I buy pantyhose and not one pair at a time either, I usually buy 5 or 6 depending on sale price or if I cn find EXACTLY what I'm looking for on e-Bay. At the present time I have over 30 pair of pantyhose, beige, off black, coffee, and nude. I try to rationalize this by saying that a girl can NEVER have enough hosiery.

Molly

Greenie
05-12-2013, 09:55 AM
My Boyfriend has an impulsive behavior issue too. This is something we have been working on because we really don't have the financial funds to deal with that. I am the financial planner in the house, so when we go shopping (which is almost always together) I am able to put back what I don't need he is getting better at doing the same. The "kid in a candy store" effect happens to lots of people though.

Sharon B.
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes, much prefer to buy something feminine then to shop for my male self. I too have more bra's, panties, pantyhose and all-in-ones then I need, but enjoy buying them.

Julie Denier
05-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I did have an excess issue, but since losing weight and changing sizes, I have become more selective and economical in my purchases.

MissTee
05-12-2013, 11:02 AM
I think so, yes. Shoes, bras, wigs, tunics, skirts, panties, panties, panties.

I used to think of the act as "collecting" and worry about compulsion. However, I noticed restraint in myself in that if I can't afford it I don't do it and I really do not pounce on every eye catching thing. So, it's not out of control. To all that, women are notorious for their shopping habits, and loving to shop and admire pretty things goes with the turf.

I realized some time ago, then, the "experience" of being in a girl frame of mind and purchasing something girly provided fulfillment. I usually needed that when I hadn't had the chance to dress in a while. From an oblique perspective I guess one could say it's a way of getting my girl fix, and if I can find other ways to get that same fix I do.

marlenesexton
05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I have at times an not just for clothing. I've toned it down across the board after we had to travel 22 hours round trip 8 times to clean out my father in law's house. His problem wasn't women's clothing, it was just about everything else though. Really got me to thinking why I need all the stuff I have. If buying stuff was really satisfying, you wouldn't keep doing it, not compulsively anyway. You'd satisfy the urge. I'm in simplify mode now. I'm selling stuff on Craigslist, cleaning out the garage. It's still buy stuff, including pretty clothes, but I think about it more. Do I really need this, will I actually use it, will it bring me joy beyond the excitement of the initial purchase. I wait a few days to let the excitement fade and if I still want it, I get it. Buying ten dollar bras probably isn't a big deal but what always motivates me is the thought of my kids having to go through my stuff when I'm gone. On the other hand, if collecting bras really brings you pleasure, you appreciate them and the history or styles and you care for them, why not?

suzy1
05-12-2013, 11:31 AM
I have three bra’s………..I need help!:sad:

kimdl93
05-12-2013, 11:38 AM
100 bras....yeah I think there's a bit of OCD going on here.

Beverley Sims
05-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I do not have any excesses as you can only wear one item of any type of clothing at a time.
About twenty pairs of panties, mostly different styles, if the best I do.
bras, about ten, I have rationalised in this department.