PDA

View Full Version : rita's vacation

rita63
05-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I booked my accommodation and train fare for 4 nights in the big smoke (Toronto) to attend Pride this year. From the trans gathering on Fri to the parade on Sun I will be rita 24/7 and my mind is boggled. I need to get some shoes and new tops and another pair of jeans, and maybe a bathing suit and go out to Hannlans Point and get some tan lines. I should get my hair done, never done that, get some shoes and save money to go shopping and....
I know some other girls from my group here are going and I may make some new friends or meet some of the folks from here.
Holy sh** I'm actually doing it.:)

hugs rita

NEWEXPERIENCES76
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Way to go Rita! I really respect the fact that you are going. One day I would really like to do the same. It sounds like you have some fun times ahead. Live it up!

ErinP
05-11-2013, 11:30 PM
You are going to have a great time! I love Toronto and its been ages since I've been.

Be safe!

I Am Paula
05-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Is this your first Toronto pride? I go every year. A few pointers I've learned- watch the parade from te start line of Church and Bloor. When the parade has passed you can rush down Church for a good spot in a bar or cafe. They fill up FAST. July 1 weekend is hot. Pass on the body shaper, hips etc. Wear forms, and panties, and a t-shirt dress. Comfy shoes. It is not a fashion show. 3.5 million people packed together raise the temp. even higher. Along the parade route you will also get wet. Water guns everywhere.
Hope you have the time of your life. Saturday night is my favorite, cause it's more locals than tourists. The party goes very late. On sat. night you can dress to impress.
T.O. pride is one of the safest large events in the world. There has never been a major incident, but the pickpockets do come out, so take care.
Did I tell you how hot it gets? Being uncomfortable sucks, passing out is worse. Enjoy.

Juliea661
05-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Wow, i'm envious as heck Rita.... So happy for you!!!!
Hugs, Jules

Beverley Sims
05-12-2013, 02:20 PM
All I can say Rita is enjoy the moment....
It will pass all too quickly.

rita63
05-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the confidence builders girls
Erin I hope to visit Chicago some day soon. I drove through it 40 years ago on my way to waukesha (sp) love to see the art and architecture (no not just FLW).
Celeste I lived in Toronto many years ago and it was hot then too but no Pride parade then. Thanks for the tips on the parade. I will be arriving Thus and leaving Mon. my 1st real vacation in a few years .

hugs rita

ErinP
05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Art, architecture and pizza. My figure knows the pizza all too well. And though I'm a fan of FLW, we have many other fine architectural sights to see. Take one of the river tours.