PDA

View Full Version : Mothers

Paula_56
05-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Since it is Mothers day, I thought I'd share a memory of my own Mom and how she helped me deal with the issue of being TG.

I left some of her clothes out one day and she questioned me about it. I played dumb and pretended not to know. She told me that her things were private and to leave them a lone. Nothing else was ever said. But soon after she began to store shoes, dresses and lingerie in a spare room closet. Throughout the years these clothes became mine and I enjoyed dressing in them.

I regret never opening up to my Mom about myself, I'm sure she knew.

Does anyone else want to share.

Jaylyn
05-12-2013, 08:27 AM
As much as I love mom, 88 now , she could be the one that caused my desires to be a CD. She dressed me in frilly dresses and even bought me a doll to play with. There was strife between Dad and her over this. Mom would then dress me and even painted my small nails and toes at a preschool age behind my Dads back. I somehow started enjoying the attention she was giving me. She breast fed me way to long also. I feel this is why I love big breast, thus my XL breast forms. Deep down I was enjoying an external physical stimulus of being a girl, and at the same time dad had me playing ball, fishing with him, and being a little man. What great mixed emotions I was getting coming from both sides. Because mom had to hide her side from dad may be why I stayed suppressed with the urges to dress till I turned 60. Thanks mom for teaching me to get in touch with a feminine side of me. May you have a great day. Wow am I totally screwed up or what.... Lol

Angela Campbell
05-12-2013, 08:31 AM
I am taking my Mother to dinner today. My kids and I are all she has. I fear she will be devastated when I finally tell her all about me. She may have had suspicions but I kind of doubt it. I have been very good at covering this all up. I will tell her someday but not today. I want her to be happy today.

bridget thronton
05-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I miss my mom most on family holidays. Would love to be making breakfast for her or taking her out to brunch today. (15 years since she passed away)

Tara D. Rose
05-12-2013, 11:24 AM
My Mother passed away sadly five years ago. I still miss her so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. And sometimes late at night still, I will breakdown and still cry for her as though it was yesterday that she left. I oftentimes reminisce of all the things she did for all of us. I tear up right now as I type this while thinking of her. Happy Mother's day mama.

Aly Cat
05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
My mother and grandmother are coming over tonight for dinner. My wife and I are grilling steaks for everyone. My kids and I made a nice breakfast for my wife this morning. My youngest (6) scrambled eggs and added all the vanilla and cinnamon and milk in, my oldest (9) cut up fruit which we then pureed and warmed up for syrup. Then used the eggs to make french toast. I cooked the bacon and we all dug in. Soo good. I am happy to have so many mothers around. Mother of my children, my mother, and my mothers mother. Its a blessing for sure. My grandmother is here visiting. We only get to see her maybe once a year or every other year. I am enjoying this while I can.

Beverley Sims
05-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Paula, I wager that is not the only secret you would have liked to share with your Mom.
I have many regrets because my mother died when I was fourteen.
Fourteen year olds do not have a great affinity with their mothers at that age.

Eryn
05-12-2013, 01:20 PM
My mom is no longer with us. Other than the normal opportunities afforded by having a female in the house she never aided or abetted my CDing, which came to the fore after she had passed on. In some ways this is a relief to me since it probably would not have been a positive experience for her to learn of Eryn. She would likely have been accepting and supportive as this was her way, but for her it would have been a net loss.

Mothers are remarkable. As much as I enjoy the feminine insights that my dressing has given me I couldn't imagine exerting the effort that motherhood entails. I am so grateful that my spouse has been a wonderful mother to my daughters, and the wonderful way that they turned out is a testament to her skill at mothering.

Jackie7
05-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Like many of us I began dressing in my mother's things, and many years later learned that my younger brother had done the same. She must have known though she never said anything,to either of us.

I've been some degree of CD ever since, though I did not fee free to come out until after my mom had passed away. I guess I was afraid that she would be disappointed in me, her disappointment was the worst.

dawnmarrie1961
05-12-2013, 01:42 PM
My mom is a strong willed German woman. The kind you don't want to mess with. When I told her years ago about my cross dressing as a child she said "That's impossible. You never did that!" She must have forgotten all the times she caught me wearing my sister's clothes. I told her how secretive and ashamed I was about it. But to this day she will swear I never did those things.
I told her that "I don't blame her for the way I am." She was afraid because of how dominant a person she is that it was all her fault.
"Good mothers are supposed to know everything about their children." She said.
I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and assured her that she is indeed a "Good Mother."

Danielle_cder
05-12-2013, 06:10 PM
good thread;) happy mothers day to all! yep my mom knew was super cool...still is

AmyGaleRT
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I just took the plunge and told my mother, when I talked to her today. She has a very open-minded viewpoint, as I figured from what happened when my brother told her he was gay, and I figured she'd treat me the same way. She did! She was very pleased that I used the names she would have given me, and that she actually does have a "daughter" of sorts after all this time. I sent her the photos I posted from my "Day of Beauty" thread; I hope she'll like them. She believes that, if I'm happy, that's all that really matters. And I am happy; I've been much happier since I spilled the secret and told my fiancee. :)

- Amy

Lorileah
05-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I just took the plunge and told my mother, when I talked to her today I told my mom a month ago (long story...it is posted in Loved Ones). Double reveal "Hey mom I had a boyfriend and I am dressing like a woman almost all the time now" She didn't flinch :)
She has a very open-minded viewpoint, as I figured from what happened when my brother told her he was gay, and I figured she'd treat me the same way. She did! Ok this is strange, I have the exact same story...are you my sister??
She was very pleased that I used the names she would have given me, wow...now it is getting really strange :) I took MY name long before I knew she had written it in my baby book.

Last week she sent me two skirts and a top she wasn't wearing anymore. I never wore her clothing growing up so I guess I needed to do that now to fulfill requirement 73.2 in the TG handbook. Not quite the same since I don't have to put them back in the drawer inside out.

AmyGaleRT
05-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Wow, Lori! What coincidences! :D

My mother mentioned that my brother was in tears when he outed himself to her, as he was afraid she wouldn't love him anymore. She assured him that was nonsense. Because I now knew that, I had a much easier time telling her. (Incidentally, Sabrina came in while I was on the phone with my mother, and she asked, "Did you tell her?" When I said I had, she said, "About f***ing time!" Her no-BS attitude really has a way of cutting through things. :))

Unfortunately, I didn't guess "my" femme name before I found out from her. In an earlier conversation, she revealed she'd always wanted to use the names "Amy Gale" for a daughter. Up till then, I'd been using the femme name "Jaymie," but, when I heard that from her, it felt right for me to accept those names and give them the home they'd long deserved. The female part of my soul had finally found her true name.

Unfortunately, none of her clothes would fit me any longer. Perhaps she could send some jewelry instead? Or some Opium perfume...that was my grandmother's favorite scent, the grandmother from whom my last name comes from. (My mother also said that my grandmother would probably have understood, though I didn't think so.)

- Amy

Rogina B
05-13-2013, 04:31 AM
Starting around age six,my mother helped and encouraged me to explore my enjoyment of wearing girl clothes.My sister was 4 yrs older so it seems like Mom was always putting a few things in my dresser as i grew..In my 20's I remember her and my girlfriend at the time discussing my love of wearing girl clothes. She was completely open minded and I get that from her and have passed that down to my 11 yr old daughter.