PDA

View Full Version : Matching your SO?

Greenie
05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how many of you liked to match your SO? I was thinking about how cute and sexy it was that shibumi and his wife like to wear matching heels and it got me thinking about matching something with my SO.

We painted our toenails to match yesterday, and I want to buy us matching lingerie (http://www.yandy.com/Pink-Dot-Garter-Slip-And-Thong.php) as a surprise!? Is that a good idea?

I know a lot of you don't have supportive enough SO's who would like to match you (Sorry.) But if you did would you? Would it be something you would consider just fun or maybe a turn on?

Share with me. :) Lets chat. :)

kimdl93
05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
It's fun but not often possible. Some colors and styles that look great on my wife, simply can't work for my coloring and body shape. Even when we do match, the differences in our appearance make our outfits look decidedly different.

~Joanne~
05-12-2013, 11:39 AM
My So and I have far different tastes in clothing, so while I think it would be a lot of fun, she may not but then again I have never asked her about it. I would probably start with matching heels, hose, and a pretty dress first then move to the lingerie if she likes the matching thing ;)

DawnD
05-12-2013, 11:43 AM
My SO have gone out with very similar outfits, but they didn't match perfectly. Matching skirts and similar tops were as far as we can go because of our body differences. Although, if I found something that was matchy, I would love it. Unfortunately, lingerie is not an option for us because I am much larger than my SO. That would be awesome.

Beverley Sims
05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Greenie, some SO's are not that interested in matching, also tastes are very different and not always suitable for matching items.

Greenie
05-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Greenie, some SO's are not that interested in matching, also tastes are very different and not always suitable for matching items.

He likes the idea of matching. But I wear a women's extra large and he wears a medium. I have curves for days and he barely has a booty. Lol. So styles might be hard. I have also been told I dress like a kindergarten teacher. So we might have a harder time ahead of us with matching "Clothes" for the real world so I was thinking lingerie might be easier?

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-12-2013, 12:55 PM
The closest my wife and I come to matching is when she comes home with a new top and tells me there are more in my size. She's smaller than me. If I like it she'll come home the next day with one or two in the same color she bought. If I see her wearing one I'll slip on the same color for around the house just for fun!

Cheryl

LilSissyStevie
05-12-2013, 01:01 PM
We match more when I'm in drab. Jeans, t-shirt, work boots. We even wear the same underwear...Hanes Her Way...just different colors. When I dress, I like to dress ultra-femme. Costumes, really. I'm a drag queen trapped in a straight man's body. She likes to help me get dressed (and undressed) but I can't even imagine her getting dressed up all girly. She never wears makeup or dresses or lingerie. I'd probably lose all respect for her if she did. LOL!

Eryn
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
How many GGs try to match their clothing with their friend's clothing? Not too many, I would think. GGs really don't want to be seen wearing the same outfit!

My wife and I do not share the same body types so wearing matching clothing and looking good would be quite a challenge. We go more for outfits that compliment each other.

We do have some matching sleepwear and that will be the extent of our efforts in this regard!

mikiSJ
05-12-2013, 01:11 PM
You reminded me of the hetero-couple who would wear matching bumblebee outfits in the SF SOMA district in the '80s.

No, I don't want to "twin" with my wife!

Greenie
05-12-2013, 01:30 PM
You reminded me of the hetero-couple who would wear matching bumblebee outfits in the SF SOMA district in the '80s.

HAHAHAHA. :) That sounds ridiculous. Its interesting to hear from you guys. I think his wanting us to match is a sexual thing maybe then? He likes the idea of matching underwear, hosiery, shoes and lingerie...

His day to day "style" is evolving from what I like since he started by stealing my clothes.

Wildaboutheels
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Back when I was maried, we had matching flannel shirts both from the men's department if I remember correctly. Does that count? Certainly would not qualify as a turn on. What WOULD be a turn on [concerning clothes] would be an equal disposition of how often to remove them to play. THAT would be fun.

I feel certain at least a few others would agree.

Eryn
05-12-2013, 01:34 PM
After posting the above my daughter walked out and we're wearing matching Dr. Who T-shirts. I'm in drab, though so I suppose it doesn't count! :)

Jackie7
05-12-2013, 01:36 PM
My wife and I have a number of matching outfits, it can be a lot of fun to dress alike or in related and complementary ways. We can wear the same size top, but she has real hips and I do not. Sometimes I spot a great twinsies outfit in both our sizes and we buy both. We have matching nurse uniforms, Amish lady dresses, office girl secretary dresses, summer sun dresses, little black dresses, and a few peignoir sets. We don't always dress to match, but it is a fun way to attend a party.
--Jackie

Beverley Sims
05-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Greenie, my wife and I did have a couple of matching nighties.
They were black with a red lining.
We did have fun with those.
I agree that something for the boudoir, would be better than matching street clothes.

Ina Girdle
05-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, I think that you suggesting to find matching undies would be amazing for your husband!! Go for it I am sure he would love it.
Good luck!
Ina

Lainie
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Dozens, or maybe a hundred, times I have seen tourist couples all over America & Europe dressed alike--both in shorts or maybe jeans & polo shirts or T-shirts, in matching colors, usually very bright colors. My questions have been--do they do it in purpose in case they get separated & have to ask for help finding each other? Does he even know? Maybe she shops & packs for both, then puts on whatever he did for that day. On the other hand, my wife & I shop separately, but we often discover after dressing in separate closets that we are wearing matching colors. Sharing a groove!

Alison1842
05-12-2013, 04:59 PM
We tried the matching thing, but it just did not work, were better being our selves. That said My SO will often buy a pair of things so we have one each, but generally in a diffrent colour - pattern.

AmyGaleRT
05-12-2013, 05:06 PM
My fiancee Sabrina and I do have one dress that's the same: the HolyClothing Tamara dress, which I wore in my "Pretty in Pink" photo set. Hers is bright red, though. If we wore them at the same time, we'd at least match styles!

Yesterday she did pick a sweater color that matched my dress, though she wore a black skirt with it.

- Amy

Danielle_cder
05-12-2013, 05:13 PM
my wife n i both love CK thongs, have quite a few matching ones which do get mixed up time to time, easily fixed tho she is a med as i am a large;)

Jessica Who
05-12-2013, 05:20 PM
It's not something my wife and I have ever done, though we do share jewelry and occassionally an item of clothing. I suppose it would be something fun to try someday though :)

stephNE
05-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Yes, I think it is a great idea. For Valentines day I bought matching bras and panties (leopard print by Maidenform) and wrapped them up in one box and gave them to my wife. She immediately knew they were her size and mine! We had a lot of fun around the house and then going out together!

Jaylyn
05-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Liz n I match our nail and toe polish sometimes, and both of us love the darker red lipstick. Sometimes we will wear same colored under clothing we have some matching bras and panties but that about as far as we go... I am 6'2" and she is 5'4" so can't really wear too many clothes the same.

Leslie Langford
05-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Not a problem in our household, Greenie. I was "forbidden" years ago by my wife to buy her any items of female clothing for special occasions such as Christmas, birthdays, Mother's Day etc. when she somehow became convinced that whatever I was buying for her, I was also buying for myself in my size, and in her mind, that was just downright "creepy".

Not true at all, but at the end of the day, it was her loss, not mine. Before that "dictum" came down, she was frequently complimented by other women when wearing articles of clothing that I had bought her, often being told how good they looked on her and being admired for "her" taste and ability to put such fashionable outfits together. Nowadays, when I go shopping for "Leslie", I often see something that would look particularly fetching on my wife even though it is not my own personal style, but alas! - it is not to be any longer.

On the plus side though, this leaves "Leslie" more money to spend on herself, so sometimes a cloud does have a silver lining...;)

Sheila11
05-12-2013, 08:33 PM
The only thing my wife and I ever got that was matching was some velour track suits back in the 80's. Fortunately I don't think there are any pictures.

Allison Chaynes
05-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I think it's a great idea Greenie. My wife bought us both matching sleeveless tops at Old Navy a couple years ago. We have done matching lingerie before. In fact, we picked out some matching panties for both of us at Lane Bryant last year. Over the winter we did the matching toenail thing too.

Greenie
05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I think it's a great idea Greenie. My wife bought us both matching sleeveless tops at Old Navy a couple years ago. We have done matching lingerie before. In fact, we picked out some matching panties for both of us at Lane Bryant last year. Over the winter we did the matching toenail thing too.

Thats cute. :) I asked him about lingerie he is excited. :)

bridget thronton
05-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Several matching nightgowns, some dresses, skirts, and tops (except for night gowns we rarely wear the same outfit on the same dsy - but bargains are often bought in pairs)

Vickie_CDTV
05-13-2013, 04:25 AM
I would have loved to dress in matching outfits with my ex-girlfriend (partially out of a desire to want to emulate her), alas, she thought it was rather weird.

Leighcdmd
05-13-2013, 05:53 AM
My wife and I have matching Vanity Fair Coloratura night gowns in a variety of colors. These are the most comfortable ones that I have ever worn. She likes them too. We often end up wearing the same color on the same night but it is merely coincidental. I get a kick out of it when that happens.

Meg East
05-13-2013, 10:37 AM

True, my wife will change her top if she sees me wearing the same color shirt. Neither one of us would do the twin thing.

Cheryl T
05-13-2013, 10:41 AM
We share clothes all the time, but we never go out "matchy matchy". Just not our thing.

Lorileah
05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
The only time my GF and I ever wore matching anythings were jeans to the last concert she attended. She bought me a pair that was just like her (just twice as large ) because the people we were going to see had on jeans with Fleur de Lis and Iron Crosses on the pockets last time. She thought it would be funny to match them

CD_blue
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
My fiance and I match quite often. We have couple pair of same boots/heels, tops, skirts, and matching nails. It is funny I found pair of boots that I really love, but they were pretty pricey so thought I would save up and get them at some point. Anyhow I showed her them and she loved them too. Now I am saving for two pair haha. But yeah we match quite often and do have very similar taste which helps a lot :)

Greenie
05-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Such a varied array of responses. This just goes to show how everyone really is different! :)

2B Natasha
05-13-2013, 04:48 PM
The wife is always trying to get me matching shirts with hers when we go on vacation. It's a blanket " Mo " from me on that. Otherwise. Her and my styles are just to different. But we are getting there.

Cheers

EllenJo
05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
My wife and I wore matching panties under our work clothes for years until her health changed. We still will match up occasionally when we go out. Matching panties were our little secret that we enjoyed. We never have done the matching clothes thing since our tastes are definately different.
Love
Ellen Jo

Gretchen_To_Be
05-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi, Greenie

First off, thanks so much for flattering me by starting a thread based on my experiences with my wife!

I've read through the responses and they really do vary widely. I can understand how CDs who are brave enough to go out in public would shy away from dressing like their spouses...that seems very tacky to me as well. But it will be years and years before I go out, so it is not an issue!

For me, the whole concept is that I idealize my wife as a perfect woman, as sappy and lame as that sounds. If I could really look like a woman, I would choose to look like her. My lame attempts to replicate her from the waist down fail miserably, but the attempt is exciting for me. The illusion obviously breaks down from the waist up because I am built like a football player. One day, maybe, when I lose some weight, a fantasy would be to dress and be made up identically in every way. But who's kidding who? While stimulating I am deluding myself. A dream is for her and I to dress together in the very same outfit, and apply our makeup, hose, dresses, heels jewelry, etc, simultaneously.

For me, it's the little things. Undressing with the exact same shade and style of pantyhose. She wears them openly while I wear them in secret..that's intriguing. For some reason panties never did anything for me; I don't own a single pair. But when she wear heels in public, and I have the identical pair at home, that's a powerful stimulus. We do have matching silk dressing gowns, which is nice.

If I read correctly, you are curvy while your SO is skinny. You guys can probably match a lot easier than my wife and I. While I am blessed with relatively smaller feet for a guy, size 10, and we can find matching heels relatively easy, it will be nearly impossible for us to ever find matching dresses or outfits. I weigh 230 and am 5'11", she weighs 125 at 5'6". I'm not sure I can lost 75-100 lbs or shrink 5" anytime soon! How different are your sizes?

Thanks again for your kind posts and let me know how it goes.

Shibumi

Joanne f
05-14-2013, 06:25 AM
My wife quite often says to me that we should have matching clothes sometimes , especially skirts the problem is that she is quite a bit younger than me so what suits her does not really suit me so it has not happened yet but I think that we have seen a long one that we both like so it just might happen soon and as far as underwear , yes when the style is right for both of us , we borrow each others make up but with different completions are inclined to go for different colours .

linda allen
05-14-2013, 07:09 AM
How many GGs try to match their clothing with their friend's clothing? Not too many, I would think. GGs really don't want to be seen wearing the same outfit!

I was going to make that point but you beat me to it.

My wife and I have a few blouses and skirts that are the same but there's no effort made to "match" on a given day. We sometimes end up in matching bras and panties, but again it's not intentional.

CynthiaD
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
My wife once had this really nice outfit that I loved. I mentioned to her that I'd like to get one just like it, and she told me if I did she would put hers away and never wear it again. So I didn't.

reb.femme
05-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Absolutely no on this one from my wife's perspective.

She will change clothes if I was to wear a colour she was wearing. i.e. Last week I had on a purple jumper, she appeared with purple shrug. 20 secs later, white shrug. She says we look like twins if we match. :heehee:

So a big NO NO in our house!

Rebecca

Greenie
05-14-2013, 02:55 PM
How different are your sizes?

He is 5'11 and about 160 pounds. So he is a thin guy. I am 5'1 lol. and lets just say more than 160. lol. But he wears a women's size 8 and I am a size 14. lol. I more often than not get jealous because clothes in his size are so much cuter than in mine. But luckily lingerie is often built for women with curves. :) I bought us something should be coming in the mail this week. We will see if its fun... Or a failure. :)

Rogina B
05-14-2013, 09:44 PM
My wife and I matched today,without thinking about it.We both had on white and black dresses with similar patterns.The lady that cashed us out at our local grocery store asked "where are you two headed in matching dresses and you both look great!" Normally the matching wouldn't happen but we both love this Spring's colors,so who knows? lol

Pixie
05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi Greenie, my SO and I have matching strappy red sandals, but clothes are harder. He is 6' 4" and I'm 4' 10" we do like similar colors, but matching styles are more tricky. I gave him all of his panties because he liked mine so well. Matching lingerie sounds like fun! Good luck!

Amanda Katharine
05-15-2013, 07:13 PM
My wife and I have worn matching hose and nighties before. Sometimes the colors match and sometimes not but they are the exact same style in both cases. I found a few of her dresses that I can now wear which she was fine with as long as I didn't stretch them since I'm about 6 inches taller than she is.

Greenie
05-15-2013, 07:40 PM
So I bought us the lingerie I linked to in the first post. It came in the mail today. We each tried ours on. It was really fun. :) It was cheap lingerie since this was an experiment so they are kinda thin and not the best quality. But fun. :)

Mark/Rebecca
05-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Greenie, you are adorable. and (s)he is very lucky!