05-13-2013, 04:58 PM
yea

i got a new job at the home depot
here in bellevue...and i'm on nights
wen-sun grave yard so my transition
should go fairly unnoticed :) also i asked my
boss if i could cross train into paint department
and frontend cashiering so i can slip right into
a more feminine job with out actually looking for a new job.
:D:devil::daydreaming:

kimdl93
05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
have you given your new employer a "heads up"? If you're looking to do this under the radar, it might not be so well received. Maybe the first step should be checking on Home Depot's personnel policies. If you're going to need this job for a while, make sure you're passed the probationary period before starting to come out.

Stephanie47
05-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Washington State law protect all gays, lesbians and transgenders in employment. That being said, if a supervisor wants to get rid of someone in a probationary period, it may be difficult to file a suit if there is no overt anti-transgender act. I wouldn't push any transgender issue while in a probationary period.

lucidique
05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
my roommate just started a class action law suit against home depot
because they don't offer insurance for transgendered people and surgery
as you know is vary Expensive even if you have insurance but with out
it would take a vary long time to save up the money for all of the surgeries
so hopefully she wins and the state forces home depot to offer it!!!

RenneB
05-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Remember these four words..... at will no cause.... Unless you're in a union, the employer can dump you for any reason or for no reason.

Stay safe, stay employed...

Renne.....

LauraKCD
05-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Depends on which state you are in - you are correct for many, but there are those that have a right to work law which stops that

linda allen
05-14-2013, 07:24 AM
my roommate just started a class action law suit against home depot
because they don't offer insurance for transgendered people and surgery
as you know is vary Expensive even if you have insurance but with out
it would take a vary long time to save up the money for all of the surgeries

Wouldn't it be easier to find an employer who offers that insurance?

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 07:51 AM
You have started a new job.
Everyone has instructed you in legalise, your friend is taking a class action, Renee gave you these four words to consider, these four words..... at will no cause....

I give you a warning if you want to stay employed.....
Stay cool for a while and.........

DON'T rock the boat.
Am I making it clear to you?

NicoleScott
05-14-2013, 08:08 AM
This all sounds strange. You get a job at Home Depot, and then want a more feminine job. What is a more feminine job? One that requires less physical work?

Transitioning and training in a new department gives "cross-training" a new meaning. haha

Not all insurance plans offer coverage for EVERYTHING. If they did, premiums would make them unaffordable. No such thing as a free lunch. Somebody has to pay, and some people think it should always be somebody else who pays for what I want.

kimdl93
05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I am very supportive of universal health care, but a bit skeptical of the notion of taking a job, then suing the employer for not providing SRS.

calebsmithxd
05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Transitioning and training in a new department gives "cross-training" a new meaning. haha

Good one, Nicole Scott! :heehee:

linda allen
05-15-2013, 07:03 AM
I am very supportive of universal health care, but a bit skeptical of the notion of taking a job, then suing the employer for not providing SRS.

The fear of ending up in court is part of the reason some employers are hesitant to hire minorities, gay and lesbians, even women. Yes there are anti discrimination laws, but it's hard in most cases to prove that you were not hired because of one of the above.

calebsmithxd
05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
The fear of ending up in court is part of the reason some employers are hesitant to hire minorities, gay and lesbians, even women. Yes there are anti discrimination laws, but it's hard in most cases to prove that you were not hired because of one of the above.

It sounds like you are talking about conservative offices. If someone had an issue with hiring minorities, gays, etc. I would rather not work for them in the first place even if I was a straight, white male.

famousunknown
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Right. Good luck with that. My thoughts on this? It ain't gonna happen.