PDA

View Full Version : International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia

xdressed
05-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Anyone doing anything special this Friday for IDAHAT? As much as I'd like to I don't really have the option, but I will probably be dressed for most of the day but not all of the day as I have a university assessment feedback for my final major project in the early afternoon

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Now that you have brought it to my attention I must go and look to see what it is all about.

kimdl93
05-14-2013, 08:24 AM
I wasn't aware of this...I wonder if Houston has any planned events.

xdressed
05-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Seems it isn't as well known as I first though lol

arbon
05-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I've never heard of it.

guess I could make a sign and march down main street a few times, by myself. =0

Lady Slipper
05-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I hadn't heard that, Rhianna. There is a gay pride parade in St. Paul today, probably related to IDAHT, unfortunately I can't attend. :(

xdressed
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
It might be a mostly British thing, I know that there is a big talk on in London by a Psychologist specilizing in gender studies on the prevalence of transphobia among the gay community.

Chickhe
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Apparently it started in Quebec in 2003. I'm not political, but I'll find some small way to contribute.

Tracii G
05-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Never heard of it but they have my support!

dawnmarrie1961
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
A year or so ago I had the pleasure of riding on a float in the "Rainbow Parade" in Omaha Nebraska as part of the church I was going to. At first I was just there to help assemble the float.The next thing I knew I was riding off down main street on pole dancing on the back to the music of Lady GA Ga's "Born this way". It was fun! Anything to raise awareness that being afraid of each other is not the way to live!

Jaylyn
05-14-2013, 12:22 PM
xdressed I have never heard of anything like this but in celebration I may just wear my full in femme all day that day. Lol the small town I live in I'd be the only one carrying a sign and they'd all say yep it appears he taught too many years. The kiddoes finally drove him crazy poor man dont know any better dressing in his wife's clothes. Somebody get the net, catch him, and let's lock him up so he can't hurt himself. Thanks for letting us know. Jaylyn

dawnmarrie1961
05-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Somebody get the net, catch him, and let's lock him up so he can't hurt himself. Thanks for letting us know. Jaylyn
One officer to the other "I think you're gonna need a bigger net?"
His partner smiles and shakes his head " Forget about the net....LET'S PARTY!!" He screams and rushes off into the street to join his brothers and sisters in the parade.

The world will be very surprised when it finds out exactly how many of us there really are ! We are everywhere and everyone in all walks of life and occupations!
We are ONE!

xdressed
05-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Well at least you all know for next year lol ^_^

reb.femme
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Croydon Trans Group and LGBT - Croydon will have stalls this Saturday in Croydon town centre in association with 4 local churches in support.

Rebecca