PDA

View Full Version : What's your strangest "crossdresser's envy"?

Leslie Langford
05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Many of us here have admitted to envying girls and women from a young age onwards for what we perceived as being their traditional gender-based "perks" - i.e. the ability to wear what they chose (and when) without necessarily being forced by society to adhere to certain established male/female dress code strictures, being able to be "tomboys" without fear of criticism or being subjected to strange looks, being given a "free pass" to express their innermost emotions as they saw fit, and being given free rein to use all manner of artificial enhancements (make-up, cosmetic surgery, pretty clothes, sexy lingerie etc.) to improve their attractiveness and appearance, while we are generally consigned to dressing in "drab" in more ways than one.

So - given that - what is your strangest example of the type of "crossdresser's envy" that I have described above?

When I was younger, I not only envied girls and women for the items already mentioned, but also priests and Scotsmen (yes, and Prince Charles as well ;) ) for being able to wear, respectively, dress-like cassocks and kilts while otherwise presenting as men, and without anyone ever batting an eye over that.

Anyone else ever have similar off-the-wall thoughts? :eek: :heehee: :doh: :D

Jaymees22
05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
I would want to be pretty enough to make men melt and make women envious of me. I'm so shallow. Jaymee

STACY B
05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Back in the Day it was stocking an heels ,, I would see a woman in that an I would stare like I was in a trance ,, I always wanted to know why some woman did an some did not ? CRAZY ,,HUH,,,,

Barbra P
05-14-2013, 02:12 PM
It’s quite warm here today (not as HOT as yesterday though) and I’m wearing an above the knee skort and a light cowl-neck print blouse; in male mode I would probably be wearing drab baggy shorts and a T. I love the other things I’m wearing too, makeup, light floral body spray, jewelry (bangles, earrings, and a couple rings), nail polish, strappy sandals, and a wig (short haired bob). I guess one of my envies is a woman’s ability to show off their sexuality – women get to wear clothes that highlight their assets, nice bust, shapely figure, nice legs, etc. There is nothing in a man’s wardrobe that is expressly intended to enhance a man’s sexuality.

I can remember in high school being envious of the girls wearing blouses that were just sheer enough that you could see their bra straps, or make out that they were wearing a lacey slip. They were at that age where their womanly sexuality was beginning to make itself evident, and I so wanted to also be developing breasts and a hourglass figure – fifty some years later and I’m still waiting. What I’d have given to have been able to actually fill out a bra, wear saddle shoes, a full skirt (like a poodle skirt) a semi-sheer blouse, wide belt, pony-tail, and lipstick.

As strange as it might sound, the other thing I feel I missed out on is pregnancy, I would have loved getting pregnant and carrying a baby, not to mention nursing. I was the father of two girls and I was jealous of my Wife while she nursed both of them.

CynthiaD
05-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes, nursing would be mine. My wife nursed all of our four children, and found it quite a chore when they woke her up at 2:00 AM. I would have given anything to be able to help her out with that. It was my job to put the baby back to sleep though, so I helped where I could.

I would also have liked to help out with the mothering. That is, comforting the children when they were hurt or scared, or just sad about something. Many times I have rushed up to a crying child and said "What's wrong? What can I do?" The response was always the same: "Go get Mommy!"

Amy Fakley
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
girls can write / sing pretty songs and nobody ever questions it. It is not a sign of weakness. Nobody ever says to a girl "you must be gay because why else would you be writing such pretty songs about feelings and stuff?" By the same token, if a female artist wants to "go hard" and do some screamy hard-rockin' stuff, then they're just "a badass chick".

there is a range of expression beyond fashion choices that our society places off limits to males (at least here in the 'States, maybe it's different elsewhere in the world). By the same token, that restriction isn't an issue for most people ... I'm just one of the weird ones it doesn't work for.

God, how I have envied that freedom my whole life, though.

good thread :-)

kimdl93
05-14-2013, 04:49 PM
As a child, I didn't have many illusions about what being a woman was really about. My mother was a very hard working farm wife, raising ten kids, feeding farm hands and family, baking, washing, sewing, gardening and when she wasn't busy, doing projects with the church's women's group, or "Ladies Aid" as they used to call it in olden times. She seldom wore make up or jewelry and most of the time she wore a simple sundress around the house.

I would guess it would sound strange that any little boy, observing that fairly Spartan lifestyle, would aspire to help with the cooking, canning and cleaning but I did.

Krista1985
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I went to Catholic School, and the only thing that comes to mind from back then was jealousy that female students got to wear skirts. There was no short pants option for male students, khakis and slacks only, so on the hot days (no AC in our run down building) the ladies had a huge comfort advantage. Not to mention that they looked real cute in those skirts!

Still to this day in my office, a woman can wear a short skirt and have a bit of exposed leg showing, while (again) short pants of any description are completely off limits to male employees. The lesson I've learned from that is, "A woman can show her legs from the knee-cap down and still be regarded as a professional/good student. A male cannot."

Also, I have never been a big fan of popping off my shirt, even when I was in excellent shape. Men in some social situations are expected to go topless. Shirts vs. skins at basketball practice... Swimming in a pool... Doing anything at the beach... Working on the lawn (I suppose it's optional toplessness in this case)... and possibly other scenarios as well. I always felt uncomfortable in these situations, and envied girls because they were not made to go about topless.

Kate Simmons
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
I kind of "lived" that dream every Sunday Leslie as I was an Acolyte (alter boy) in the church who helped the minister during the service. I got to wear a dress, smock and jewelery in front of the whole congregation and no one batted an eyelash. Doesn't get much better than that my friend. ;):)

calebsmithxd
05-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't think there's anything too off the wall about what I envy about women. I just really like the patterns and wider variety of colors and styles available to women.

I went to Catholic School, and the only thing that comes to mind from back then was jealousy that female students got to wear skirts. There was no short pants option for male students, khakis and slacks only, so on the hot days (no AC in our run down building) the ladies had a huge comfort advantage. Not to mention that they looked real cute in those skirts!

Still to this day in my office, a woman can wear a short skirt and have a bit of exposed leg showing, while (again) short pants of any description are completely off limits to male employees. The lesson I've learned from that is, "A woman can show her legs from the knee-cap down and still be regarded as a professional/good student. A male cannot."

Also, I have never been a big fan of popping off my shirt, even when I was in excellent shape. Men in some social situations are expected to go topless. Shirts vs. skins at basketball practice... Swimming in a pool... Doing anything at the beach... Working on the lawn (I suppose it's optional toplessness in this case)... and possibly other scenarios as well. I always felt uncomfortable in these situations, and envied girls because they were not made to go about topless.

I've always been happy that I don't have to cover my chest when swimming.

lingerieLiz
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I dated a model who envied men's fabrics while I envied the ability of women to wear bright colors. She talked about the richness of the fabrics men wore.

I have always envied the way women looked and exposed their body from bathing suits to formal gowns. Some of the sexiest looks are a long black pencil shirt and a white blouse just sheer enough to show a beautiful bra underneath. A pretty soft dress with a full skirt that flutters in the wind showing a few inches of pretty lace. AND, a flowing formal strapless gown that shimmers as it glides over your body.

Marcia Blue
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
I envied the girls in school, sitting in study hall, touching up their makeup. Wearing skirts and soft looking blouses.

I always wanted to trade places, just once.

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 09:16 PM
When I was seventeen I envied the girls hockey team uniform......
A week later I was wearing one and playing in the team, as a girl.
The other team never found out.
The team I played for lost.

busker
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
There is nothing in a man’s wardrobe that is expressly intended to enhance a man’s sexuality.

I suppose we could hope for a renewed interest in the codpiece. The renaissance gals probably got a big bang out of it. I do think that a well dressed man expresses his sexuality that way, not by baring his chest, but in the way he covers it. It is his wardrobe. think about all the guys voted "sexiest man alive" by women and look at the way they dress--very classy. Cary Grant, Sean Connery, Fred Astaire, etc. The sexiest guy wasn't always the best looking guy by any means.. sadly, today, most males dress atrociously, when they do dress.

Gretchen_To_Be
05-14-2013, 10:59 PM
When I was in the military there were occasions where we would change from fatigues to dress uniforms, but they were infrequent. There was one school I attended where we wore "Class B" uniforms every day, which is like the full dress uniform without the jacket. There were many female students, and their "Class B" could be trousers or a skirt, with black pumps. The heel height was individual discretion, up to a max of 3", but I think some of the gals pushed this. One in particular wore 4", I was sure of it as only a crosdresser would be. And her skirt seemed to be more tailored, so that it looked more like a pencil skirt than the normal uniform skirt. She was well endowed but further enhanced her assets with a push-up bra, so the uniform shirt looked painted on her. And I swear she wore a better brand of pantyhose than the other female Soldiers, much more sheer (again the CD eye). All in all, the uniform looked completely different--rather sexed up--on her than any other female, but it was just subtle enough for her to get away with it. She was amazingly beautiful, and my strong envy--maybe not so strange--was to be able to wear her uniform.

Nicola2876
05-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Quite simple in that clothes designed for women are much nicer than those for men. More variety and more fun. Ok, not that strange I admit. I suppose for me it was always tights/pantyhose. From my earliest memories I always wanted to wear them. They fascinate me. I'm wearing them now and would everyday given the chance

linda allen
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
What's your strangest "crossdresser's envy"?

My wife's ability to have multiple orgasms.

Well, you asked! :heehee:

Connie D50
05-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Leslie
Crossdresser's envy I have it real bad right now not sure why, I look at every movie star or model in a mag. and wish I was her young or old in shape or not. All I think of is all the great cloths I could pick from the heads I could turn.
Connie

yamicd
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
" Some of the sexiest looks are a long black pencil shirt and a white blouse just sheer enough to show a beautiful bra underneath. A pretty soft dress with a full skirt that flutters in the wind showing a few inches of pretty lace. "

It is nice to see that others also love this look. Ever since I was 12 or so this very thing had me secretly wishing I was able to look and feel just like the woman who wore these soft, sexy items. As I grew older I continued sneaking glances of the woman I saw in everyday life, I took note of how the blouses would drape over their bras or slips and would steal glances of the lace hem of a slip whenever I could. Teachers, office ladies, woman out shopping, even the models in catalogs I always loved how woman could look so feminine. Sadly today woman just don't seem to take as much pride in dressing ladylike as they once did.

Dianne

noeleena
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi,

I never envied the other girls at school or church meeting or any where for that matter, because i knew what i was, i sort of wondered why Mum did not dress me like others though in fact she did from birth till cant answer till when, no memory. it was a photo of myself in a lovely cream dress all hand knited. just lovely.

Again i was dressed 1958 -59 for a church end of year do & Mum was there, the whole works, to do a mime, 5 of us,

Clothes really had no interest for me even though i hated boys clothes . though i should have had our clan colours tartan as a Scot, i would well should have worn
Now that would have been great. would have solved my pants issue's, bloody longs hated them ...... its not a issue now of cause.

im well over that issue,

I was in the Millitary Navy so was dressed in uniform & i loved that, so the next would have been the lovely dress wear that our women wore that would have been neat . i still may get one so there you are,

For myself could i pull it off & look right, that would be my disapointment if i looked wrong.yes thats what would get to myself, maybe im a bit scared to try.

...noeleena...

Karren H
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
When I was younger, I not only envied girls and women for the items already mentioned, but also priests and Scotsmen (yes, and Prince Charles as well ;) ) for being able to wear, respectively, dress-like cassocks and kilts while otherwise presenting as men, and without anyone ever batting an eye over that.

Anyone else ever have similar off-the-wall thoughts? :eek: :heehee: :doh: :D

Funny but I was an alter boy in the Episcopal church for years just so I could wear a dress every weekend! lol

linda allen
05-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Funny but I was an alter boy in the Episcopal church for years just so I could wear a dress every weekend! lol

"Alter boy" ? A slip of the tongue (fingers), perhaps ?

Sitting here in a wig, forms, padded panties, skirt and blouse, I guess I am an "alter boy" as well. Maybe an "altered boy"! :heehee:

kimdl93
05-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Lutherans didn't have alter boys...guess I missed out on the upside I can to such religious rituals!

Briana90802
05-15-2013, 09:14 AM
As a teen I was a lifeguard, I had to sit and watch girls all day long and I remember wanting breasts so badly so that when I wore a bathing suit it would fit properly. *sigh*

Stephanie47
05-15-2013, 09:23 AM
When I was a teenager messing with my mother's slips and shapewear there was two 'ladies' stores in the neighborhood. There was mannequins in the window adorned in undergarments. I wished I could get the nerve to buy and wear some of them, especially a white all in one body briefer. Still to this day I love seeing old advertisements from magazines of the day of women wearing slips and shapewear.

Leslie Langford
05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
My wife's ability to have multiple orgasms.

Well, you asked! :heehee:

Ewww...TMI! :eek: :heehee: :doh:

I will say this, though - when it comes to doing "the deed", it is generally the men who have to do the "heavy lifting", so to speak. Stripped to its bare essentials (no pun intended - LOL!), all the woman really has to do is to show up. ;) :heehee:

More grounds for envy...:daydreaming:

Jenniferathome
05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Many of us here have admitted to envying girls and women from a young age onwards for what we perceived as being their traditional gender-based "perks" - i.e. the ability to wear what they chose (and when) ...., being able to be "tomboys" ...., being given a "free pass" to express their innermost emotions ...., and being given free rein to use all manner of artificial enhancements (make-up, cosmetic surgery, pretty clothes, sexy lingerie etc.) to improve their attractiveness and appearance, ....

I do not think any of this fits me. I started very young but I was not envious, rather, I just liked the clothes. When I was a boy, I never thought about what the girls were wearing. And as for expressing feelings, I'm a dude and happy to be that way. I never understood the crying and still don't. And as for "enhancing" I really like the fact that as a guy, I like doing very little enhancing (no one but my wife is looking anyway). 10 minutes for a shower, shave and dressing and ready for dinner! Now, when in female mode, I like the enhancing. I like the change I can make. These days, when I see a pretty woman in a great dress, I think, "that woman is very pretty. I wonder how I would look in that dress? Probably not nearly as good as her." I am not envious because I CAN do something about it. I can buy that dress. I can ask my wife how I look in it.

So maybe that is food for thought on another thread. Are cross dressers who are out to their spouse, less envious?

CynthiaD
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
There is nothing in a man's wardrobe that is expressly intended to enhance a man's sexuality.

I disagree. You have to understand what makes a man sexually attractive to women. Except in rare cases, showing off skin and emphasizing body parts won't do it. One of the sexiest things you can wear as a man is a three piece suit. Things that make you look powerful, in control, or tough and rugged are all sexy. There is a lot of male clothing that is designed to do just that. I wear a fedora most of the time when I'm in male mode, and women always look.

outhiking
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
I have always envied the general innocence of women. They may not see it, but thier lives do not contain near the lust for sex and power that affects most men. My wife is still amazed when I tell her that most guys probably think about sex several times a day, an hour if they are teenagers.

UNDERDRESSER
05-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I suppose we could hope for a renewed interest in the codpiece. The renaissance gals probably got a big bang out of it. I do think that a well dressed man expresses his sexuality that way, not by baring his chest, but in the way he covers it. It is his wardrobe. think about all the guys voted "sexiest man alive" by women and look at the way they dress--very classy. Cary Grant, Sean Connery, Fred Astaire, etc. The sexiest guy wasn't always the best looking guy by any means.. sadly, today, most males dress atrociously, when they do dress.I'm not a fan of padded codpieces, I am willing to consider something that looks right, hints, and subtly suggests, but not something that just outright screams "Hey girls! ( or guys ) Get a load of this bad boy!" :D I'm not ashamed of my equipment, and I'm getting to be not shy about showing it, or at least the outline when appropriate ( cycle shorts are a good example, I choose carefully, but it's gonna show, so what the heck ) But i don't think it's something you should go around flaunting in public. Same thing for girls, nicely displaying curves with style, yes, camel toes, no. :raisedeyebrow:
I disagree. You have to understand what makes a man sexually attractive to women. Except in rare cases, showing off skin and emphasizing body parts won't do it. One of the sexiest things you can wear as a man is a three piece suit. Things that make you look powerful, in control, or tough and rugged are all sexy. There is a lot of male clothing that is designed to do just that. I wear a fedora most of the time when I'm in male mode, and women always look.I think most of us understand that, but this standard exists to a large extent because of social conditioning. Some of us want to be more direct about what we are displaying. If it doesn't attract all the women, thats fine, but i am happy if my GF thinks i look good.

And I am guilty about dressing atrociously, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, thats the envy I have, or had, the ability to dress sexy, or at least overtly bodily display ( not crude, but enhance ) I am these days more able to do so, and working on pushing the limits of what is acceptable, and works for my looks, so the envy is subsiding.

julia marie
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't recall being envious of girls when I was young, except maybe the fact that at a club or a dance someone else took the initiative and showed that they wanted them. However, looking back now, I do wish I could have had to freedom to wear the light fabrics, bright colors, etc., my whole life. Even now, consider jeans, with girl jeans being so much lighter in weight than guy jeans. Look at their clothing options and how they can choose the combinations that fit their mood or the weather. I'm jealous of that. Not envious of spending a week a month feeling miserable, but I am amazed how most of them get through that week without being miserable on the outside.

subwrx
05-15-2013, 07:29 PM
As a teenager I envied the cheerleaders. Uniforms, cheers the lot. Rarly a day passes by that I am not envious of the female body.......

Alison Felicia
05-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm envious of women for being able to wear whatever they want. I would love to be able to wear feminine clothes, skirts, etc. in public.

Sabrina133
05-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Initially, I was envious of girls being able to wear pretty clothes. As i grew older, i became envious of how girls changed as they grew up as well - specifically developing breasts.

jacky83
07-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Funny but I was an alter boy in the Episcopal church for years just so I could wear a dress every weekend! lol The trouble is as an acolyte its hard to get matching heels.

ArleneRaquel
07-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Early on I fell in love with female glasses, especially cat's eye frames. My mother first, and many other, frames were in the cat's eye style, as were many of my aunts. My mother & I were fitted for glasses at the same time. When she left a pair lying on her nightstand I would often borrow them and wre them around the house if no one was around, I wouls also borrow her lingerie, garter & hose, usually.

Diversity
07-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I would love to be able to wear lipstick, mascara, eye liner and eye shadow (and look good), so as to complement my classy and stylish see-through white blouse, with matching white embroidered demi bra to show off a reasonable amount of cleavage undern;eath; pairing this with a classic black pencil skirt which goes to mid-calf; underneath is a set of sheer black stockings held up with a black garterbelt,and; fitting into a pair of 6 inch shiny black stilletto heels. Of course, my bright red manicured nails and a wig would be in place to finish the look.
At the end of the evening, it would be great to be 'undressed'..... :)
Di

Jon7
07-16-2013, 11:08 PM
When I was in high school the boys were not allowed to wear shorts even in warmer weather so I envied the girls in that they were able to wear skirts and I had to wait until I got home to put mine on. :daydreaming:

Andrea Rain
07-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Omg...what a great topic, I thought I was alone in feeling envious of females at times throughout life. Well I guess it was actually pretty normal of me, I just didn't know who I was then :)... I still get envy when I see a female looking striking and hot hahaha...

Sandieland
07-17-2013, 12:35 AM
I suppose that since I was pretty much "invisible" to everyone when I was growing up, I thought how nice it would be to have breasts and a cute little figure and have boys follow me around. I also noticed that even some of the plain looking girls still got attention if they dressed just right and were endowed well enough. I would have loved that kind of attention. Now, I know there were lonely and sad girls in school who were just fine looking...but that's not something I noticed. I just wanted to be a cheerleader and have a strong guy lift me up by the crotch and be able to wear short little skirts where I could flash my panties in front of hundreds of fans at a football game...(giggle)

Monique53
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
I was always envious of girls, in my Junior and High School days, wearing their short skirts with their girdle peeking out from beneath it and the welts of their stockings showing( before pantyhose were popular). Most also wore some really sexy shoes, which has always held my fascination.

Monique

mariehart
07-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Well I'm envious of many aspect of being a woman. But my strangest one, I suppose is that I envy the way women can tie their long hair into a pony tail or on top. Yes I know men can do that too. But I can't because my hair is curly and doesn't so much get long as wide!

I also envy the fact that women don't have that annoying thing down there, getting in the way and having a mind of it's own.

BLUE ORCHID
07-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi Leslie, Having breast would be high on my list along with beautiful long hair.

NicoleScott
07-17-2013, 08:24 AM
I can buy clothes, shoes, hair, and makeup, but not a great figure. The best I can do is to use shapewear, including a tightly-laced corset, to give me a waist. I like women and envy crossdressers who have a nice figure.

Emi
07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
One piece swimsuits have always intrigued me. Jealous I cannot wear one today.

Emi

wilt575
07-17-2013, 12:08 PM
The natural lower and upper curves and shape of the female form, to be able to properly fill out the clothing, without artificial enhancements or padding. The body to fit clothing the preferences I have

Erica Marie
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh this is a simple one.
I didnt envy any one particular thing, I envied girls because they were girls and I wasnt.

DebbieL
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Since I'm a transsexual rather than a Cross-Dresser, my answer is a bit broader than most. Until I was 5, I just WAS a girl - with short hair. I remember admiring a girl's tights in first grade, they were black and shiny, like spandex. She even let me feel them. I wondered what it would be like to wear those, or to wear a party dress.

But at the end of first grade, I got my chance to wear tights, and immediately after, lost by ability to play with girls at all.

I longed for the days when we could giggle when we wanted to, could cry if we wanted to. We could cry when we were happy, and cry when we were sad. We didn't have to fight, and since boys couldn't hit girls, if they did hit us, they would end up getting punished, so we didn't have to fight back, but we could if we wanted.

I missed being touched. We could hug, kiss, hold hands, even just sit next to each other, touching, and just be comfortable with each other. I missed being able to color, play with barbie dolls, or even have my own baby doll. I switched to teddy bears, but it was hard not being able to sing it lullaby songs. Fortunately, I had a little baby sister, so I got to sing to her.

There were lots of things I loved to do, that I couldn't share with my friends. I could sew, crochet, knit, and do beadwork, but I couldn't show anybody. I couldn't even wear the things I made because the boys would destroy them and beat me up for being a "sissy".

I learned to cook when I was 6, do laundry when I was 7, and by the time I was 8 I did nearly all the housework. But I still had to mow the lawn with a rusted old push mower (no motor), and help my father trim the hedges.

I wanted to be pretty, having other people fuss over my pretty outfit, telling me how pretty I was.

More than anything, I missed the feeling of total peace and relaxation when I was just being a girl with another girl, helping them do something, or letting them help me do something. I'd get goose bumps all over my body and would be so relaxed I could almost fall asleep, yet I was more alert and aware than usual, experiencing peace and serenity.

Later, when I got older, I appreciated fashion as the fashion changed. The boys were so boring, but the girls would come wearing beautiful dresses, pretty skirts, a variety of stockings and hosiery, and shoes ranging from flat Mary-Janes to boots with little chunk heels. In Junior high, they girls started wearing high heels and panty-hose. The hose made their legs look so shiny and perfect, and the heels made their legs look long and muscular.

Even when girls were finally allowed to wear pants, mostly in the winter time, their pants fit better, looked better, and were softer and smoother. Boys jeans were thick and abrasive, baggy, and just disgustingly ugly. Even cotton shirts were different. The girl's blouses were lighter, thinner, and softer, while the boy's shirts felt like sandpaper soaked in starch. Every morning I would suffer through the process of getting dressed as a boy, wanting to cry, wanting to quit, even wanting to die. I'd suffer through the day. Even at night, I'd put on my thick flannel pajamas wishing I could wear acetate like my sister and my mom wore.

When I'd see a woman who was sexually attractive (to almost everybody), I would often stare, stunned by the experience. I wanted to be like her, to be her. I wanted to be able to wear what she was wearing, wear make-up that made me that beautiful, get my hair cut and styled to be beautiful, and be able to walk gracefully. I actually DID walk like she did, but when I did it, the boys AND the girls made fun of me.

Every attempt to be beautiful, to be pretty, or to do ANYTHING even SLIGHTLY feminine, would be greeted with derision. They would call me "Fairy", "Faggot", "Queer", "Queen", or "Sissy Boy". The names didn't bother me that much. Some of them actually fit. In some cases the literal meaning was accurate. I stayed indoors most of the time, avoiding the sun, so my fair skin made the term "Fairy" accurate. When I grew out my hair, it grew out long and curly, like the members of the band "Queen". Even "Sissy" which I learned was slang for "Sister" was quite accurate, since most girls saw me as a friend, more like a sister than a boyfriend.

Even sex seemed more interesting for women. I liked to read erotic stories more than I liked erotic pictures, and hearing women describe the feelings of clothes, being touched, feeling sexy and beautiful, and having orgasm after orgasm - even that seemed so much better.

The one thing I DIDN'T envy was being pregnant and labor. Giving birth itself didn't seem so bad, and when my son was born, I held him for hours while my wife slept. I even fed him some sugar water until he could nurse. I did the same with my daughter. Both times, that wonderful experience of peace and serenity. Often, as a parent, I would just put my child on my stomach or my chest, and we'd relax. We might watch TV together, or they would sleep while I just laid there.

I am also aware of the hardships of being a woman, of being at the mercy of big strong men who cause terror and fear when they lose their tempers. The discomfort of being REQUIRED to wear a dress on a cold winter day or night. The experience of a boy who doesn't understand the meaning of "No", the fear that comes with being molested by a step-father, or being date-raped, then having nobody believe you. Even the discomfort of the 9th and 10th hour wearing high heels to school, office, or other event. One of the great things about being like a sister, especially an older sister, is that girls would share their lives with me, their feelings, and their pains as well as their joys. I was also lucky enough to have parents who were supportive not only of me, but also of all my friends, male and female, and were more than willing to listen, to support, even to intervene if such was wanted and needed.

I even saw, and experienced the bias in the work-place. When I "passed" as a man, my ideas were heard and usually accepted. When perceived as feminine, many men would ignore me or dismiss my observations, telling me to leave the decisions to the "Real Men". I watched as they treated women even worse. I even remember how so many of the nerds would make really stupid and sexist jokes, even when there were other girls in the room. Many of the girls were tom-boys though, and many could dish it out as well as take it. I felt terrible for the girls who couldn't take it. That might have been one of the reasons I got into theater.

Even things as simple as being able to change in front of each other was something women could do, and do with me, when they considered me "one of the girls". The even figured out that I was checking out their wardrobe, make-up, and accessories, regardless of what their bodies looked like. I could admire a heavy woman in a beautiful outfit - sometimes even MORE than a thin woman in a nice outfit. Perhaps because I appreciated how much courage it took for the heavy woman to take the fashion risk, making me even more determined to give her genuine praise and respect.

Probably more than you were hoping for.

reb.femme
07-17-2013, 02:31 PM
..........When I was younger, I not only envied girls and women for the items already mentioned, but also priests and Scotsmen (yes, and Prince Charles as well ;) ) for being able to wear, respectively, dress-like cassocks and kilts while otherwise presenting as men, and without anyone ever batting an eye over that.

Well Leslie,

They say there is a first time for everything and I can honestly say, that at 53 years old, it's the first time I've seen mention of "Prince Charles" and "clothing envy" in the same article. :devil:

Reb

Brynna M
07-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Its 95 degrees here today and I'm envying women and girls who can wear skirts, sandals, light sleeveless tops etc.

savvy_fudge
07-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Painted nails, both toes and fingers. I love having my nails painted, but work forbids it with guys, plus I change there so I can't even get away with just my toes :(

HelenR2
07-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh, Summer clothes. A warm bright day, a simple Summer frock with pleats or a bit of flare, strappy sandals, bra and knickers, a touch of lippy......... Heaven!

Oddlee
07-21-2013, 02:13 AM
I've never liked the argument that women can wear pants without being cross-dressers, but men can't wear skirts. At the same time, you can watch a commercial where a woman wears her lover's/husband's shirt and it's sexy. Can you picture a commercial where a man wears his wife's lingerie and it's sexy?

Ellie52
07-21-2013, 02:23 AM
I saw a girl in a tie the other day. Was she crossdressing? Anyway maybe in two or three years time ties will be classed as feminine as well so I wont have to wear one anymore... here hoping for the day...Ellie

Wildaboutheels
07-21-2013, 03:03 AM
Not sure if it's envy...

BUT... it would sure be nice IF i could have more females "perk up" and "pay attention" simply because of the way I chose to "present my body" the way ladies can. As in basically, clothing, wiggle and jiggle. Evolution will never allow it though.

prene
07-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Many things:
Love to be able to give birth and breast feed.
Breasts Yes.
I would also love to have a smooth crouch.

GBJoker
07-21-2013, 05:15 AM
My craziest envy is actually rather simple and boring. Skin. Just that. I mean, we all know those 1 in 50+ GGs that some how have perfect skin that barely needs maintainence to look and feel perfect. I've always been extremely jealous of soft smooth skin.