PDA

View Full Version : Where is the nail polish remover....OOPS!

Barbara Ella
05-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Daughter comes over when we have the grandson and she is not busy. He has taken to calling out which nail polish color she wears if she comes over. Today it was yellow, and she showed up in bright yellow. Next is Orange FYI.

She dies not like the yellow for work, so has to remove it before she leaves. She asks wife where nail polish remover is. Wife replies that she does not have any and will have to ask grandpa if he has any nail polish remover downstairs........

Daughter looks at me and says "Have to ask dad where the nail polish remover is? That is kinda creepy!!" I exit to get the remover and let that sink into the room. Come back with it and reply that it makes an excellent glue remover.

Seems like the wife's intellectual support is slowly creeping into her subconscious and everyday behavior. YEA for me! She has seen the open closet downstairs at times, but never said anything, and probably assumes it is the wife's overflow..

Time will tell

Barbara

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 04:02 PM
It also is a good plastic glue, especially if it contains MEK.

Jaymees22
05-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi, Cute story, my wife had to borrow my polish remover too. I guess us girls have to remove our nail polish a lot more often then GGs. Hugs Jaymee

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-14-2013, 06:05 PM
A quart of acetone can be had at at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local hardware store. You'd be surprised how fast I can use it when someone is knocking on the door! Maybe we should have a special competition sport for that?

Cheryl

Rachelakld
05-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Lucky,
My wife and 4 girls do not own nail polish remover.
They do however raid my makeup bag for foundation (luckily to dark for 2 of them), mascara, eyeshadow and whatever else.
When I want to go out, I have to search 5 bedrooms for my stuff.
This week I went out, not realising my makeup remover wipes had gone - something about them needing it more because of pimples

AmyGaleRT
05-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Sabrina has been working with embroidery paints, and she knew that nail-polish remover works well to clean the tips of the embroidery paint pens. She asked, "Do I have any non-acetone nail polish remover?" I went and fetched my bottle from under my sink. Later, she needed something to use the polish remover with to clean the tips, so I gave her a few of my quilted cotton pads.

I later bought her her own bottle...as well as a spare for myself. ;)

- Amy

linda allen
05-15-2013, 06:54 AM
A quart of acetone can be had at at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local hardware store. You'd be surprised how fast I can use it when someone is knocking on the door! Maybe we should have a special competition sport for that?

Cheryl
I used to think that nail polish remover was acetone, but I found out that not all nail ploish remover is acetone. I also found out that the non-acetone nail polish remover doesn't work as well as acetone.

I use only clear nail polish, but I also use acetone as a cleaner and solvent for many projects. Well, it's hell on the nail polish so I have to try to not get it on my hands or else I have to re-do my nails when I'm finished with the project.

I was cleaning some tape residue from a project a couple days ago and poured a bit of acetone into a plastic cup that once had something from a restaurant in it. Within 30 seconds, the acetone ate the bottom out of the cup, leaked the acetone out, and glued what remained of the cup's bottom to my workbench top.

You need to be really careful with nail polish remover around furniture and anything with a finish on it.

Hint: When you open that quart of acetone, instead of prying out that metal plug, take an ice pick or a nail and just punch a hole in it. You usually need just a little and that keeps it from evaporating as quickly and keeps more of it in the can if you knock it over.

kimdl93
05-15-2013, 07:01 AM
I bought a pint bottle of 100% acetone nail polish remover and keep it in the garage, where it is a great solvent, and can be used to replenish the smaller bottle in the bathroom vanity.