PDA

View Full Version : safty tips

slamddoger
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
what safty tips would you pass on to new crossdresser that is going out for the frist time dress as women?

ArleneRaquel
05-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Always be alert to your surroundings. Good Luck & Best Wishes !

Jessica Who
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Stay in well-lit areas, try to bring someone along with you, and always be aware of your surroundings.

kimdl93
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
First time out go in daylight to a busy place, like the grocery or the mall. It's actually easier to blend in with a large crowd and much safer.

Barbra P
05-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Don’t go into areas that a GG wouldn’t go into alone, after all you are presenting as a woman and therefore you are more vulnerable. When you are dressed as a woman you are perceived as being an easier target than a lone male. If at all possible go out with someone else, there is safety in numbers. Mall are generally fairly safe, just remember not to park too far from the entry/exit. If you think you are being followed when you leave someplace get in your car, lock the doors and leave quickly. Always take your cell phone with you so you can call for help if you feel help is needed; in most places the police won’t hassle you just because you are presenting as female.

dawnmarrie1961
05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Don't be angry or disappointed if you get read by a kid you pass on the street. Children pick up on things a lot quicker than adults do. Be honest with them if they ask you "Are you a boy or a girl." Look them straight in the face. Smile and tell them the truth. "I'm a person. Just like you are a person." I know it might seem like you're evading the question. But at least it's not being dishonest to a small child.
If you're going to use the bathroom use the one appropriate for you genetic sex.( I get into so many arguments over this.) You've got no business going in the other one. It's still morally wrong. Unless you are at a bar in a country like Germany,they have a more open minded approach and one bathroom fit all!( Either that or they are simply trying to save money on plumbing.) If you don't feel comfortable using your genetic bathroom use a generic one, a family bathroom.(Just make sure there isn't a family still in there before you lock the door and hike up your skirt.) I use the men's room even though I live full time as a woman. Guys don't scare me. I'd rather duke it out with those knuckle heads than have my eyeballs scratched out in a cat-fight with a 300 lb lady for peeing in the wrong room!
Make-up. Less is more. Ignore the temptation to plaster you face with foundation that doesn't match your skin tone. Unless you are moon lighting as a mime! Work with enhancing what you've got. If you have nice eyes concentrate on them. But not too much. Unless you wanna look like an Egyptian princess!
Voice. You don't really need to over try on changing your voice. It can be a dead give away because it may not appear natural. I like my voice. Why should I have to change that aspect of myself. Speak confidently. It will make people more comfortable around you and help you avoid misunderstandings.
If you are out looking for trouble. You are probably gonna find what you're looking for. Dressed or not dressed that has always been a irrefutable fact of life.

Rachelakld
05-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Go out mornings to public places (ie coffee shop, mall etc). Mornings are less busy, less youths and your dealling mostly with proffessional shop staff who tend to treat you like any other customer.

Sally24
05-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Do NOT go to dark deserted places for your first outings! Of you want dark, go to a movie.

Brittany CD
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Do not go out after dark alone

RenneB
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
So many ideas and suggestions.... it all depends on where you want to go and when. For me it took a bunch of baby steps...for others they get dressed and head on out to a dance club with some friends...

If you're alone...and need to build up courage, I'd go out to a national cemetery. Dress up in your favorite black outfit and walk around the paved areas. No one will ever bother you. As you build up your presentation and courage, you can branch out from there. I prefer being a daywalker, but many of us prefer the night shadows as it's easier to 'hide' in plain sight.

I'm not sure this is much help but if you could be a little more specific where you want to go... just let us know...

Renne.....

STACY B
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Learn How to RUN in Heels !!

I see Pitch Forks an Torches !!! lol,,,,,

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Leave it to Stacy to come up with this stuff! If it were me, I'd follow all the advice given and go out during the day. I might also have a bag with my regular jeans and a T-shirt and sneakers for a quick change as a safety net. Just having that inspires confidence to be out there en femme!

Cheryl

Juliea661
05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Go with a friend, a GG friend preferably. An early evening mid-week chick flick movie would/was my choice. Jules LOVES her chick-flicks for sure!!!!
Lots of other great thoughts listed on this thread!
Hugs, Jules

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Try and go out in the day, but most want to try at night and as has been explained stay in well lit and populated areas.
No lonely back, dark streets.
Try and get a friend to go with you.
Yes, I know that can be difficult.

Sophistic8d_grl
05-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Everyone's tips are worthwhile even for someone more "experienced", but I'd like to expand on some items:

Practice walking in the shoes you plan to be out in if they are heels. What works well on a carpeted floor in the familiar and safe surroundings of your home may be extremely uncomfortable and unsafe (think of breaking an ankle) on smooth/slick flooring or oily/uneven pavement. If you have never driven with heels, take a pair of flats (or sneakers/sandals...whatever) to be safer behind the wheel. In addition to being aware of your surroundings, I would scout the spot beforehand too so you may notice the area without the added stress and excitement of being en femme. A change of clothes is a great idea, as already mentioned (imagine trying to change a flat tire on the roadside in your fineries); I have, on occasion, even taken a backup ensemble in case one was somehow damaged or I simply wished to change. Consider packing some femme things for easy touchups (makeup/toiletries...) just like a woman would (they and their habits are the best sources of all things femme!). Ask questions to people who have visited your chosen venue before. Bear in mind all the things you'd normally consider wherever you go; a dying cell phone or camera battery may cause undue stress/disappointment and detract from your enjoyment of the experience.

Lastly, don't forget to...
..."Smile, everyone...smile! Welcome to Fantasy Island!!!"

linda allen
05-15-2013, 06:42 AM
All good advice so let me add - Dress to blend in. Don't go walking in the park in the daytime in 6" heels and nightclub/hooker makeup.

Scout out the area where you plan to go. Know in advance where there is a restroom you can use. Know in advance what the GGs are wearing. Keep in mind that you may have a problem and have a plan for that.

If you're going in your car, you may want to take along a "boy bag" so you can change if you have car trouble, an accident, etc. And if you're going by car, have your keys handy so you can get back in quickly if necessary. You don't want to be fumbling for your keys in your purse in an emergency.

Jackie7
05-15-2013, 08:58 AM
The best thing you can do is be out with an actual woman. Behave like she does, do what she does, be the way she is.

Even if you are alone, don't worry about the cops or the emergency room, they've seen everything and these days they are trained to ignore what you are wearing. I've been pulled over late at night in several Northeastern states, for routine traffic checks and minor infractions, and have always been treated respectfully, never hassled. Likewise waiters and sales associates, they like your money whether it comes out of a purse or a trouser pocket.

For many years I always followed the boy-bag advice, a drab outfit in the trunk of the car, in case of emergency or whatever. But in 12 years of going out I've never needed it, so now I don't bother. Whatever comes up, I'll deal with en femme. including changing a tire - I wouldn't start by trying to fix it myself, I'll do what women do: call AAA, and while I'm waiting, accept with thanks any roadside assistance that's offered to me. And if I find myself sitting there alone for too long, I'll just hike up my skirt, say goodbye to my stick-on nails, and change the damn tire for myself.

rachael.davis
05-15-2013, 09:08 AM
If you don't have one, get a AAA card, a car breakdown can be a disaster.
Pack makeup & nail remover pads, sweatpants, sneakers, and a hoodie in your trunk, if you have a car issue it's your parachute.
A situation / place that might get a woman harassed or molested is a situation / place that can get you harassed, molested, or beaten to death
Men lie to get sex, honest men lie to get sex - tranny chasers / admirers you met online & are going to meet in person, in a parking lot, at 11PM may very well have lied to you - see the bit about harassed, molested, or beaten to death.

Jenniferathome
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Do NOT go walking late at night and in particular, in an area with no people traffic. If people are around, it is safer. I recommend you go to the mall for your first time.

AllyCDTV
05-15-2013, 03:40 PM
If you don't have one, get a AAA card, a car breakdown can be a disaster.
Pack makeup & nail remover pads, sweatpants, sneakers, and a hoodie in your trunk, if you have a car issue it's your parachute.
A situation / place that might get a woman harassed or molested is a situation / place that can get you harassed, molested, or beaten to death
Men lie to get sex, honest men lie to get sex - tranny chasers / admirers you met online & are going to meet in person, in a parking lot, at 11PM may very well have lied to you - see the bit about harassed, molested, or beaten to death.

Great advise. I would add to that, practice changing into that parachute in your car before you ever go out. If you need to use it, you may be in a panic situation and if you've rehearsed it, it will be much easier for you to pull off if you need to.