PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this?

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm sure many of us may have pent up feelings about our true selves. For myself I could burst. I've come out to a few GG friends with no repercussions. Who here would take the risk of gathering family and friends, and stand before them, and admit how they feel in the gender spectrum, whether it's as a crossdresser or someone who feels the need to transiton and fully live their life as a woman? I would only hope for love and acceptance, and probably a lot of help. :hugs:

Cheryl

STACY B
05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Hell Yea !! When ever there ready Just gather round an let me tell yall all about it ! I'm waiting ???

Angela Campbell
05-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Not me. I think it would cause a bit of an embarrassing situation to some of the people and would not have a good effect as a more personal conversation with individuals or smaller groups who have similar outlooks at life and with respect to the relationship I have with them. But then I am not comfortable in crowds to begin with.

Leah Lynn
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Nope, not my clan. Some would feel obligated to tell me that I'm in need of professional help and the rest would just shun me. None of my family live in the same town as me, and I'll just keep doing my thing until I get caught.

Leah

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm at the point of WGARA? I've got nothing to lose, and no one paying my salary! I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and lay partially comatose thinking I never really lived!

Cheryl

lingerieLiz
05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
All my family knows, but I don't push it on them. Do they approve or understand? Some do and some don't. Same with non family members and neighbors.

Norah_joy
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Timing would be bad since wife and I are planning a party in September to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Norah

AlissaMurray
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it. I'd be unemployeed for sure. There are a few out there who think they know this or that but they don't really know what they think they know. I'm one who has been in several relationships in my life and been lucky enough that for the most part my ex'es have kept Alissa safe. I don't know what Alissa's future will be like but as long as I live in this place, she'll never get out of the house.

Beverley Sims
05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a very brave thing to do as far as I am concerned.

Rachelakld
05-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Family see me dressed often, and give fashion advice. Telling boss would not improve his life any

kimdl93
05-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends itwas done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to theirown understanding and comfort level.

Vickie_CDTV
05-14-2013, 09:42 PM
No me personally, in my situation there would just be nothing gained from doing so.

Jaylyn
05-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Never in my wildest dreams would I come out to my family, my knows and approves but the rest and there are a lot of us would not understand. All my relatives are rednecks with a capital R. I am a house prisoner at least for a while.... Maybe one day it might happen but I won't hold my breath.

Jamie001
05-14-2013, 10:16 PM
No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it. I'd be unemployeed for sure. There are a few out there who think they know this or that but they don't really know what they think they know. I'm one who has been in several relationships in my life and been lucky enough that for the most part my ex'es have kept Alissa safe. I don't know what Alissa's future will be like but as long as I live in this place, she'll never get out of the house.

You would only be unemployed if you came to work crossdressed, but what you do on your own time is your own business.

noeleena
05-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Hi.

Oh dear. if i say anything would you belive me or just say no way.

Not being a dresser or trans , yet...theres a difference,

My Heading,
I told my story of, whats it like being female yet you are different .

my life as a woman. though percived as male. i knew at age 10 what i was & knew at a later date i would live as a woman first i had to grow into one, & getting to that stage i had to go through a lot of issues, & detail. The first one i told was Jos that i have something to say to you , ..i am a woman. ...Oh what did you say,... i am a woman, then all Hell broke loose, & for 8 years, yes it was very hard on Jos, we struggled through that, a bit later on we told Kaylyn , ( Daughter ) now 34. she in turn told our two son's 36 , 37. during some of the time our grandkids of cause now we have 11, with two more more on the way . so our family of 16 all know .

with in the time 'i was interviewed for Closeup & Cambell live our two main T V stations nation wide, plus our papers & then on 287 sites around the world, i had phone calls from two women iv known since 1958 & 1967 . so i was well known by many people over that time, plus all my new friends more so over the last 15 years. so they all know & have accepted i was never a male & a few knew in the 60's & a male friend Jos & i knew who told Jos he knew i was not male,

i have talked to many people in groups i was asked to take & tell of my life, whats it like liveing as a woman whos different.

Acceptance has been great, with very few not accepteing i am female .

Can i say in what ever you do you allso have to play your part in ...being ... accepted, i invited people into my life & told them what i was / am & said how youv seen me & how you will see me will be as a normal woman who happens to be female yet with a twist, im intersexed & i have so many friends yet for some of us it did & does come with a high price tag not just the money side ether an anuuld marrage, one son who has & is still struggling , though Kaylyn has accepted & after her melt down said well we still have a life so will get on with it,

Jos after all of what we went through has accepted i am a woman , we both have became stronger because of what we went through, still does not diminish what took place being intersex does have issues & getting through them can . well is.... bloody hard,

The future for Jos & i we are parted yet still love each other spend time together though Jos needs to be away from me we still get on very well. Jos matyget married again im not sure , for now we spend time with Kaylyn & her 4 kid's with a new bubby on the way. myself im happy by myself unless Jos wonts to come back to ...our... house / home or i need to look after her because of health issue's,
for now things are ticking along quite nicely,

noel to noeleena, for the net.interview's.

noeleena. e. Loch-head.

...noeleena...

xdressed
05-15-2013, 05:55 AM
I wouldn't, not to everyone at once. I came out to my housemates all at once and my band all at once. If and when I come out to my parents I'll probably tell them both at the same time. Everyone else I've told so far its been one on one. Have been lucky enough to have no bad reactions at all but that still doesn't make me want to tell everyone else all at once

donnalee
05-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends itwas done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to theirown understanding and comfort level.
I agree. I think this is a private matter, not only for you, but for them as well, and needs a personal setting. There is a problem with groups of more than 2 people in that they look to each other for cues on how to respond and invariably it is the biggest mouth with the smallest mind that prevails; you are pursung a course doomed to failure.

MysticLady
05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Not me. I think it would cause a bit of an embarrassing situation to some of the people

Exactly, I feel it's not about me, it's about my loved ones.

Nope, not my clan. Some would feel obligated to tell me that I'm in need of professional help and the rest would just shun me.
Leah

That's what would happen too me also:sad:

No way. My family and friends couldn't handle it.

she'll never get out of the house.

I would not put my children in that situation. Too young to understand.

Never say Never,:heehee:

Not in that manner. I have come out to loved ones and friends and a few neighbors. With family and close friends it was done privately and discreetly. I gave each of them room and time to come to their own understanding and comfort level.

Kim. I totally agree and at the same time you would be doing it with class.

In my situation, my wife and children would be in a position that they're not ready for. I consider this a very private matter and have only and will only discuss this with my wife. At this point in time I'm happy so why muddy the waters.:)

Kate Simmons
05-15-2013, 08:08 AM
I would not have the need to do this.I'm wondering what point and purpose it would serve. After all, when a girl becomes a woman she doesn't announce it at a family gathering, it's kind of obvious. In my own case, if members of my family wouldn't "get it" without an announcement, I would figure they were not paying attention or just didn't care.:)

Jenniferathome
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
I would not. As a cross dresser, I feel no gender dysphoria, no confusion, no "woman" wanting to break out. As such, there is nothing that my family can do nor from which they can benefit by hearing that I am a cross dresser. My wife knows and that is both right and sufficient, for me.

CynthiaD
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
No, I wouldn't do that. Courage has nothing to do with it. My crossdressing is important to me, but it isn't important to anyone else. It doesn't change anything about the relationships I have with others. Making a big announcement is like making a confession, and the only time that is appropriate is when you've done something wrong. I just wear what I wear and let others draw whatever conclusions they wish.

DonnaT
05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Only on a need to know basis. My wife, kids, mother and a cousin know.

UNDERDRESSER
05-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Not sure, there will be a a party this month, some of the people in attendance already know i like to wear skirts, depending on who else is there, i might just put one on and walk in.

2B Natasha
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM
No. There is no good reason for it ( at this time ) except to shock them and message my own ego

Antoinette
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't as a group meeting. Just a one on one with each person. Just yesterday I told my mom I'm taking hormones. If course she had the usual questions but it was all good in the end. As long I'm safe and happy she's got no problems

Cheryl T
05-15-2013, 01:35 PM
I would except for how my spouse feels about it. She prefers that friends and family don't find out so I respect her wishes. I have been close to just saying the heck with it and telling everyone a few times. Mostly it's her mom she wants to shield so I'll just wait and someday perhaps I'll be able to come out fully.