PDA

View Full Version : Envy and the out cross dresser

Jenniferathome
05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
In another thread, Leslie asks, "what is your cross dresser envy?" And i posited the following question:

Are cross dressers who are out to their spouse, less envious? Meaning, if your wife or girlfriend knows about you, are you less likely to see women and feel envious about what they are wearing than those who are closeted? My supposition is that yes, because if you are "out" to your spouse, you can take action (buy a dress and wear it) so the envy is low.

Am I right?

Annaliese
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
I think you are right, except when I see a dress, and no I can not afford, but I think that is true for GG and CD alike.

Jessica Who
05-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Yea, I don't envy women like I did as a teenager. If I see a cute style or something I'd like to try, I just make a note and then do it :D

Lorileah
05-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't envy women. But like Jennifer says I can go buy anything or wear anything I want. I amwistful for all the time I lost NOT doing that

Jenniferathome
05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
... I amwistful for all the time I lost NOT doing that

I think that thought will resonate with the entire cross dressing community. BUT.... we can't dwell on the past yet can affect our future.

RADER
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
I like looking at what a cute GG is wearing, the only envy I have is that I am
just to large to wear all those real cute outfits.
Rader

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm completely 100% out to my wife and she supports all that I do. I shop for whatever I want. But I do envy some women and their outfits. I don't think I'm less envious. That's just me!

Cheryl

DonnaT
05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes, I can be quite envious. My wife knowing and accepting doesn't change that.

Too many times do I see something I'd like to wear also, but it doesn't come in my size.

kimdl93
05-15-2013, 12:27 PM
hmmm, certainly less repressed! I still wish I could look 1/4 as good as my wife, but such is life. We makes the most of what we have.

Greenie
05-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I like looking at what a cute GG is wearing, the only envy I have is that I am
just to large to wear all those real cute outfits.
Rader

Lol. I do that to. But I am a GG. :)

Beverley Sims
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
In the other post, I replied about being envious of girls hockey uniforms.
Then I was dressing less than one day in seven.
Oh to wear something creative.
Now days I can be creative any time I want...
There is little envy now.
If anything envy has turned to....

"I like that, I must get one for myself."

Emogene
05-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Actually, being out to my wife, has both more envy and less envy! While I can and do dress how and where I please with my wife's blessing (less envy) I do notice that I've changed what I notice at times. Use to notice the "tush" now I am just as likely to notice the jeans, or skirt, or boots and make approving fashion comment to my wife! :) You know, like "I want, I want, I need!"

Yes, my head is a bit confused at times!

And yes, eat your hearts out! I am sitting here fully dressed and loving every second of it!

UNDERDRESSER
05-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Somewhat, I like hanging out with my GF in a skirt, and I will be wearing them outside as well. Long term goal is to be allowed to wear one at work, I'm almost certain I will get to wear a hiking kilt.

2B Natasha
05-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Not so much envy. More like frustration.

While I am " Out " to my wife. And I CAN buy what I want for the most part. I still feel a sense of frustration. In the fact that there are just to dang many items I would like to have. Take for example today. I went into Nordstrom rack and found 6 pairs of shoes I wanted. But spending $350 on shoes is not in the budget. Luckily I don't wear a size down or it would have been 20 pairs!

So. Not envy.

I also think anybody can wear anything. Make it tasteful of course. But there is very little a stick figure can wear that I can't. That goes mostest women also. A women of any size or shape can look amazing if the want same is true for not looking good.

So. No. I don't envy.

Cheryl T
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Nope...not me! I'm still envious of a woman who looks a certain way, can carry off a look I wish I could and so on. I suppose I always will have a touch of green in me...lol.

krisinpink
05-15-2013, 04:27 PM
As I 'emerge' more and more, I'm finding that level of envy is falling. Like all of us, and like most GGs, there are always cute outfits etc that are not age appropriate, or simply wouldn't fit, but that sort of 'envy' is not limited to CDs.

My recently-passed SO was very supportive, and her attitude has helped me a great deal in embracing this side of me. As I do this more, go out more, etc, I find my level of what may be 'evny' dropping.

TeresaCD
05-15-2013, 04:48 PM
I guess the answer is yes, in that things like hair loss and cupboard space are possible too..
Sometimes I feel envy at not looking as girly as others, but then I am me, not someone else.
Jennifer Who - that sounds just like you: to go and do it!

famousunknown
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
if your wife or girlfriend knows about you, are you less likely to see women and feel envious about what they are wearing than those who are closeted? My supposition is that yes, because if you are "out" to your spouse, you can take action (buy a dress and wear it) so the envy is low. Am I right?

Where do y'all come up with these crazy theories anyway?
Geeezzzz...

AllieSF
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I see some correlation between more envy of what a GG looks like and wears when confined to the house. However, since we can find correlations with a lot of things, I do not think that it is a major correlation. By being confined when one wants to get out to sample and experience the real world can generate a lot of frustrations , desires and dreams/wishes (jealousies). When one steps out that door and begins enjoying the outside world and feeling more confident the frustrations diminish a lot depending on the frequency of the outings, and the level of self satisfaction and enjoyment goes way up as that the person starts thinking what else can do and where else can they go to get more and sometimes new experiences. They stop worrying so much about what they before couldn't do and start adding things to there Bucket List. However, wanting to emulate someone who has the right figure, features and clothes and wears them well may never go away completely because it is human nature to always want to be, do and look better.

Jenni Yumiko
05-15-2013, 06:19 PM
As a recently out to the spouse cd, I do not believe i am envious at all. Pre telling her, I bought something if I liked it post telling her I buy something if I like it, I just now get her fashion approval.

ShelbyDawn
05-15-2013, 08:07 PM
I am guessing this would depend on wether or not the spouse is supportive... :)

Regardless though, I find I am jealous of the female body. There are choices I have to make to account for the natural differences and certain things I will probably never be able to get away with simply because the clothes don't quite fit right.
In a perfect world, I would have a female build with all my male parts still in place.

I can dream, can't I? :)

Shelby

LisaBishop
05-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Greenie What is a GG. You are really cute.

ArleneRaquel
05-16-2013, 12:55 AM
A GG is a genetic girl.

Sabrina133
05-16-2013, 10:28 AM
I am certainly less envious than i was when still in the closet. Today, i get envious when i see a GG wearing something cute that just wouldnt look right on me. But then again, aren't most GGs that way as well?

AmyGaleRT
05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't tend to be envious of GGs or what they wear these days...if something catches my eye, I'm likely to hear Amy's voice in my head, saying something like "Oh, that's a pretty dress! What shoes does she wear with it?" Or, "What pretty earrings! Any chance I could duplicate that with a clip style?" Or, on one occasion, "That's a nice way she has the sides of her hair pulled back and clipped at the back! I wonder if that would look good if I did it?" (It did look OK, I think I just need the medium-size claw clip instead of the small.)

- Amy