PDA

View Full Version : Why do you go out in public?

carhill2mn
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
"Why do you go out in public (or want to)" is a question often asked by many people.
I am sure that the answers vary greatly. I suspect that for many of us there is not just one answer.

For me, there are several answers. I enjoy looking like a woman, acting like a lady and being treated as a lady. I nearly always am treated better by clerks, wait-persons, etc. when en femme.

I suppose that one of the reasons is ego. If I find that if I think that I am looking good, I enjoy just being out with other people. It is always enjoyable to receive compliments.

Yesterday was such a day. Before meeting my "coffee buddy" for our weekly get-together I went to Target to get a few personal items. As I was checking out, the clerk complemented me on my nail polish. I thanked her and told her that it was new and also was not expensive.

Later I went to Trader Joe's to get a couple of things. As I was walking in one of the aisles a young man (younger than I am, anyway) remarked how he really liked my yellow skirt. He thought that it was such a great spring time color.

I also have had many situations when in various stores where employees (frequently men - grin) approach me and ask if they can help me. This rarely happens to me when I am in male mode.

I find that life is much more fun when I am presenting as a woman!

Emogene
05-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Dang, another one of those questions that I don't have a clue about! Sort of like, why do I crossdress? Hope someone can give me a clue.

But as scary as it is, it is fun, exciting, enjoyable and, of course, the shopping is great!

Beverley Sims
05-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Probably because I find it easier to buy lingerie in female mode, and while I am out I might as well get the groceries, a can of motor oil,a set of drill bits, ......OOh! I like that skirt she is wearing, must see what they look like, then go home.

I go out in public out of necessity, irrespective of how I am dressed.

Tracii G
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Same here Beverly I just go out and do what I need to do.
I do find people treat me better if I am presenting as a female.

Antoinette
05-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Why go out in public? Because I can <(*-*v)

Cheryl T
05-15-2013, 01:33 PM
For me ... just like the mountain...because it's there!

It's just a natural expression of who I am. What better way to be part of the world...it's no fun being a hermit.

Beverley Sims
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Tracii,
It means I can feel the merchandise in the lingerie section with more confidence.
When "undressed" I still feel a little self conscious.
There are a lot less stares as a woman, and I can finger the bras for quality.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
I rarely go out dressed except to be partially dressed going to my hair stylist. For me it feels like a sense of liberating freedom.

Cheryl

ArleneRaquel
05-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Validation and liberation are my main reasons, others reason are I love to show off, and I also love to scare folks by showing off my g*dawful looks.

dawnmarrie1961
05-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Because there's like stuff out there that isn't in here.

Cynthia Anne
05-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I go out for all the same reasons that you mention Carole! The only other reason is that's all I have to wear!

suzy1
05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I’m very odd, yes I am!
I don’t go out dressed. I don’t need to go out dressed. I am happy as I am. I am Suzy. I am me.
When I go out dressed as a man I am still me and I like me as I am.
I have it easy as I don’t have to worry about it. It’s a breeze. It’s all I want. It’s all I need.
I have great admiration for the members that go out dressed, but I have the easy road.

No wonder I smile a lot.:eek:

A happy Suzy.

All the best girls.:)

Kelley
05-15-2013, 03:50 PM
I hate to get all dressed up and nowhere to go. When I am dressed I feel good about myself and if I have an outfit that I think is nice I like to show it off. And of course all the other reasons above.

Kelley

Karren H
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM
because setting around the house all dolled up is boring as hell! for me.....

Sabrina133
05-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Same here. I like to go out so i go out. I like to dress and present as a woman, so i go out dressed as a woman.

Sam-antha
05-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Going outside the house is a human function and I am human. So i go out, either as me or as me. Simple.
i just re read that first sentence and i sort of wonder does it mean that the toilet is outside, that i have notoilet inside or that I have no toiled at all ?
~Samm

Ciara Brianne
05-15-2013, 04:13 PM
I go out in public because i am who I am and I want the world to know. I go out because it is the natural thing for me to do.

joandher
05-15-2013, 04:21 PM
I go out because i want to, and it feels great

Jessica Who
05-15-2013, 05:05 PM
I just like to be out and about doing things I love :)

sandra-leigh
05-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Ummm, well this afternoon I had a doctor's appointment; and then I stopped to get some juice and check whether the beansprouts looked edible today; and then it was the bus over to pick up ink for my printer; then it was a stop for soup (and the washroom); followed by the bus to the pharmacy, which involved wondering over to the book store while I was waiting; after that a short bus ride home, carrying the 4L of milk i also bought; as I walked the few houses over from the stop, I had to stop to say hello to the neighbor's children (first time I've ever seen the 1-year old stand up).

Same kinds of reasons that anyone goes out.

(To answer a potential question: The neighbors have not given me any reason to all to think they might be uncomfortable with me stopping by in a skirt. If I see them out, I stop and talk to them, and if they see me out, they stop and talk to me.)

Lorileah
05-15-2013, 05:52 PM
because the bar won't come to me. because my friends are all at the bar. because the cats get tired of seeing sitting around all depressed

sandra-leigh
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
"Oh yeah? Well who do you think does the sweeping up when those mountains drop in to visit you without even a By-Your-Leave? I'm exhausted! If you want some pantyhose, little 'Miss' Prophet, then you can go out and get some yourself!!"

STACY B
05-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Everyone wants to be Nice to a Pretty Lady !!

Michelle (Oz)
05-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Why do I go out dressed - Joy of my transformation, stimulation, excitement, satisfaction, fulfilment of a need, expression of the other side of me, the ability to wear clothes like sleeveless tops that I can't as a male, to feel the breeze gently blowing my wig against my face and shoulders and ruffling my skirt, whole newish way of experiencing life from a different side.

I am accepted, complemented, form friendships that I wouldn't/couldn't form as male, gain respect for my presentation skills, am treated better more caringly. Deep down it is just 'right'.

MsRenee
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Love to be outside. Theres just something about being dressed up and being out.
Everything seems much clearer and joyous.
Plus its always nice to recieve compliments from complete strangers.
Renee

Danielle_cder
05-15-2013, 08:24 PM
because all birds dont like to live in cages... mainly validation

AllieSF
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Because I want to, I can and it was fun the first time and continues to be fun every time I go out.

Leah Lynn
05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Why?

Why Not???

Leah

kimdl93
05-15-2013, 09:26 PM
For all the reasons you've sited. It's fun to interact, it's boring being confined to home and I'm being true to myself.

MsJanessa
05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
why do I go out dressed? Because I love the attention

RenneB
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
I have to go out dressed. The only guy clothes I have are for work. Everything else is for 'me' time. So I just get dressed, usually skirt, heels, blouse and head on out. Shopping for everything from groceries to clothes. Then there's the museum, the zoo, the art show, the mall, did I say shopping.... yea, I go because I don't grow food in the house...need to eat and shop....

Renne.....

PaulaQ
05-15-2013, 11:22 PM
I go out in public because it makes me happy.

Rebecca Watson
05-15-2013, 11:49 PM
I haven't really got a good answer to the question. Basically it's because I want to. All my experiences out and about so far have been strikingly positive (far more positive than I would have expected a priori).

Also, I more genuinely feel like a lady when someone treats me like a lady; a simple "ma'am" can affect how I feel for the whole day.

- Becky

Juliea661
05-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Jules is her male side's twin sister. When dressed Jules is a living breathing girl who wants to experience all of life. And since the vast majority of life lies on the other side of the front door, she must open that door and step through it in order to experience herself in the context of the real world. To not go through that door, no matter how scary, is to denigh who she is. That is unacceptable!
hugs, Jules

Wildaboutheels
05-16-2013, 01:45 AM
To educate them.

Deborah Kaye
05-16-2013, 04:08 AM
Because I want to spend time among other people ( I work 3rd shift) and it's also thrilling and exhilirating to feel the hair against my neck, the girls on my chest, the sweep of my skirt and the heels on my feet! I have an out of town trip for shopping planned for Friday (weekend begins) at 6am and can hardly wait!

Jillian Faith
05-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Because it makes me happy and as Cheryl said it "feels like a sense of liberating freedom."

gender_blender
05-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I go out in public confidently to be social, to shop, to party, to eat, to experience, to learn. I go out to contribute my diversity to an already diverse world.

Frédérique
05-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Why do you go out in public? I find that life is much more fun when I am presenting as a woman!

That’s it for me – everything is just more interesting and fun. For me, it has more to do with the fact that I’m doing something relatively taboo, unexpected, singular, and unique, and not a general feeling of being a woman. Presenting as a woman is always highly entertaining! It’s a challenge, of course, but I’m not in it for the challenge – I like to skirt convention, and I’ve been getting away with it all my life...
:battingeyelashes:

MssHyde
05-16-2013, 04:24 PM

yea what she said

Annaliese2010
05-16-2013, 04:27 PM
"Why do you go out in public (or want to)" ummm...bcause staying indoors 24/7 is like...weird? n very much...loserville? esp in the like...warm sunny spring/summer time?

KateSpade83
05-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I used to got out shopping dressed almost all the time in Texas, so I can try clothes before I buy them. But doing that I can't hit on pretty women if I see them. Nowadays I don't like the male attention that I get, as sometimes I do attract men. So nowadays I'd only got out dressed if I was bored or if I needed to try stuff on before I buy it. Or if I didn't want to get that gay label as a guy shopping for women's clothes.

Launa
05-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I go out in public because staying at home is like being locked in jail. Sucks big time!

Somebodys got to do it.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
05-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Becuase I refuse to have my existence as a human being locked away in some closet waiting for the opportunity to present itself. Waiting for it to be "safe". No way... I'm going out and living the way I want to live!

Sally24
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Being dressed up and by yourself does not feel real. Going shopping, seeing a movie, having lunch with friends makes it real. Interacting with others and being treated like a lady makes me feel more like a lady. These times allow me to be myself and help me thru the times when I just have to be HIM. Being able to spend a little normal time as a woman helps keep me relaxed and sane (well as close to sane as I'm likely to get).

DeeArel
05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I go out because the outside air feels so much better than that indoors. Plus, the feeling of the breeze blowing my skirt.

irishsissy
05-16-2013, 09:35 PM
love to be outside. Theres just something about being dressed up and being out.
Everything seems much clearer and joyous.
Plus its always nice to recieve compliments from complete strangers.
Renee

,,,,, ditto ,,,

carhill2mn
05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
It has been fun reading the responses from all of you!

Alice Torn
05-18-2013, 09:58 PM
On the rare times i do go out, i prepare myself for , the good, the bad, and the ugly!

CherylFlint
05-23-2013, 02:06 AM
I go out to see if I'm doing everything right, and I guess I am, since I pass. That's the test.

linda allen
05-23-2013, 06:34 AM
"Why do you go out in public?"

Well, I can't go out in private can I? :heehee:

Oh, it's a serious question? Pretty much the same reason as Cheryl above - I've gone to a lot of trouble to try to look and act like a female and I want to see how well I've done it. I suppose it's like taking cookies out of the cookie jar and hoping you don't get caught.

After a while though, it changes a bit to just being natural and having fun where I am and what I'm doing but I've still got that "being caught" thing in the back of my mind.

Tami Joy
07-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I go out cause i can and enjoy my female side out in the public.

joanna4
07-22-2013, 05:41 AM
I want to go out just to do normal things like shop. I want to be out as my girl self wearing girls clothes and makeup and feel what its like to be girl. I see these nicely dressed GGs all the time and I jsut want to be able to feel what they feel. The most satisfying feeling for me is wearing my favorite femme outfit in public and its usually one that is a little more on the edgy side.

5150 Girl
07-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Well, for me, dressing is a manifestation of who I am in my heart, and I am doing myself an injustice to hide in the proverbial closet....
And yes, I to find that people interact with the fem me better than with the ugly me.

Suzanne F
07-22-2013, 01:17 PM
It just feels so wonderful to be out in the world as the girl I imagined. Nothing else I have experienced touches that part of me. To express and feel that part of me after all the years of hiding it is irreplaceable. I think that it confirms for me that I am part girl and it helps me accept it. This is just my experience in the last 5 months since coming out to my wife and some close friends. I have been out many times now in ever expanding situations. i feel very confident that I can go anywhere i choose as long as my wife is on board. I know not everyone here feels the need to go out and I respect their choice.
Suzanne

Amanda M
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
I do because I enjoy it. I love interacting with people, I enjoy looking as good as I can. I think I´m a better looking girl than a guy - so why not. Besides, it´s not illegal, immoral or fattening. What more can you ask for.

One of the places I go to in Benidorm, Spain, is the Babylon Hotel in the Old town. The staff are fabulous, and I can´t help smiling when one says " Hi Amanda!" and the next morning it´s "Good morning Sir!" She just does it for fun.

GeorgeA
09-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Suzy, my sentiments exactly, but you said so well.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2013, 08:47 PM
As a 24/7 female I need to shop, take out the trash, get the mail (male?) enfemme. Plus I now HATE male attire.

NathalieX66
09-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Why not? :battingeyelashes:

Dannigurlfriend
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Because I can't get everyone to come to my house LOL.

Suzanne F
09-18-2013, 11:04 PM
As a 24/7 female I need to shop, take out the trash, get the mail (male?) enfemme. Plus I now HATE male attire.
Show off!
Hugs
Suzanne

Lynn Marie
09-19-2013, 03:11 AM
Why do I go out in public? There's nobody in my closet to flirt with.