PDA

View Full Version : Guide for boys who want to dress as girls

Darla
05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I found this in the always hilarious and fairly well edited McSweeny's off a Reddit link:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/column-7-the-young-mans-guide-to-wearing-and-shopping-for-womens-clothes-for-the-first-time

Hilarious! Only thing I'd append is that the roommates were sometimes female, and with the added caption of "If you didn't want me wearing you clothes don't stash your old leotards and tights where I could find them in the attic"

But the pasta sauce passage is 100% spot on.

Darla

mikiSJ
05-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Darla

This forum is for the serious discussion of CD/TG/TS issues. Please do not post anything that is ironically funny (and extremely well written) on this forum. It is distracting to those trying to find that last Valium that bounced under the couch.

HEY, leave my spaghetti alone!!!

Darla
05-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Deepest apologies! Plus - you're correct. The ironic and slightly sarcastic have no use in the CD universe. Earnest and serious a crowd we are. Plus - that casing the joint and averting ones gaze at the skirt rack. Pure fantasy.

I shall never post humorous material again.

Please note sarcasm ad irony in equal measures.

Darla

Beverley Sims
05-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Darla,
You are a nice person and I would report your post.
What utter drivel and I have no time to read such writings contained in thirteen paragraphs, sorry twenty, and some suggested reading as well.
If I reported it I would possibly be reported as well.

Have you found any more yet?

Jenni Yumiko
05-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Ok that was funny, and soooo true!

Tracii G
05-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Well then I'm not going to read the article then so I'm not guilty of feeding a dying thread.
Sarcasm did you see what I did there?
Pretty funny article but I didn't read it.LOL

Krista1985
05-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Haha love it!

It's like she was watching my first, awkward attempts at making a purchase when she wrote this.

Marcia Blue
05-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey I found your Valium. It must have rolled away....... I really need the Xanax more.
You can keep the spaghetti, I need lasagna, Garfield recommends it.
Skirts are highly over rated, suck it up, and check out the dresses. I am sure there is one, that does not look a flour sack.
Humor, ironic or other wise, must be in the Trivia section to be truly funny.

joanne_mi
05-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Hilarious! And ironic. Thanks for sharing!

Amy Fakley
05-15-2013, 08:16 PM
OMG that is the funniest and truest thing I have read in years.
especially this part: "Pick up a pair of black socks on the way. You will not be sure why, but it will make you feel better. "

ROFL. I have sooooo many pairs of black socks (that I never wear) ... mostly acquired in this exact fashion :-)

Beth Wilde
05-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I didn't even realise someone was following me around in my early days and translating my adventures from English into American...... (Further sarcasm is available for a small fee)

Plasibeau
05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Can't remember the last time I laughed outloud. Oh dear me it's like the writer was perched on my shoulder the first time I went shoping for myself.

But this: (The Dickies in particular give your legs and belly the appearance of a smokestack belching out a melted gumball.) So true it frackin hurts!!

Darla
05-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks ya'll - no sarcasm at all there. It truly was like looking into the past, only I didn't have access to Xanax. Maybe if I did I'd have been able to skip the women's pants section, ditch the black socks and go straight to the dress section.

My deepest apologies again (sarcasm) to those who this might have offended. Even deeper apologies to all moderators who are tryingto figure out to do with this thread, and the deepest darkest apologies to those who can't find the time to read this ;)

On a serious note, this is so awesome to see a TG or CD piece of writing that represents something so true, but so honest about our lives. This could be a series as far as I'm concerned! We could all contribute. I'm going to figure out who the autgor is and contact them!

Darla

helena.gcd
05-16-2013, 07:53 AM
loved reading it!!!

Thankfuly, that phase is gone