PDA

View Full Version : Opening the Door

Charlie Sissy
05-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I don’t know what got into me earlier this week. In respect of my neighbours I am still very much in the closet, some have seen Charlie about but nothing close up, and usually at dusk. And I have ordered take outs to be delivered and again as with a couple of deliveries by the postman I have answered the door.

Anyway a couple of days ago just after my pedicure and manicure I was fully dressed in a black and white print maxi dress as I was coming down the stairs and the doorbell rang and automatically I opened the front door.

Standing there was a young lady of about 23 to 24 years of age, who was asking if I had received a special offer flyer in the post. Well I might have got away with her just looking at me but unfortunately I have not yet mastered a feminine voice.

As I had not received the voucher which was for a DVD postal club she spent about 10 minutes on the doorstep talking about the offer that was on offer, and of course I was in full sight of the street.

As it was getting a bit blustery I asked the young lady who introduced herself as Lizzie in so as I could sign up for the offer.

Lizzie was very understanding and also complimentary about my looks and outfit, she also looked at some of my photos .and she was especially complimentary about the scent I was wearing, and even had a spray of it herself.

Lizzie was surprised that I did not dress more and that the neighbours were unaware of my hobby

After about a further fifteen minutes Lizzie had signed me up for a three month trial, and with my confidence sky high. In having been able to have a small but significant to me interaction with another person

A picture of whatb I was wearing is below

All the Very best

Charlie

dawnmarrie1961
05-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm sure door to door people run into a variety of different types of people. Sounds to me like this young person has good customer service skills. She will do well in life.
You did well too.

Karren H
05-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Bet Lizzie is going to be VP of sales someday! lol

dawnmarrie1961
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Bet Lizzie is going to be VP of sales someday! lol
President or CEO most probably.

Beverley Sims
05-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Charlie,
What you did is one of the most difficult things to get around.
I would say you felt a little trapped until the girl accepted you for who you are.

Jaylyn
05-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I think that young lady will indeed go a long ways in life. She accepted you as you are and made a sale also. Let us know about the DVD club.....lol You look great in the pic. Jaylyn

Charlie Sissy
05-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Thank you all , I am sure Lizzie has a bright future ahead of her , it is just a pity that i will probaly never see her again to let her know what a treasure she is, and that she has given my ego quite a boost.

My goal must be to be a bit more adventurous and get out dressed more.

Jenniferathome
05-16-2013, 11:35 AM
... In respect of my neighbours I am still very much in the closet, ....

Come on Charlie, be honest. It is not for the neighbors that you are in the closet, it is for you. That's ok, but I think we should all be objective about ourselves. If you are, you will be capable of great change.

Now, on the experience you had, it speaks volumes about the person who rang the bell. She may be the new normal for that generation.