PDA

View Full Version : Interesting at work

Aly Cat
05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
So today I had a customer at work who had her young children with her. We went through the transaction like normal and about half way through, the lady asked her daughter a question and the daughter responded with a yes. The woman then said yes sir and the child responded with a yes sir and walked away. I caught it right away but didnt indicate that i noticed. The woman had super short hair but wasnt dressed like a man or anything but had definitely corrected her daughter to call her a sir. I wonder if she is a F to M transition because she was definitely womanly and not in a "trying to be womanly" way. Just thought it was interesting.

Beverley Sims
05-17-2013, 07:34 PM
When you don't know the question, out of context answers can be confusing.

Aly Cat
05-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, her question was...Will you pick up the pieces to the connect four game please? The little girl was like...yes. Then the mom said yes sir and the girl corrected her response to yes sir and walked over and started picking up the connect four pieces in the play area. So she was definitely correcting the child to say yes sir to her.

sandra-leigh
05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Did they look enough alike for "daughter" to be obvious?

We have private schools here, and in some of them, teaching Respect For Elders and Proper Address is part of the curriculum. Sometimes those places teach "Sir" to address male and female. Especially if the schools are affiliated with the military -- the "Sir" to a military superior.