PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance from my SO :)

Emily Barton
05-18-2013, 06:57 AM
The last few days have been really amazing for me, and have marked some real milestones in my SO's acceptance. It started when I found out via twitter about a sale on boohoo, and having decided to get some things I told my SO about it as she's been looking to get some more summery clothes. She found something she liked too and we ordered it all together - after she asked to see what I was getting and said that my choices were 'pretty' :)

I then divulged to her about my recently-set-up twitter/livejournal accounts later in the evening and it turned out she already knew about them - I'd left some tabs open on my laptop once while we were watching stuff and so she'd seen them when I went to the bathroom. She was totally cool with it and said she was impressed by my profile pic, which she hadn't seen before. She was impressed!!

Then yesterday the boohoo order arrived and she asked if she could see the stuff I bought. I got a new skater skirt which I'm thrilled with and which my SO really liked too, and the dress she got for herself suited her really well. She had a course in the evening so I waited until then to try my stuff on, among which was a dress that I loved the design of but looked a little on the short side for me.

Well, in the most amazing turn of all I had this confirmed to me by none other than my SO! She got back from her course and asked how my stuff was, and when I mentioned I was having doubts about the length of the dress she said I should try it on so she could tell me what she thought. Wow! I mean, it sucks the dress was too short and all but this was huge progress - my SO seeing me in a dress for the first time!!

I made sure to buy her a little something to say thank you for the last few days. It's an amazing feeling to be accepted like this, and I am hopeful for the future. I love her so much! :)

Katie Russell
05-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi Emily

Great news. I hope to report the same one day.

Katie

kimdl93
05-18-2013, 07:44 AM
That's great, Emily. It's so encouraging to see relationships like yours grow!

MysticLady
05-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Emily Im so very happy for you. A wrong size piece of garment is a small tradeoff for the precious time you and your SO spent together. A burden has been lifted off you and now you can more openly share your good fortune with a precious woman about this special side of you. A super big hug for both of you sweetie. (Needless to say, I'm a little jealous of you:heehee:) It's all Good......

May(be)
05-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry your dress didn't fit! What a disaster... what a shame. #Completelymissingthepoint

I'm very glad for this progress. Baby steps :)

Greenie
05-18-2013, 09:31 AM
That sounds so great Emily! Sounds like she really wants you to share this progress and development in your life. Supportive SO's like to be involved. :)

Barbra P
05-18-2013, 09:49 AM
I’m sitting here drinking coffee while reading your post and turning a bit green. I think many of us on the forum will find that we are envious of your relationship with your SO. My Wife tolerates my dressing to some extent and I am able to dress around her while at home, but she doesn’t really take part. She doesn’t say “Oh, I like that that blouse” or “What a great color lipstick for you.” She did comment that the one wig I had just bought looked terrible, but she wouldn’t help when it came to replacing it. I’ve gone shopping with her on a couple occasions and once she bought me a bra, but I suspect that was partially because there was a buy one, get one for half price sale and partially because she didn’t want to be seen with me buying a bra.

Make sure to keep telling her how much you love and appreciate her and little gifts certainly help.

Juliea661
05-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Wonderful Emily! So happy for you!!!
Hugs, Jules

~Joanne~
05-18-2013, 10:53 AM
That sounds absolutely awesome Emily :D I know we don't like baby step after baby step but it will get you to where your going eventually ;)

carbonara
05-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Sounds great! I'm sure it's been a joy to receive the package and try on your new clothings with your SO. Congrats!!

slamddoger
05-18-2013, 02:47 PM
that sound like good news

Kalista Jameson
05-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Hi Emily,

That is a great story. Glad to hear you have someone so supportive in you life! It's a real confidence builder for sure.

Cheers,

Kalista

Beverley Sims
05-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes you are doing well now dont overwhelm her with joy.
It is good that she is accepting.

Gretchen_To_Be
05-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi Emily. What Beverly says is true. Don't take a mile when offered an inch. Over the last 6 months I quickly realized what worked best was to act in counter-intuitive fashion. When reaching a new level of acceptance, rather than assuming it was a green light to proceed and pushing further, what's worked for me has been to tone it down. So far so good.

Barbara Ella
05-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Will add to the congratulations Emily. Will also add to the cautious advancement warnings. I did all that with my wife for about 3 months before it burned her out mentally. No way to know ahead of time. Slow and cautious is the way to go. Keep what you have and make it work and enjoy it without having to worry about whether you have gone that one step too far.

Barbara

tracy917
05-19-2013, 08:32 AM
awesome! Congratulations!

reb.femme
05-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi Emily,

Fantastic that your SO is great with your dressing, but as I said before in another post, it's that Maths fetish that'll be difficult to deal with :heehee:

Good luck with the exam and result too!

Rebecca x

Lady Catherine
05-19-2013, 10:28 AM
It always makes me happy to hear these sort of things. And kudos on getting her something to say thank you. Most don't think of that.

clare29
05-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm happy your SO is accepting its nice to be able to share things with someone close to you I'm lucky as well me and SO get on really well and she often gives me advice on what goes and what doesn't.

Emily Barton
05-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry your dress didn't fit! What a disaster... what a shame. #Completelymissingthepoint

I'm very glad for this progress. Baby steps :)

Haha, this made me laugh! It was a really cute dress though... :(

Thanks for the kind words everyone! And thanks to those advising caution/taking it slow too... never hurts to have someone to remind you not to take things too fast! Although I'm getting pretty practiced at it by now :)