PDA

View Full Version : Painted toes on Vacation

LIKETODRESS2
05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
ME and gf just went to DL and beach and I decided since I was so far from home I would paint my toes and wear sandals. I had on purple polish. I did notice a few people take a second look but no one ever said anything to me. THE last night we were at dinner at planet Hollywood for dinner. After dinner I was looking in the souvenir shop and a teen girl was looking around also. I seen her look down and she looked up at me then at my toes and just smiled and walked away. I was able to show my toes off for 6 days while we were there it was great

Barbra P
05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Before cataract surgery the technician measuring my eyes said “you have painted toes, I’ll bet you have grandchildren’ and an Ophthalmologist said “you have pink toes . . . oh never mind.” On the other hand my Doctor has complimented the color on my toes twice; she knows I cross dress although I have gone to see her en femme. My Therapist regularly complements my polished toes and I hers.

Riding in elevator I have seen people look down and notice my toes, I wear sandals almost exclusively, and several GG’s have then looked up and given me a big smile; men pretty much look away. Teenage girls are usually the ones that notice, I haven’t had any of them actually say anything but occasionally they will giggle as they walk off. I’ve had several GG’s in the neighborhood comment on my toes, usually while walking their dog. I’ll be petting their dog and they’ll notice my toes. This week a woman said “I love that color on your toes, who did for you?” I answered that I had done it myself this time. Then she said she had been trying to get her husband to go for a pedicure and after seeing me wearing polish she was going to try even harder to get him in for a pedicure.

Most people don’t notice, or don’t care, and it is a rarity that anyone will say anything. I haven’t actually had anyone ask why my toenails are polished so I haven’t had to explain why. Most comments fall into the category of “I like that color” or “what color is that …”.

Eryn
05-18-2013, 02:18 PM
DL = Disneyland?

In any case, congratulations on enjoying your self-expression!

CynthiaD
05-18-2013, 07:12 PM
I keep my toenails painted all the time, and I frequently wear sandals in male mode. No one has given my toes a second glance.

Beverley Sims
05-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes I like my toes done as well but I do not show them off in male mode though.

VAWyman
05-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I had mine painted pink when my granddaughter came over unexpectedly. She walked by me and said "ohhh, pretty." My wife asked what and she replied "grandpa's toes." My wife about went postal on me. I had them painted for several weeks and she had never noticed!

Emogene
05-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Lot to be said for being a grandfather. I wear polish all the time. My attitude is "after all, I'm an old man, what are they going to do to me?"

My wife had fun last night, they are currently black with sparkly particles in the polish.

My grandkids thought they looked good this morning when I showed them. No one else really matters! So liberating!

Jamie001
05-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Displaying painted toe in male mode is very liberating. If you do some googling you will find that a lot of males wear nail polish on their toes including late night TV Host Craig Ferguson who revealed is bright blue toenails on his TV show last year. It is not a big deal to have painted toenails in male mode. It is no different than piercings and tattoos.

Tracii G
05-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Women always comment, guys don't care and won't say anything if they do notice.
I have had one fellow say that looks faggy and I said well you have a rose tattoo on your forearm so there.His wife laughed and said well honey he has a point flowers are girly.
He just scowled back at me.

Good for you darlin' paint em' all the time now.LOL

Robyn-aus
05-20-2013, 04:02 AM
My wife paints mine for me every few weeks in a nice pink I always open toed shoes etc Get a few looks doesn't worry me or my wife

Hanlie
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Did the same on our last vacation. Felt free. No comments from other people.

Hanlie