PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor enqounter last night

Tracii G
05-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Dressed enfemme yesterday and stopped by the grocery on the way home from dinner.
I was pushing my cart down the frozen food aisle and Jeannie my neighbor from across the street (she is the nosy one BTW) was coming down the aisle.
I was getting something from the freezer as she went by she said hi neighbor how are you?
I looked up and said hi how are you?
She smiled and said you look fantastic up close sweetie cute outfit too!
I said thanks Jeannie you look nice too.
She said I've seen you a few times leaving your house but always wondered what you looked like up close as a woman.
I said I hope I look OK LOL.She giggled and said you look really good I mean that.
My Daughter said you two talked the other day about Ryan (her other Daughter that is FtM).
I said yeah we did and I told her I was trans and have been for a long time.
Jeannie said well honey you have our support and I will never out you ever.
I thanked her and we shopped together for about 30 min gabbing about life.
Nice lady.

kimdl93
05-18-2013, 03:45 PM
that was really a nice encounter after all, wasn't it? Do you find, as I have, that the vast majority of these unplanned encounters turn out remarkeably well?

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
I wish for the rest of us the world and for every experience it could be so nice!

Cheryl

Emjay
05-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's really awesome Tracii. It's so nice to hear when people have good experiences when out and about, gives me some hope for humanity lol. :)

Tracii G
05-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I knew the family had dealt with trans issues with their Daughter but didn't feel it was my business to talk with them about it back then.
We spoke about Ryan as we shopped and seems he has been very happy and living full time as a man.
I figured they wouldn't have a problem with me I just never mentioned it.

AmyGaleRT
05-18-2013, 04:18 PM
That's great news, Traci! What a wonderful feeling, to be just another lady out shopping and gabbing with her neighbor. :)

- Amy

Rachelakld
05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
sounds like the sort of neigbour you could invite over for BBQ

Tracii G
05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I thanked her for a nice time and being understanding.
I went down to get my mail today in capri jeans sandals and a pale blue t shirt and James her husband waved and said hi as he was trimming his lawn.
So I guess he is alright with it too.
A little girl down the street was riding her bike up the sidewalk and saw me from the back and said excuse me ma'am as she raced by.LOL

mikiSJ
05-18-2013, 05:04 PM
I am glad your encounter turned out well and it appears you have picked up a friend - good for you!

I don't leave my home dressed, but if I did, I have one neighbor across the street I would love to walk up to and say HI!, just to eff with her tiny little brain!

Jaylyn
05-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Track that is one good time in the grocery store bet there will now be other times that you and your neighbors will be together. As someone had said may be time for a cookout and invite them. What a great story love those kind.... Jaylyn

Angela Campbell
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Uhhh you are out in public dressed as a woman and she tells you she would never out you? I think you are already out LOL.

Beverley Sims
05-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Tracii,
you are definitely out, but probably compliments all the way through.
Having others close by in similar circumstances does keep the gate closed a little.

mary something
05-18-2013, 10:45 PM
what a nice encounter! and yeah Ellen's right honey, you're out :)

Tracii G
05-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah I'm out for sure LOL.
I have been for several years just not full femme mode all the time.
My neighbors to the left have seen Tracii a lot and they are really nice people and I have cooked out with them a few times in both modes.
Very sweet family with great kids.

Leah Lynn
05-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Tracii, that's so cool.

Leah

Tracii G
05-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I think if you present a positive attitude 99% of the time people can sense that and treat you with respect no matter how you are dressed.
They may not understand it but see you are a nice person.

Barbara Ella
05-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Wonderful encounter Tracii, and you have it exactly right about a positive attitude. i would add that it takes a pleasant, warm, caring individual to make it totally work. You fit the bill girl.

Barbara

Ceri Anne
05-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Great story tracii, always nice to know the neighbors are cool with things. I know I scurry from the door to the car, making sure the coast is clear and blinds are closed, not sure what the neigbors responces would be....lol.

Tracii G
05-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Ceri I did that in the beginning LOL.

Mollyanne
05-19-2013, 05:49 AM
Hi Tracii, IT DOES GET EASIER AND EASIER DOESN'T IT????? ACTUALLY YOU DO PRESENT VERY WELL AND I R E A L L Y LIKE YOU ATTITUDE!!!!!!

Molly

stephNE
05-19-2013, 05:54 AM
What a nice encounter!

natalie_cheryl
05-19-2013, 02:00 PM
i keep reading all these stories and encounters that are so accepting it really give me hope that if i was to be seen out an about that it would go well, postings like this give me so much hope for the future :)

vikki2020
05-19-2013, 02:02 PM
That neighbor is a keeper! Nice to have that kind of reaction. I'm out dressed, in the neighborhood a LOT---and it's just a matter of time before I have that conversation--hope it goes as well!!

STACY B
05-19-2013, 03:26 PM
That's a Nice story ,, I think your just nice an people respond to that and are just curious about us ,, I was talking to a guy the other day an he said he thought trans chix from Brazil were hot ,,, lol,,, I said its always the really Fine ones that you see all the time ,, Us ugly ones are just a face in the crowd ,,lol,,,, An I like it like that !!

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Stacy! You never fail to crack me up with your comments and your attitude. I could probably benefit from hanging with you for awhile to loosen me up! I have a friend in Florida who has fully transitioned and over the phone she usually has me busting my gut! I should call her more often. LOL!

But back to this topic, I think I have a GG neighbor with whom I feel I could confide in. We usually take some daily walks with her little dog in this quiet rural country. I've been able to talk with her about other things. Not everyone out there is against us.

Cheryl

Lady Catherine
05-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I never tire of hearing about these positive encounters. Thanks for sharing.