PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to see

DarcyAnne
05-19-2013, 09:25 AM
So for the first time, one of my friends came into the nail salon where I was having a pedicure done, french tips. It was a little jarring, as she doesn't know about me. She was quiet while we were there, which is unusual for her, she was in a chair across from me by chance. She's sort of a non-spoken leader of a group of us fitness buffs at the local gym, our families will even get together for picnics and we'll go to races in the area as a group & have dinners on the weekends. She's our organizer and a little outspoken. So, it's wait and see what the fallout with be. I'm hoping it'll be ok, as I like her and our circle of friends.

~Joanne~
05-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Men gets mani's all the time so she may have thought nothing of it. I am surprised that she didn't say much to you or did she?

DarcyAnne
05-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Joanne, she doesn't know I'm TG or that I go to the nail salon, that's what I was trying to express. She knows me.

Sara Jessica
05-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Why wouldn't you say anything to her? That probably made the entire situation that much more uncomfortable because you chose to stay quiet as well. It was like there was some sort of guilt at play, immersed in an uncomfortable silence.

DarcyAnne
05-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh I did talk to her Sara :) She's not usually one you'd have to work to get talking, so it was unusual to have her so quiet. I left her alone after a bit, as she was having her own services done.

Greenie
05-19-2013, 10:15 AM
A Lot of women don't like to talk while getting their nails done. Its supposed to be a relaxing experience for them. Even if she did think it was weird, men do get mani's and Pedi's all the time. She probably didn't say anything because she wanted to relax not be talked to.

Sara Jessica
05-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh I did talk to her Sara :) She's not usually one you'd have to work to get talking, so it was unusual to have her so quiet. I left her alone after a bit, as she was having her own services done.

That's good. I was just under the impression that nothing was said between the two of you.

A Lot of women don't like to talk while getting their nails done. Its supposed to be a relaxing experience for them. Even if she did think it was weird, men do get mani's and Pedi's all the time. She probably didn't say anything because she wanted to relax not be talked to.

This actually makes a lot of sense and I have seen this to be true in my travels.

Which doesn't take anything away from not knowing the neighbor's perception when it came to the french pedi that would be atypical for the average guy.

Beverley Sims
05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Darcy,
I went to the hairdressers once dressed and a neighbor came in for a set also.
We engaged in conversation and discussed hair treatments.
I wondered what she would say to me about being dressed up.
Her only comment was that I had a lovely husky voice and did I do any singing.
She thought I sounded like Helen Shapiro
She did not know.
I saw her some days later in male mode and remarked on her hair.
She explained that she had it set last week, and talked to a girl with a lovely husky voice.
Nothing else was ever mentioned and life goes on.

Stephanie47
05-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't get paranoid about it.

Emogene
05-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Or in this case to lose!

Might call her and ask her to have coffee with you in some mutually acceptable locale.

That would give you both a chance to ask questions and discuss the new paradigm of your relationship!

mikiSJ
05-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Subconsciously, a lot of us expose ourselves to being 'caught' by doing things like having our nails done in our own neighborhoods.

Sit your self down and ask yourself if this is what you are doing. If so, girl up and admit that somewhere inside of you, you want to be caught.

DarcyAnne
05-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Well so far it's been all good, which was a nice outcome. I actually let it slip my mind with the normal pace of life, and thought about it later after I met her and her husband. It was just a normal conversation with the three of us. And, the pedicure has looked great this whole time :)