PDA

View Full Version : Amusing lunchtime shopping encounter...

ShelbyDawn
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
So, a little stressed at work today and decided to take a long lunch and just unwind a bit. On my way back to work I just happened to pass a small show store and decided to go take a look. What better stress relief, right.
I walk in and the gentleman, very large gentleman, behind the counter welcomes me.
I browse a bit and find to my amazement a very small selection of 12w ladies shoes. Even more to my amazement are the pair of black heels I have been looking for and a really cute pair of brown pumps. They both fit great so I grab them and head to the counter. I
I hand my selections to the gentleman; he smiles and asks if I found everything. I say yes. Then he looks at my purchase. There is a very obvious pause. He looks at me and says, "So did you catch the baseball game last night?"
And proceeds to ring me up without a hitch.

I can only imagine what he was thinking during that brief pause.

Anyway, the whole thing made me smile and with two new pair of shoes it is bound. Be a much better afternoon. :)

Shelby

EllieOPKS
05-20-2013, 03:30 PM
He was probably thinking 1- this is a good sale for me. 2 - I hope your friends find out about this place. 3 - There's no way I could get my foot in those shoes.

Beverley Sims
05-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Shelby,
If you weren't messing with his brain, he possibly would have thought about it.

reb.femme
05-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I hand my selections to the gentleman; he smiles and asks if I found everything. I say yes. Then he looks at my purchase. There is a very obvious pause. He looks at me and says, "So did you catch the baseball game last night?"
And proceeds to ring me up without a hitch.

I can only imagine what he was thinking during that brief pause.

Shelby

Hi Shelby,

Analogous to the scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles and the late, great John Candy. If you've seen the film, Neil awakes to find Del's hand allegedly between two pillows, with the ensuing conversation, Neal: See that Bears game last week? Del: Yeah. Hell of a game. Hell of a game.

Hope you enjoy those shoes!

Rebecca

~Joanne~
05-20-2013, 07:00 PM

Priceless lol and he still stayed professional and didn't question you about your purchases. Sure there was that moment but you came away from it unharmed and with two new pairs of heels :D I'd say that's a good day any day !

ShelbyDawn
05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
>reb... That's exactly what hit me... LOL

Now that I am home, the task is to see just how many outfits the shoes can go with. Pink Fog anyone??? :)

docrobbysherry
05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
What a wimp! How can anyone watch baseball when the NBA and NHL playoffs r going on?

suchacutie
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Hmmm, funny how I never noticed that the hockey season even started, so seeing it end seems as much of a non-event :) And pro basketball is about the same..

Then there is the art of baseball....always a safe topic, and that's what he needed, a safe topic, it seems, if he were to stay professional. Makes me smile as well!

Chickhe
05-20-2013, 11:44 PM
...should have responded...sorry, I'm not really in to that sort of thing... then you will hear crickets chirping.

DaniG
05-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Or, "Is that the game where you hit the little ball with the big stick?"