PDA

View Full Version : CD's @ Koroneburg Ren Faire: One Of Us?

RebeccaLynne
05-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Attended the Koroneburg Renaissance Faire, Sunday the 19th of May, in Corona CA. My GF and I observed two CD'ers. I'm just wondering if either are members here. If so, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on your experience.

One participant was in a supporting role as a caregiver during the battle re-enactment, and the other was accompanied by her wife and young children... both were appropriately dressed for the outing, and seemingly well-received by everyone in attendance.

Are either of you here?

Leah Lynn
05-20-2013, 08:37 PM
I wasn't there, but do plan to attend several RenFaires this year in female attire.

Leah

docrobbysherry
05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I keep reading about the Fair, Becca. But, can't seem to work it into Sherry's schedule as yet!

How did u like it? Is going dressed there appropriate?

Sometimes Steffi
05-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I've gone to the Maryland Ren Faire a couple of times en femme. Both times I rented a wench costume there. It was great fun, and I'd love to do it again, but with a larger CD group.

Eryn
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Persephone and I, along with our spouses, have attended the Los Angeles Renfair for the last two years. We had a great time! I'd say that a Renfair is a great place to go dressed. When you have a lot of people dressed as fairies and elves, etc., a CDer just doesn't get much notice! Even if you happen to be "made" the people are probably the most tolerant you'll find anywhere! We had a great time shopping and just taking in the ambiance of the place!

Favorite moment: We were strolling past a jewelery vendor who called out to us... "Ladies, Shiny Things!" :)

RebeccaLynne
05-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Alas, neither of the attendees I referenced have responded, which leads me to conclude that they're not members here... pity that, as they're really missing out on a great community with which to interact. Actually, I'm surprised that they're not here, as I've always believed that CD.com was a "must read, go-to site" for all things crossdressing... makes me think I should have approached them, struck up a conversation, and invited them to join. :)

However, TBS, I would never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable in a public setting regarding their CD'ing... so I now find myself in a quandary; would I have been expanding their horizons, or "outing" them publicly?. Suggestions welcome, as I really don't know how to address future encounters of a similar nature. :idontknow:

I keep reading about the Fair, Becca. But, can't seem to work it into Sherry's schedule as yet!

How did u like it? Is going dressed there appropriate?

Sherry, I always enjoy the Renaissance Faire vibe. Everyone has fun, and I really think there are no boundaries as to one's presentation. The CD with her family in attendance had to be at least 6'3" in her stockinged feet, and no one batted an eyelash in my presence.

Regrettably, I was en homme, accompanied by my GF. She reluctantly tolerates the mere thought of me cd'ing, and is quite uncomfortable in me doing so in her presence, let alone publicly. :sad:

In answer to your question, though, CD'ing in this venue is totally appropriate! Read what Eryn says...

Persephone and I, along with our spouses, have attended the Los Angeles Renfair for the last two years. We had a great time! I'd say that a Renfair is a great place to go dressed. When you have a lot of people dressed as fairies and elves, etc., a CDer just doesn't get much notice! Even if you happen to be "made" the people are probably the most tolerant you'll find anywhere! We had a great time shopping and just taking in the ambiance of the place!

Favorite moment: We were strolling past a jewelery vendor who called out to us... "Ladies, Shiny Things!" :)

LOL! Eryn, I always tease my GF about having "shiny object syndrome"... and apparently an astute vendor has made the same observation! Whatever moves the merchandise... :heehee:

Beverley Sims
05-27-2013, 01:36 AM
These types of fairs are great for boosting confidence and improving communication skills if youare a little hesitant in going out.
When you get home all you want to do is go out again.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
05-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi there,

Renfaires are a good place to get out and have fun. Seriously, no one will bat an eye or give you grief if your crossdressed. We have everything wandering the lanes out there. Sci-fi, medieval, asian, cosplay... etc etc... so come out in your finery and just BE :) I've been doing it going on ten years now and every faire I have been to (about 6 in the southern us) and all of them were good to me.