PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a surprise date night at home...

Kay P
05-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone!!! I'm trying to plan a surprise date night at home with my CD husband. He is still working on being able to be comfortable enough around me so I'm planning this to give him some stress free fun. I was thinking movie, and the only 2 I really know about that are CD related are Kinky Boots and Bird Cage, I have no idea about the content, dont want to show him a movie that puts it in a bad light... any suggestions? Also any suggestions on what else we should do? (pg rated)

-K

2B Natasha
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Kay.

There are several good movies out there

To Wong foo. Thanks for everything. Julie Newmarket.
Priscilla. Queen of the desert.

But you don't need a tg themed movie. Pick any old one or mom at all!

Play dress up.
Play make-up with each other
Go buy style mags and look at it together.
Take the opportunity to help him/her with how to pair up outfits. What shoes go with what, how to wear layers properly.

Start it off with a nice dinner and an adult beverage of choice. Not to much though.

Just have fun with it.

Cheers

Natasha.

Beverley Sims
05-21-2013, 02:08 PM
I would go for a dress up night this would be stimulating and better than any movie.

Michelle Crossfire
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
i agree with beverley here. it shows a genuine interest and can help in the long run

I would go for a dress up night this would be stimulating and better than any movie.

Kay P
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
I do like the idea of dressing up, also the mags is a great idea too!!!

Jaylyn
05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Kay just tell him you want to stay home with him and you want him to be dressed. You might even rent a good movie it really doesn't need to be anything about CD's. Plan a nice meal and let him relax a little with a goo bottle of wine at dinner, as said earlier no more than a glass. It was hard for me to dress around my wife till she said it was ok and that she kind of enjoyed having a GF and a Hubby. She even whispers sometimes to me how is Jaylyn and we were shopping the other day she asked if Jaylyn needed any makeup. She says it being honest and not like she is making fun or down grading....I love it that she is so exceptive and bet that your husband will also. Always be thee for him and help him with makeup and dressing as you would any of your girl friends. That's what most CD"s want you wouldn't believe how many PM's I have gotten from gals on here telling me how lucky I am to have a wife like mine. We sat around and painted toes together the other night. I practiced on hers and then she did mine. It was fun and I learned a little. Keep all the lines of communication open let him tell you how he is feeling and you also let him know how you feel, but just love each other and explore this exciting time with him.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Wow Kay! You are ONE awesome Lady wishing to do so much for your husband! May I suggest "Tootsie" with Dustin Hoffman as a very warm movie? I loved it and it may inspire both of you! You must know his size, so maybe you could get him something to surprise him as in a nightgown and a nice bath after which you could both curl up together and watch the movie? Do as my wife did one day. She had a key to my apartment before we married. One day I came home to a stack of pretty panties and a beautiful robe laid on on my bed. When you do that, I believe it shows a beautiful kind of intimate acceptance. I cried when I saw what my lovely did! I totally knew then that I could be myself and it was okay! I wish you the VERY best! Be sure to report back!

Cheryl

Persephone
05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Personally, I would skip the CD/TG movie category and go for a nice romantic movie.

The wine, dress up, and makeup sounds perfect unless he shows signs of discomfort. Most of us start with such a tremendous lifetime of guilt and shame that acceptance like yours is scary and difficult at first. We so badly want your love and acceptance, but we're so scared.

Wives like you are very few and very special and are the most wonderful women in the world. Thank you so much for being one of that small group of "the very best."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Diana Bain
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
We both cooked a nice meal beforehand. Then we both dressed nicely for dinner and sat down and ate and talked all night long. That was years ago and we still do it every week. Good Luck Kay, you are a special woman.

Kitty D
05-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Dress up and romantic movie sound amazing.

audreyinalbany
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd skip the CD movies as well. Nice dinner and dress up and, if you're in the mood for a film, pick a "chick flick"

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Kay, get a bottle of Suave "Everlasting Sunshine" body wash and hand it to him. It's my favorite. Tell him to slather it on himself and lather it up while taking a shower. It is potent and very scented. My wife loves when I use it! So do I!!!

Cheryl

Lacy PJs
05-21-2013, 05:35 PM
No, not as part of the evening but go shopping and get him something special. You know what that might be... better yet, get TWO outfits the same; one for each of you, and then do some serious dress-up together. My S/O and I have a few matching outfits (babydoll PJs & peignoir sets) and I find it a lot of fun and very relaxing when we wear them together.

Have fun!

Lacy PJs

Lorileah
05-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Personally, I would skip the CD/TG movie category and go for a nice romantic movie.

:yt:

And personally most the TG movies just make me angry because they reinforce the bad stereotypes. And the ones I WOULD recommend are a little heavy for fun date night.

(Some like it hot ;))

Greenie
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
SLEEP OVER STYLE party! I think it would be fun to do it like we used to do as little girls. Boys never experienced that like we did as kids but I assume its something they would like to do. I think it would be something they would really like. Make pop corn, buy a bunch of movie candy (I would skip a TG movie. I think that if you pick one that has a CD/drag queen that is NOT Like your hubby he might freak out (is this what she expects me to be like or things I am!?!), put out a bunch of blankets and pillows down in the living room. Take out all of your nail polish and makeup and fun stuff out. Maybe buy him some cute girly pajamas or a nightie!

At least I think that would be fun. :)

Emogene
05-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Keep it simple! My SO, just out of the blue, sat me down and did my toes the other night! Small personal gestures like that are fun without over whelming! Or, ladies night, do each other's toes. A real blast!

Ozark
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
we like to watch turner classic movies while we each surf the internet.

She will tell me to wear something pretty... I am a huge fan of VF pajamas and gowns.

Jenniferathome
05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
The movie doesn't have to be CD related. Just BEING with him will be quite enough. Help put an outfit together. THAT will be a huge help.

Beverley Sims
05-21-2013, 10:36 PM
SLEEP OVER STYLE party! I think it would be fun to do it like we used to do as little girls. Boys never experienced put out a bunch of blankets and pillows down in the living room. Take out all of your nail polish and makeup and fun stuff out. Maybe buy him some cute girly pajamas or a nightie!
At least I think that would be fun. :)

Greenie,
That was fun with my housemates when I was twenty and I think it is an excellent suggestion.

Ceri Anne
05-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I second Too Wong Foo as far as a CD themed movie, but a good romantic comedy is always fun too. I would think like a sleepover. Have some pj's available, fun snacks, do each others nails, play with makeup, download some Karaoke tracks from You Tube, and vamp up singing them. Diffidently looking at fashion mags, what goes with what and stuff.

bridget thronton
05-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Greenie you made some great suggestions. Kay your SO is lucky to have you.

Kay P
05-22-2013, 06:35 AM
I want to quote everyone on here, but I will tell you, I took most all of your suggestions, gonna save a few for the next "sleep over style" night. Thanks Greenie, that's exactly what it felt like too. We had matching sleepwear, did clay face masks, watched "Connie and Carla," and I got us a bunch of magazines and we stayed up late chatting about those! We didn't do the dinner or the wine, YET...but he ordered pizza!! It was a really great night and I owe you all a huge debt. I saw someone on here wrote about doing it every week? I like that idea too, but I don't want him to mistake the suggestion for me asking him to dress ONLY once a week. How should I go about that?

I second Too Wong Foo as far as a CD themed movie, but a good romantic comedy is always fun too. I would think like a sleepover. Have some pj's available, fun snacks, do each others nails, play with makeup, download some Karaoke tracks from You Tube, and vamp up singing them. Diffidently looking at fashion mags, what goes with what and stuff.

Yup, totally doing these next time. I didn't think about karaoke!!!

Rhonda Darling
05-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Kay. Just tell her. Just say that you expect to do something like that together at least once a week, but she should feel free to dress more often than that if she chooses. An open free flowing dialogue is the best. Most of us hid ourselves for years, so having someone to talk to and share this aspect to our lives with is a gift. You are a gift for her.

Rhonda

Greenie
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Yay! I am glad that it all worked out.

See the problem now is, that my BF joined the forum yesterday and he is going to see this and my own surprise would be RUINED! lol.

But I think the most valuable lesson for everyone else on this forum is... Find a girlfriend named KAE/KAY because apparently there are tons of us. ( I have already met two more on the forum BTW)

Also about the once a week thing. I think that as a couple its valuable to try to make a time like that once a week regardless. I would maybe explain that to him and tell him that femme mode is welcome but not required. It might also be nice for him to experience just being open with you. I would be worried that if you do it every week or on the same day or whatever, it would turn into a routine that "you created." I think that someone else gave the advice to just make it known he can dress whenever but I would make sure he knows you are trying to make him comfortable NOT trying to control his dressing on your schedule. That's the only thing I would be worried about. :) Ya know?

Sally24
05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
My wife and I and sometimes my daughter like to do a "Day of Beauty" every once and awhile. We have picked up inexpensive things in yard sales to help. There is a messaging foot bath for everyone. A parafin treatment for your hands. We sometimes do the mask thing or we have a facial steamer that is lovely. And of course manicures and pedicures for all! And a stack of fun chick flicks like "The Holiday" "The Women" "Bedazzled" and other favorites. If you can find a footbath with the rotating/messaging piece for your insole buy it. I haven't had a real pedicure yet but the feeling of this on my insole tells me that a real foot massage must be heaven!

Glad you both enjoyed the evening!

Allison Chaynes
05-22-2013, 10:18 PM
There's always the "hide a sexy outfit under the sheets and send him to the bedroom to find it and change" fun that always ends well...

Lucy Long Legs
05-23-2013, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=Lorileah;3197521]:yt:

And personally most the TG movies just make me angry because they reinforce the bad stereotypes. And the ones I WOULD recommend are a little heavy for fun date night.

Yes I'm with Lorileah on this one. I hate to see other CDs when I'm dressed. Ask him to dress the way he wants to and then tell him how feminine he is, even if you have to be economical with the truth. That's what does it for me. Have fun!

2B Natasha
05-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey Kay

So. How did it go?

RebeccaLynne
05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Kay, good to read your "girls night in" was a blast! I think it's so important to your SO that you cared enough to plan the evening, and make it special... and "Connie And Carla" was a great choice, in that it showcased girls dressing as guys... just the kind of lighthearted flick two girlfriends would enjoy watching! :thumbsup:

I saw someone on here wrote about doing it every week? I like that idea too, but I don't want him to mistake the suggestion for me asking him to dress ONLY once a week. How should I go about that?

Kay, you're really a sweetheart. To think that you wouldn't want to limit her gender expression speaks volumes. As long as you're comfortable in accomodating her desires to dress whenever she pleases in your presence, I see absolutely no problem.

I like all the suggestions you've received thus far, particularly trying on different outfits, painting each other's nails, and watching chick-flicks and CD'ing-themed movies. I'd also recommend card games such as Blackjack, Poker, and Rummy; board games like Monopoly, and (my personal favorite), Chess.

Just remember to let your nails dry thoroughly prior to shuffling the cards or cutting the deck... 'course, you can always play chess 'til they're completely dry! :heehee:

FeliCD
05-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi Kay...glad it went well for you both...many great suggestions here...how about doing pedicures on each other and a foot massage...Pick outfits out for each other and take turns getting dressed, a few glasses of wine and some dancing, etc....sometimes it's the little things that go a long way, maybe a new nail polish when you come home from your shopping day, some false eyelashes and an offer to "makeover"..