PDA

View Full Version : Half man, half woman ?

Ineke Vashon
05-21-2013, 04:37 PM
This morning, while walking downtown, I noticed a man ahead of me, athletic type with wide shoulders, short hair, t-shirt, back pack, except that he was wearing a mini skirt and wore earrings.

I happened to be walking in the same direction for two blocks so, sleuth that I am :eek:, I started to carefully look for any type of reaction from the people he passed, folks sitting on benches in the sun and in a outdoor cafe. To my surprise, and perhaps not so surprising, nobody gave him a second glance.

Just an observation,

Ineke

Wildaboutheels
05-21-2013, 04:39 PM
SOP for Florida.

Angela Campbell
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Not too much will surprise people here in Tampa. Florida is just eat up with TG people!

Annie M
05-21-2013, 05:48 PM
No surprise, I have noticed that no one notices, or at least they don't appear to. The fear of going out in public is mostly in our own head perhaps because we as a group do pay particular attention to appearances. Has anyone ever been clocked by another CD or TS?

Vanessa5
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I have found my own fear is what keeps me inside. After a short while out, my nerves calm down and I blend in for almost all the people I interact with. I have had a few that gave me the stink eye, but I move on ignoring them.

Beverley Sims
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
It is our own fear that keeps us back.
San Francisco is another place that people hardly bat an eye.

Rachelakld
05-22-2013, 02:47 AM
I find the same, nobody really cares wether I'm flat chested in a corset, or big breasts in a tight top

noeleena
05-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Hi,

Rachel . its a bit different for myself down here in Timaru & Oamaru & Waimate where we live, * i think it would be if i were up your way. Palm'e & Fielding & Wellington .

Iv neverr been any where & not have people look at myself, Just the way it is for this kid, even being female does not give myself the female look .

As has been proved this last 3 weeks, concerning a group i was going to join & was invited to , 3 out of 14 women rejected this kid , 3 i know tryed to get the other 3 to accept myself as a full member, yet i was with over 60 of our 11 groups was / seemed to be no issues then or had been over the last two years.

We had 7 in our close knit group just loved it, because we could not get more to join us we disbanded so for now im in limbo.

What has been said to me if the other 3 move away or resign the other s will accept me as a member. so a long wait is my thinking on that,

You know what i cant change how i look & that has allways been my disadvantage as a woman, except this time its done myself over, so there you are not allways so easy being a female / woman who's different,.....oh well. a hard lesson i can tell you.

...noeleena...

linda allen
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
This morning, while walking downtown, I noticed a man ahead of me, athletic type with wide shoulders, short hair, t-shirt, back pack, except that he was wearing a mini skirt and wore earrings.

I happened to be walking in the same direction for two blocks so, sleuth that I am :eek:, I started to carefully look for any type of reaction from the people he passed, folks sitting on benches in the sun and in a outdoor cafe. To my surprise, and perhaps not so surprising, nobody gave him a second glance.

Just an observation,

Ineke

Well, I wear earrings. :heehee:

You don't say where you were, but different parts of the world or country and even different parts of the same city make a big difference in peoples reactions to something out of the ordinary. Even the time of day makes a difference.