PDA

View Full Version : How do you act?

Kate Simmons
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm just wondering how do you act and what do you talk about and do when you are with other CD's? Do you act like a girl or are you just yourself? Do you talk about girly things, guy things or both? What do you do together as a group? Do you feel normal talking to and associating with other "girls" or do you feel weird?

How we perceive ourselves and others goes a long way because we have to accept ourselves for who we are if we want so called "mainstream" people to because how we act when together will likely determine how they will act and react towards us. If we show it's normal for us then that's most likely how we will be treated. Believe it or not our behavior as groups and as individuals is watched by others.:)

Antoinette
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm almost never around other CD'ers. But the people I am around I'm myself. Not girly at all. I guess I'd fit the tomboy persona. I usually talk conversate about various things from t.v shows, video games, clothes, hair, art, and lots of others but nothing specific. I was never very macho so there's no need for me to play two roles. I'm the same character just different name and appearance

Sally24
05-22-2013, 09:06 AM
A little bit of everything. Obviously we talk about clothes and shoes and accessories because we are commenting on each others outfits. We do talk about other things too but the focus is mainly on fashion or family because we are friends and are concerned about each other. Some would say that I act more feminine when out but I think that I just don't have to restrain or cover myself when not in male mode. I just found out that when some of my friends are joking around about me that they use their hands alot. I don't consciously do it but I have noticed that I get very expressive with my hands, to the point of putting any bottles in range in danger! lol

When I first arranged to meet a group of CDs, about 7 years ago, I was apprehensive. I thought it would be weird. What I wasn't prepared for was the immense feeling of kinship or sisterhood that we immediately felt! We got back from the club at 2:30am and then spent the next 2-3 hours just talking about ourselves and growing up. It has been a great relief to be able to have friends that understand me and with whom I can talk freely about anything.

What we do together is what women do together normally. We meet and have a few drinks, talk, sing Karaoke and laugh, dance when the music strikes us. In smaller groups of 2 or 3 we go out shopping, do lunch, take pictures of each other and our surroundings. One thing that has changed over the years is the public's reaction to us. We used to get a pretty steady stream of people who wanted to know what we were all about. I mean EVERY time we went out. We still have plenty of people approach us but there isn't that expression of puzzlement like they have never heard of transgender people before. I think it is a positive sign that our being out and honest about ourselves is helping educate the general public.

Laura912
05-22-2013, 09:28 AM
It would be fun to find out...someday...before the final purge.

Tracii G
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Well said Sally its the same for me.

BillieJoEllen
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
I've known a few that I've gotten to meet in person. I met everyone over the internet. I was always very exited to meet them and we had talked or 'chatted' about everything. It was my hope and desire that after meeting them we would continue talking about some of the things that we talked about online. Everyone I met was reluctant or too embarrassed to talk about those things. I had no problem in trying to get to know them but I did wonder why the unwillingness to talk about the subject that drew us together in the first place. This happen to anyone else?

linda allen
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
The only time I'm with other crossdressers (that I know of) is when I'm on this forum. Of course I'm not physically around them, just virtually.

What do we talk about? Whatever the topic of the current thread is.

There are several crossdressers on this forum that I have a lot of respect for, but I don't know how I would act if I met them in person.

Angela Campbell
05-22-2013, 10:49 AM
I am just me. I guess the only friends I have are TG. The times I am out are when I am me so yes I am girly. It is my natural state. I have to pretend or "act" as a man when at work but that is something that gives me such a fake feeling. It makes me feel so plastic and unreal when I have to do so.

Beverley Sims
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
I feel slighty weird if others are overtly girly or do not present well.
I shrug it away and tend to keep my feminine personna and respond in a feminine manner as much as possible.

Jaylyn
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I enjoyed reading Sally's comments and that the way I would enjoy meeting other CD's. It to me would be easier to go out in a group than by myself. Especially someone that's so down to earth as Sally seems and her experience would settle my nerves. I have talked to my wife about if there was a CD's convention where there were a lot attending and I could just blend I might want to attend it. She said she would go with me and learn some new makeup tricks. Guess she would be my rock in that situation. Some of us Texas dressers have discussed the very thing.

Kate Simmons
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty flexible myself and can talk about anything with anyone. That is part of the "problem". Once I start talking to someone it's hard to get me to shut up sometimes 'cause I'm a regular "chatty Cathy".:heehee: In any case. I'm pretty approachable and will usually break the ice myself. I met some new folks at last weekend's TG/CD themed weekend at the local LGBT resort near me, Rainbow Mountain. I'm pretty much open to anything a gal group wants to do together, short of robbing a bank that is.:) My personal forte is dancing, however and I really love it when I can get other gals out on the dance floor as the positive energy flow is fantastic. Being a woman can be a lot of fun if we allow it to be.:battingeyelashes::)

Lorileah
05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
I am me, they are them. :) You can ask a few on here but I am sarcastic, mean, and totally stuck up.

After the usual compliments of how wonderful we look (and we do) then everyday things come up (life, family, sports, work...)

carhill2mn
05-22-2013, 12:23 PM
When I am presenting as a woman, whether I am with other CDs or not, I try my best to act like a lady. I prefer that the conversation be about things that are of interest to all parties and general in nature. I do not enjoy concentrating on just "woman talk" or just "man talk"; ie., just normal conversation.

Frédérique
05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm just wondering how do you act and what do you talk about and do when you are with other CD's? Do you act like a girl or are you just yourself? Do you talk about girly things, guy things or both? What do you do together as a group? Do you feel normal talking to and associating with other "girls" or do you feel weird?

I’ve never met another CD face to face, but, if I did, I would probably be sizing the person up along lines of commitment (I won’t expound upon that, because I know I’m being carefully watched). I’d either be mortified, stunned, inspired, or none of the above. There’s no one-upmanship possible (obviously), and no rivalry in the offing, so I would probably steer the conversation towards sports or the weather and see if I could somehow reveal the man under the femme finery. We would laugh together, I promise. More likely, I WOULD feel weird – in my case, this is like a hermit meeting an ascetic, you know…
:sad:

Kate Simmons
05-22-2013, 07:44 PM
What you say is one way true guy/girl friendships are made Freddy. :)

AmyGaleRT
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM
When I'm dressed as Amy, I am doing my best to be Amy. That includes how I sit, act and speak; I've been complimented on my Amy-voice. I even have the habit of sometimes reaching up and twirling my hair with my fingers (what I think of as the "blonde gesture" :D).

As for what I talk about, mostly I've been around other CDs in a group meeting setting, so it's a bit of a facilitated discussion. I actually don't say much, I just listen and absorb for the most part...at least, for now. I'm still in training, and I'm going to be for awhile yet. :)

- Amy

TeresaCD
05-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I have only this week been out for the first time en femme, and met other girls.
It was such a release to realise that it's ok to be me, not some over the top floosie. (drag queen stereotype)
I realise that I can be me, while also working on softening my voice, walking, standing and sitting like a lady.
And the other ladies - amazing! We talked about a whole range of things, from girly stuff to politics!

A more experienced girl recently told me this - most people see you from a distance.
If you look 'right' (shape, demeanour etc), most won't give you a second glance