PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't like summer

cathie pantyhose
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
It's simple, the kids are out of school and home most days. I work from home so when they are in school, I dress all day till they come home. I get a few days a month when they go to a specialty camp (soccer camp during the day for the boy and a music camp for the girl - only till noon for both) and one entire week when they do the sleep away camp for the week but most days they are home for the 110 days or so.

I love my kids but man they cramp the Cathie in me. Tomorrow is the last day for me to dress again all day until third week of June when they do sleep away camp. After that it's minimal off and on. The one for sure way I get to dress somewhat is when I road ride my bike. I usually always wear woman's cycling shorts when I ride which are shorter than mens plus I pull them up a little higher above mid thigh for more sun tan on my smooth gams. I can't run in my skorts though.

Maybe I'll get bold and dress at night a few times when I hope everyone stays upstairs for bed.

Wearing today:

Navy patent 4" pumps
Aristoc suntan glossy pantyhose
Aqua blue microfiber panties
A blue push up bra
A navy, red and white tank top dress
and a smile!

suzy1
05-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I can really sympathise Cathie. I spent years in this situation myself.

I like what you are wearing but I love your smile.:)

Chin up girl.

Hugs

~Joanne~
05-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't have kids but I don't have AC either so I hate summer because on most days it's too hot to dress. Take today for instance, it started off cool and cloudy and rained a bit but now it's clear and the sun is doing a number on me lol I feel like i am melting. How about a few pictures of your outfit ? ;)

famousunknown
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I love my kids but man they cramp the Cathie in me.

Well, I guess it's about priorities, huh?

Beverley Sims
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
I tell you, winter has it's down side too.

Annaliese2010
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Used to be a real summer-lovin girl. Now? Actually? Unbelievably? I prefer cold months. If it wasn't for the humidity, yeah I'd love summer sun. But thing is, it seems easier to control the cold, wearing layers of clothes, than to be comfy in hot humidity. I'm sultry to begin with. That's a problem in more than One way in the hot summertime. :battingeyelashes:

boink
05-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Outfit-wise spring/fall are the best seasons for being able to mix and match in my wardrobe, so summers not my favorite season...but I don't mind summer so much. I'm long past caring about who sees if my arms/legs are shaved (not that I usually wear shorts anyway), and my work schedule actually lightens up over the summer months so I have more time for being me.

Stephanie47
05-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Cathie, I know your pain. Although my kids are long gone from the home, I'm married to a school teacher. Last day of school is mid June. First day back is the first Wednesday after Labor Day. Sigh! I do get favorable temperatures around here from April into October. It would really be nice to have the summer also to hang out in the backyard in the sun. We are also hit up each year for free child care during the summer. I still get to buy on eBay and in store, but, alas, an entire day of trying on those purchases has to wait. I'm way past trying to grab a couple of hours and watching out the window for my wife to come home. It's not worth it.

Diane1950
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
In the summer, I can't wear a bra outside (too hard to hide under a T shirt) or silky panties or pantyhose (uncomfortable in the heat, at least for me).That's what I hate lol