PDA

View Full Version : Is hanging with your vanilla guy friends cool or mondo boring!?

docrobbysherry
05-22-2013, 08:37 PM
It always has been boring for me. Even 25 years before I began dressing. Just a little of that: one upsmanship BS, and "what about those Dodgers", and "u should have seen the tail I got last weekend", and I'm bored to death.:brolleyes:

I don't seem to have that problem with CD/TS's. Most rarely try to top whatever I've done. They're usually simply interested to learn and possible expand their horizons. As am I in their experiences.:)

I've never talked sports with dressers in person. It just doesn't seem relevant or important!:straightface:

And, I've never heard a dresser brag about his/her sexual exploits in person. All tho, sex has occasionally come up one on one when discussing an SO.:heehee:

Dressers like to talk about going out, (sneaking or otherwise). Who with, where, and when. And, a lot of talk about clothes choices, makeup, accessorizing, etc. :battingeyelashes:

So, do u enjoy hanging with your vanilla guy friends? If so, why?:thumbsup: If not, why?:thumbsdn:

kimdl93
05-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Gosh, I hardly have any guy friends, now that I think of it.

Samantha45
05-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Totally hear ya on this! Sooo boring and stupid for the most part! I guess that's why I preferred hanging with women...besides the CDing. More interesting conversations!

Rogina B
05-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I will stick with the GGs,Ls and Ts,and TS's! I have not wanted to make a gut friend "to hang with" as long as I can remember!

Elsa Larson
05-22-2013, 09:04 PM
There are (or were) exceptions. At my first ever visit to a transgender support group, most of the other attendees were men wearing dresses who talked about cars, sports and politics.

<yawn>
Elsa

Bree Wagner
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
My (vanilla) friends going back all the way to high school are the absolute best friends I could ever ask for. Whenever I get the chance to see them I usually end up on the floor laughing about something.

I've made a lot of good TG friends in the past year and I'm thrilled that I have, but it takes time to develop the type of friendship I have with my male friends. I know right off the bat that I share at least one 'interest' with the TG folks I meet, but the reason my other friends are my friends is because we share so many interests.

-Bree

mikiSJ
05-22-2013, 09:40 PM
I had to laugh at your post:

I was walking along a main thoroughfare this afternoon, in drab, and I heard some idiot teenager hooting from a car and I turned around to see two women (mid-20s) with infants in strollers. They were doing a fast walk and I let them pass. As the passed, a fellow about my age pulled up alongside me and remarked about the "nice view" of the buttocks of the two women.

Well, it certainly was a pleasing view, but what really caught my attention is the gal on the left had on a thong that was clearly visible through her leggings. Oh well, while I still like girls, I guess my priorities are changing.

ossian
05-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I love the title of your post, but sadly I have to deviate.

I have a lot of people I know and each of them are into different cool things and many of those things, activities and ideas .... from these people are pretty cool!

Tracii G
05-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Depends on what they are talking about when the sex talk starts I usually leave the convo and talk to the women folk.
All the sex and sports stuff bores the heck out of me.
Did you see the game? Umm what game?

karinels
05-23-2013, 01:50 AM
My best friend has known I dress for a few years now. We have always had similar interests so our conversations usually dont bother me no matter what the topic. I do, however, find myself getting bored during extended visits when we might be fishing, mudding, or working on one of our vehicles when I feel the need to be donning a skirt and heels. I know he would accept it if I femmed up to hang out, but I am not quite ready to be that out yet, although that time is coming.

Rogina B
05-23-2013, 05:42 AM
Did you see the game? Umm what game?
Tracii,I think that is something they do in "their mancave"..and I don't want to go into one of them!

Angela Campbell
05-23-2013, 05:49 AM
I don't have any friends that are not TG. But I never much liked being around men much anyway.

Jaylyn
05-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Since I retired I really don't hang too much with any men. My wife and myself are about it except the grand kids, and our children which we see them all on every other year for the Holidays ( we have to share with the other side as all four are married). I was before married hanging with other men that were always related to my many professions over my working years. Even though I enjoyed being with them I always would have rather been with the girls. Once to help out on college expenses I worked in the college library. Myself and one other guy were the only males in employment. I really enjoyed the work and interacting with all the other gals. They were from college age to 80. They were always teasing me with me about their conversations being boring to a college athlete, but really I was hanging on their every word and taking it all in. Back in the late sixties there was many freedom move,nets going on and many were dressed in all sorts of crazy outfits, free love, peace, live and let be. I seemed to have gone back to some of that in my old age now. I can dress and be free to be what I enjoy. I still listen to the oldies and get my guitar out and play along with some of hem on the XM 60's. just hard to play with the 44DD forms on..... Lol my wife is now my best friend and partner in crime so I don't need to brag or prove anything anymore just a great place to be at. Truly free to do what I want.... Jaylyn

Jana
05-23-2013, 07:06 AM
I never cared for the usual macho combo of pro sports, oneupmanship and womanizing. Not only is it boring, but also I don't have much to add since I don't follow pro sports, I'm not interested in being "da badass", and abhor any chauvinistic (and/or homophobic) talk. It figures why over the years I only managed to remain good friends with one guy (who is openly gay, btw).

Kate Simmons
05-23-2013, 07:30 AM
I honestly don't have any "vanilla" guy friends RS. If I did , I probably wouldn't hang out with them that much. Gets kinda boring talking about beer, pizza, cars, sports and women after awhile ya know?:battingeyelashes::)

ArleneRaquel
05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Usually boring, but if the subject gets to politics it can get hot & heavy.

Krististeph
05-23-2013, 07:53 AM
my 'vanilla' buddies: I usually don't 'hang', if we get together to do stuff, cycling, motorcycling, school, cars, flying, or whatever- we do it, maybe have a beer, and split.

We know enough not to bore each other...

hey, maybe ALL of my friends are crossdressers!

NicoleScott
05-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Doc, I'm a part-time dresser, like I'm a part time hunter, fisherman, handyman, sports fan, cook, dishwasher, yard man, etc. I have guy friends that I like to be with, but it's always nice to get some alone time for what I like to do by myself. I'm neither overtly feminine nor masculine in guy mode, just my normal plain vanilla self. There are some guy friends that put on a macho-man image, but I see through it and can only shake my head when I see it.

Lynn Marie
05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Although I'm much, much closer to my CD girlfriends as we all share a wonderful common secret, I still enjoy the company of my male friends. We just will always have to live with a little distance between us. We are, by nature, competitors with one another in addition to being sure to send the correct messages to one another.

Beverley Sims
05-23-2013, 08:57 AM
My guy friends are a small select group and one upsmanship does not wash with us.
None of us are better than the other and we do not smoke, drink or go out with bad women.....
Drinking and smoking are only by coincidence we have nothing against any vices.
Our wives wouldn't let us.
We do look at women, if we didn't I think we would then be dead from the waist down.
I really do not have vanilla friends, as you describe.
Other friends of a different lifestyle are a mixed bunch and we tend to keep to ourselves and do meet socially for coffee and social interaction on occasions.

Frédérique
05-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Is hanging with your vanilla guy friends cool or mondo boring!?

You know, I don’t have any “vanilla” guy friends, or ANY guy friends at present. Years ago I had many male artist friends, and all they talked about were women, drinking, and their various drug exploits. I felt out of place, so I gradually went underground in my own life and kept to myself. I think I seem cool to other males (they’ve told me so), and I’m definitely NOT boring. Hanging with male friends would be mondo boring, so I avoid the situation entirely…
:straightface:

Taylor Ray
05-23-2013, 09:48 PM
is that like vanilla ice friends? because they are super fresh

Barbara Maria
05-24-2013, 01:45 AM
It depends. If it's like guys I've known that talk about sports and hunting and what studs they are,it's a drag. The circle of people I work with and hang out with now usually talk mostly about music. That I enjoy.

JamieTG
05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I really don't have masculine guy friends that I hang out with anymore. I don't feel comfortable in that situation. I prefer my women friends and feeling like one of the girls.