PDA

View Full Version : Palazzo Pants for the Win!

Michelle Fox
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
The other night our family was playing a board game with my wife's parents. It's an older game named Gender Gap. It's basically a game where guys are one team and girls on the other. Questions are asked about the opposite gender. For instance girls have to answer questions about hardware and automotive topics and guys have to answer questions regarding fashion and beauty. I think you know what happened.

It came down to the last question for the guys team. The topic, fashion, the question was, "What are palazzo pants?". The answers are mutiple choice, but I wouldn't be a closet fashionista if I didn't know that. My mother-in-law leaned over and asked my wife if she knew the answer. She said, no and she was so confident that no one on the guy's team would get it right.

My team mates were no help of course. As soon as they read the correct choice, I immediately picked it and the guys won. Talk about shock and awe. I may have outed myself a little that night, but I guess I wanted to win so badly. I was expecting my wife to ask me later that night how I would know the right answer, but she never asked. Don't ask, don't tell I guess ;).

Julie Denier
05-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a game I played years ago called Battle of the Sexes. The guys won because I knew what espadrilles were and that RuPaul was spokesperson for MAC ;)

Beverley Sims
05-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't ask and you will be told no lies.
It will all pass into the sands of time.

Barbra P
05-23-2013, 09:39 AM
There is always the Jeopardy excuse. I turned on the TV a few minutes before my show was scheduled to start and there was some game show still on, might have been Jeopardy, and the question was ... I just remembered that the answer was palazzo pants and I remember thinking how that would be my luck if I got on a game show, getting some goofy question like that and having absolutely no clue about the answer.