PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine burns off the Pink Fog

NikiMichelle
05-22-2013, 10:43 PM
I love the summer and warm weather but it does create an internal conflict for me.

Living in Western Canada provides for long winters and very short summers. As I am a stay behind closed doors CD the winters provide me lots of time to CD. However, being a very outdoors kind of guy I spend as much time as I can outside when the weather warms up. The downside to that is far less time to CD.

I panic in the winter if I don't dress every other day however I seem to be able to go quite a long time between dressing sessions in the summer with minimal stress...the Pink Fog tends to go away until rainy days!

I feel a little confused or hypocritical when I seem to have two different degrees of how much of a CD I am depending on what season it is????

BTW I am not stressed over this but just find it "odd".

Do others feel this way?

sarahNZ
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Not me, I like the sun and the skirts. Im going to get that bikini tan one of these days.:heehee:

Beverley Sims
05-22-2013, 11:44 PM
There is a certain amount of frustration built up when you are unable to dress.
Short gaps in between are ok but if the urge takes you and there are longer periods it is downright cruel.

Jaylyn
05-22-2013, 11:46 PM
I do not dress outside of my house with a few exceptions, living in the country I can go out in shorts and flops with my toes painted as I can watch if anyone is approaching the house. I can sit on the huge back porch I have and watch the sun set in the west dressed. Since I am retired I am remodeling the house and actually did some work inside in my new heels while dressed all the way. ( trying to wear them some and break them in). I have walked to the mail box in some of my shorty shorts and flops while having my toes painted. So really summers are great in Texas but just so hot during mid afternoon one really doesn't want to dress in much any way. Winters and rainy days always gets my juices started as I know I'm staying in and dressing up....except during deer reason then I'm totally male mode, just hard to climb the ladder bow stand in heels and harder to pull my bow with my breast forms.... Lol... Jaylyn

Barbara Maria
05-23-2013, 02:01 AM
It doesn't matter much to me because it gets so brutally hot here in the summer that I usually stay inside with the air on.I sometimes go out back in the morning in short shorts and a tank top to get some sun,but by noon,forget about it.When I'm home I never go a full day without dressing.

linda allen
05-23-2013, 06:28 AM
If I have something else to do that I enjoy, I can go without dressing.

MissTee
05-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Being in the sun (UV-B rays) helps with vitamin D production, which in turn can lift one's mood. Being inside too often, or wintering in North America (not enough UV-B in winter) impacts Vitamin D levels negatively if you don't take supplements. Besides, if you're like me being inside too long becomes rather dreary and drains the mood, thus I reach for the dress :)

UNDERDRESSER
05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Being in the sun (UV-B rays) helps with vitamin D production, which in turn can lift one's mood. Being inside too often, or wintering in North America (not enough UV-B in winter) impacts Vitamin D levels negatively if you don't take supplements. Besides, if you're like me being inside too long becomes rather dreary and drains the mood, thus I reach for the dress :) A recent study didn't find much increase in Vitamin D, but it did find lowered blood pressure!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this Summer, ( also in Alberta ) as my new landlord knows i wear skirts, and I'm going to be walking outside in one, as soon as opportunity presents. I don't expect any screams from neighbors, and as long as no-one calls the police, I'll be sitting out in the garden like that. Though to maximize tanning, I might wear very short running shorts instead. Hmm, skirt and no shirt? What do you think?

JamieTG
05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm just the opposite. I get winter depression because of not enough sunlight so I'm not in the mood. I feel so much better in the summer that my feminine desires are much stronger.

Dawn cd
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm a borderline dresser who like to fly just under the radar. That's harder to do in the summer when bra-lines show through a teeshirt and I have to give up hosiery while wearing shorts. On the other hand, I can get away with capris and sandals, so it kinda balances out.

Krista1985
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM
I feel the same way as the OP,

And like her I'm not concerned about it, but I do find it odd. There are a couple of possible reasons though. It's 'Vacation season' so you may leave town or have visitors come to stay. For parents, kids are milling around out of school. The heat, my wig is like an oven for my head and neck on the super warm days. There's so much going on from festivals to concerts and other outdoor events to enjoy, and if you are not out and about as an open CD, all these things take time away from dressing time. I don't stop dressing completely in the summer, and it's still on my mind at times. I just act on it less often. Then fall hits and it's back to dressing to some degree or another darn near every day.

I've often wondered if CD's in the seasonless or always sunny/snow-bound places notice a variation.

kimdl93
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
To each their own applies to seasons too!

Frédérique
05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Sunshine burns off the Pink Fog I love the summer and warm weather but it does create an internal conflict for me.

I definitely do less crossdressing during the summer. In any event, I’m too far from the gender sea to entertain any pink fog. However, if the Sun shines I get to see my femme shadow…
:battingeyelashes:

RenneB
05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
The hardest part for me was getting past the front door. Once I did that, the weather didn't much bother me. When it get's over 70 or so, the car has a/c and so do the malls.... I'd have a hard time just walking around in the hot humid weather in either mode.

When I was living with the SO, the summer was the worst time as school was out and the offspring were home all day. So packed up Renne until school started up again and the SO went back to work and the offspring were back in school. That left me with M-F 8-2....hated to hear that bus running down the street as it meant, TIME'S UP. Now, I'm a bazillion miles away from the family and get to dress whenever.... that is 'cept work.

So enjoy the times when you can get into the comfy clothes and when you're not, think about the various outfits that would go good the next time.... it fills my brain with happy thoughts when I'm at work at least....

Renne.....