PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your ladies things?

Jaylyn
05-23-2013, 08:47 AM
I have been buying a lot of new makeup and women's attire. I had a suit case under my bed but it is full. I am wondering how everyone that hasn't came out yet hides their things from wife, family (if you have one), SO's (that don't know about you yet) and in case you get killed in a vehicle accident where are they going to find your stash. My wife knows and approves of my dressing, she even helps and would see that every thing was gone before the kids come in for the funeral, but I have thought if we are both injured or dead how will your family find out your secret. Do any of you have suggestions if we don't want them to know after we are gone. Where are some good places or concealments. I keep some of my dresses my wife and I share some mixed in with her wardrobe, but I have my own makeup, wig and heels that are size 14 and 15 ( just hard to hide that or say its the wives) Give me some ideas...I have thought of making friends with another CD if I could find one close that would have a key ad if something happened to me and wife could dispose of any tell tale signs and I would do the same for them...kind of an insurance policy I guess? Some of us just really cant afford to be tagged before or after death....Any thoughts?

Denise Shelly
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
When I was in the closet I used to keep everything a large locked toolbox in the shop. Now the SO has made a spot in the closet for my stuff.
My stuff is in the closet not me now lol

~Joanne~
05-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I wish I had a solid solution for you but I don't. Maybe if you have an attic? not a full one where people can walk in but a crawl space one, that may work. I don't think though that if you both passed at the same time you should worry about it at that point. Maybe write a note explaining things and leave it where it can be found. At least then they wouldn't be trying to put the pieces together and you would have said what you couldn't all those years.

Even when I wasn't "out" to my SO, I kept my girl things next to my male things because we don't share closets. she has her's, I have mine and we respect each others space. Now that I am, the girl side has expanded to where it's pretty visible. That and I have a shoe rack full of heels ;)

Jaylyn
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
I understand the shoes....Joanne I only have a couple pair heels so far but want some more for some reason (a lot more). I just keep on buying and storing them under the bed. Was just thinking about all this and was thinking where am I going with this and how am I going to keep all the clothes especially when I have to be the Grand pa to so many grandsons and only one granddaughter. I do love dressing but love the family more.

NicoleScott
05-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Since my wife, who knows and accepts, is as committed as I am to otherwise keeping me in the closet, we have discussed what would happen if something should happen to me. She will get rid of everything. All my things are stored in three duffel bags on a closet shelf, so it will be easy for her to get rid of everything. But if for some reason word would get out after I'm gone, what difference would it make? None.

Laura28
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
I keep it all in my closet my wife knows and is ok with me dressing, i have one area of the closet that i hang all my stuff, dresses pants tops. My make up i keep in a make up bag under my sink in our bathroom . Shoes are on the rack in my closet next to my male shoes.It would be up to my wife to disposse of everything if something were to happen to me. Our kids really dont go into our closet and if they have then they have seen everythig but have never said anything. Most of the time my stuff is in my suitcase i travel almost every week and do most of my dressing in a hotel will i am on the road.

Karren H
05-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Personally I don't care if my kids or family do find out after I'm gone..... mainly cause I'll be dead! lol I don't really care if they find out about it now.... though the wife does..... at one time I had built hidden compartments into bathroom cabinets..... still have a few that I didn't dismantle after the wife found out.... there's a service I read about that will come into your home and remove anything you don't want people to find out about... for a fee...... I think I'll hire the to come in and remove my extensive collection of womens jeans.... :D

bobbimo
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Personally I don't care if my kids or family do find out after I'm gone..... mainly cause I'll be dead! lol I don't really care if they find out about it now.... though the wife does..... at one time I had built hidden compartments into bathroom cabinets..... still have a few that I didn't dismantle after the wife found out.... there's a service I read about that will come into your home and remove anything you don't want people to find out about... for a fee...... I think I'll hire the to come in and remove my extensive collection of womens jeans.... :D

You and I are on the same wave Karren.
My wife knows and there are no boy clothes in my closet. My bathroom only has my boy shaving stuff and that's it for 3 drawers worth of makeup and do dads.
When your gone there will be tears enough and if someone discovers you liked to wear women's clothes, then maybe they might discover that its not the end of the world, and your little discovery will help to open the minds of a few more people.
Bobbi

MysticLady
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
I have been buying a lot of new makeup and women's attire. I had a suit case under my bed but it is full. I am wondering how everyone that hasn't came out yet hides their things from wife, family (if you have one), SO's (that don't know about you yet) and in case you get killed in a vehicle accident where are they going to find your stash.

Hi Sweetie, Now that I live alone I still need to stash my stuff since I have more visitors now than when I was at home. I have this armoire thing that has @ 7 drawers. When there's a will there's a way. I devised this hidden lock system for the lower four drawers that would take quite a bit of effort to figure out. I figure if any visitors would try to figure it out, they would get so frustrated and either quite trying or bash the thing to pieces to get in which either way I'd know who was trying:D

My wife knows and approves of my dressing, she even helps and would see that every thing was gone before the kids come in for the funeral, but I have thought if we are both injured or dead how will your family find out your secret. Do any of you have suggestions if we don't want them to know after we are gone.

Jaylyn, At this point, who cares.............I think we'll have other more important things on our hearts:)

Beverley Sims
05-23-2013, 10:50 AM
When it was necessary many years ago I limited my collection to a large suitcase.
That was it... The limit had been reached.

mikiSJ
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I keep my lingerie in one of my wife's drawers, but have rented a locker at a local CD social club for everything else.

~Joanne~
05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I think I'll hire the to come in and remove my extensive collection of womens jeans.... :D

lmao they'll be there all day now won't they? I love sarcasm lmao

Daryl
05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Since I live alone my lingere is in my dresser drawers and the rest of my clothes are in my closets. Don't have any male clothes and shaving gear in the bathroom.

Beth Wilde
05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Post-death, it won't matter to you....

Lorileah
05-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I hope by the time I go everyone who needs to know will know.

In RE: keeping things, I have 3 closets, half a dozen storage containers (rubbermade), drawers, the livingrooom floor and the hall bath. Three years ago I had boxes and suitcases.

Shirley Anne
05-23-2013, 12:01 PM
My wife knows about my dressing, we have four close one each separate and share the other two, a make up drawer each and a lingerie drawer each, shoes,some in the closets others scattered about the bedroom, which is our private space and we don't have any family living with us, should anyone find out after were gone I don't think I,ll be too bothered about it.

Jaylyn
05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Lorileah
In RE: keeping things, I have 3 closets, half a dozen storage containers (rubbermade), drawers, the livingrooom floor and the hall bath. Three years ago I had boxes and suitcases.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm at a point where I need to add more room in the house if I am going to keep up with Lorileah...already have a three bedroom house and a den, two out buildings that are 12 x 32s, a 30 x50sq foot fifth wheel and boat storage building,a sea container for all the junk,( mostly what the kids left but still want). and a small oil tank that I converted to a storage for all the out door yard equipment, man I dread the new taxes....add all of what I have spent in new clothes, makeup, heels and wigs. I probably could have paid my taxes.

VAWyman
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
In a RubberMade container in the spare bedroom in the basement. My wife knows I dress, but is hostile, so I have to be careful.

Asp
05-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I know before I came out, I kept my lady things in a storage tote in the trunk of my car.

AllieSF
05-23-2013, 01:51 PM

I feel the same way about being found out after I am gone forever. I would love to see the looks on their faces and hear, "I always wondered about Dad." As for storing everything (which is way to much of "everything") it is in my closet, drawers, under my bed in those thing plastic containers, in bags and duffel bags, under the sink and a few women's slacks hanging in a different bedroom closet.

franlee
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Mine is mixed along with my male clothes and my wife's just like everything else, shoes, jewelry and makeup. We share what ever we need or want. Just that simple.

Cheryl Ann Owens
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Me? All of my fem things are everywhere around our second bedrooom and the closet is almost exploding with my clothes. It's only me and wife here and we don't care. My daughters and I'm sure my sisters already know. Everything would most likely go into garbage bags. So if my wife and I saw our demise at the same time, who cares? I'd be dead anyway. I don't think anything more could hurt me. Why even worry about this?

Cheryl

Stephanie47
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
My wife knows but is not accepting. She does not know the amount of clothing I have accumulated over the years. There are fourteen Zerox boxes stacked in the rec room in plain sight; a very large box in my nightstand (the original collection), and a lot of stuff in the closet above the hot water heater. If I die first, I figure my wife will have a lot of nice clothes to wear and could open a retail shop, especially for over four hundred slips! If she dies first, I suspect I'll be selling on eBay. If we die together, well, I being watching the horror show from above. The size 13 shoes will be a giveaway.

laurawulff
05-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Same closet that i use for guy things...being honest, half for Laura, half for The Other

MissTee
05-23-2013, 11:27 PM
My wife knows and supports, but it's our secret. Misty's clothes hang in our master closet on a different colored hangar than my or any other clothes. I put a cipher lock on the closet door when my 24 year old daughter moved in with us as she likes to snoop. If something happens wife and I assume she will take all the Miosty colored hangars and there contents to the Goodwill store. That said, me thinks she will hang on to it for sentimental reasons.

immike
05-24-2013, 01:40 AM
I have a 2nd room,which is a combination den/office,with a keyed deadbolt lock,of which I have the only key&and my stash
of dresses,skirts,blouses,pantyhose&heels is locked in the room

linda allen
05-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Personally I don't care if my kids or family do find out after I'm gone..... mainly cause I'll be dead! ................

That's the realistic approach although I wouldn't want to put my wife (who knows and accepts) through explaining this to everyone else.

To answer the thread topic "Where do you keep your ladies things?", I keep them in my dresser drawers and in our walk in closet. A few are in a closet in an other room. My sister in law dropped by for an unannounced visit from another state and my wife was showing her around the house. When they got to the closet she saw blouses and skirts on both sides. She said to me "Where are your clothes?". There are double racks in the closet and I still have male clothes on the top rack so I quickly pointed to them and said "There and in another closet." She didn't see the (still warm) boobs, wig, and padded panties on the shelf above the lower rack.

I really have way too much stuff!

BTW: Some of the responses would seem to make it so difficult to dress that one would only do it a few times each year. Others seem like the clothes would be wrinkled from storage. I guess you do the best you can though.

Tina B.
05-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Back when I started collecting clothes I kept them in a locked suitcase in the garage, then they moved to a box in the top of the closet, now with the wife's approval they hang in there own closet and fill a dresser drawer kept in said closet. then there are the bags of clothes that I've gotten to big to wear, and keep while planning that diet someday, they fill bags and bags of stuff stashed under the beds in both guest rooms. I should clean it out but I have trouble letting go of anything feminine I've ever had.
It sure helps having an understanding partner, and one that loves to buy me pretty things!

JBPerry
05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Most of my fem clothes (dresses, skirts, blouses) are in the closet of our other bedroom. Don't really have to worry about someone going in there because most people stay around the front of the house unless it's someone who knows......Usually the farthest anybody goes in our house is the bathroom and although close to the other bedroom its not close enough to go into the closet. My jeans and shoes are in the master closet with my male wear....I have shirts from when I was younger or that I've reciveved or bought through the years that could be worn by either sex but I am not getting rid of. I have one set of plastic drawers that I have my male underwear (which is hardly used unless having a uniform inspection), some of my male sleep pants (my favorite sports teams) and my green shirts and shorts for work (those of you that are or were in the marines will understand) my other set of plastic drawers has my bras, panties, tights & pantyhose and my female night clothes......it's a lot fuller than my male drawers obviously.

ginafaye
05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
mostly mixed in with her stuff...and the extra closets with her old things

FelicityMay
05-24-2013, 09:24 PM
im open enough about it that i mix everything together. guy/girl stuff all in the same laundry!
dont care who sees

mmgirl04
05-24-2013, 10:04 PM
I keep mind in Old Backpacks I used for College.

Sindy Lovelace
05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
:battingeyelashes:
in the closet betwen my male clothes and my SO's clothes
X X X

Jacqueline Winona
05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Some are in plain sight, next to my guy clothes, hanging, or in my dresser. Others are in a shed- I live in a temperate climate and don't have to worry about really bad weather. I move the stuff outside around every now and then, and have had some in boxes under beds. My wife knows, does not like it, and would rather it not exist. But I don't tell her everything, there really isn't any point in doing so and she actually prefers not to know much. But the stuff in plain sight really doesn't bother it, its the old hiding in plain sight adage and so long as the skirts, dresses, blouses aren't on me she doesn't seem to mind. It may bother her occasionally, but not enough where we battle over it or she treats me any differently. When I'm dead? I don't really dwell on it, to be honest.

laurie01
05-25-2013, 02:32 AM
The not so obvious things like jean skirts capris and pants I keep with my jeans. Shirts and dresses with similar color to my male shirts I keep together folded up. The stuff that really sticks out like pink and purple colors flowers patterns, shoes, wigs, breast forms, makeup, etc. I keep them in a couple locked file cabinets.

BOBBI G.
05-25-2013, 04:54 AM
In two closets and my chest of drawers and also I use a shelf unit for my daily stuff, shorts, tee's, etc. I no longer own any "male" clothing and live alone, so stealth is not an issue.

maxjohnson
05-25-2013, 11:19 AM
In the same closet with no locks, just organized from my male clothing. And I've completely gotten rid of my male underwears and socks.

marlenesexton
05-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Most of it is in big Rubbermaid bins. I used to have stuff in drawers and dresses in a wardrobe bag but I got rid of a lot of stuff. Not a purge, just old dresses that didn't fit right or old undergarments, stockings with runs. My collection is growing again so I'm wondering how to organize. Beyond that, it's all in out walk in closet, not locks, not hidden, just in some nondescript bins.

Allison Chaynes
05-25-2013, 08:38 PM
I have two dressers, 1/3 of our walk in closet, and part of the closet in my "man cave."

I'm closeted outside of my wife for the most part, so for me trying to sell off some of my stuff on Craigslist has been interesting. I've found that telling people most of the clothes came from winning a storage auction is a plausible excuse...

Vintage4sarah
05-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Sarah is in a "DADT" style of relationship with her wife. Over the years it has evolved from duffle bags in the workshop to a special closet. My wife knows of my stash but it is not obvious. We have a closet off of our family room that is over a descending stairway that I have constructed a false back panel that hides Sarah's stash with space to hang stuff and places for rubbermaid style tubs.

This works very well for me and my wife!

Ressie
05-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Since I've been living alone my closet and drawers are filling up. I remember 25 years ago keeping lingerie in a small suitcase that had a lock.

leotard fan
05-26-2013, 09:14 AM
---now my wife knows what i love to dress i keep it in the closet and in the room, but befere i hide it with the camping material (bag) because she donĀ“t touch that...

Stacey Summer
05-26-2013, 10:02 AM
It's not an issue for me. When I was living with my mother she respected my private space. Now I'm living on my own, my clothes are in draws and the wardrobe alongside my boy clothes. The only people who would clear out my place in the event are people who already know. I do have a thing for making sure my place is tidy though, just in case :P

natalie_cheryl
05-26-2013, 11:36 AM
I keep all of Natalie's clothes in my closest with her winter coat over everything

CarmenSkye
05-26-2013, 11:43 AM
In a storage closet on the other side of the state... FML.

Samantha_Smile
05-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I keep my more expensive clothes in the same wardrobe as my GF.
My less expensive/drawer friendly stuff goes in the drawer below my tshirts.
My underwear and makeup goes in the drawers under my bed.

When I was closeted, in a big ABS plastic chest.

It's better to let your SO know for THIS REASON ALONE :D

Sabrina133
05-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Before i was out of the closet, i kept everything in a locked foot locker. Although i lived by myself, i didnt want overnight guests to go snooping while i was out for PT -- sorry Physical training. Before i deployed for OIF, i purged everything in case something happened to me. WHen i came back, and started buying new clothes, i resurected the footlocker. When i resigned and came out, i put everything in the main closet, and all my make up and stuff in my bathroom. I relegated boy clothes to the guest room closet. When i began living with a guy, i put my girl clothes in my closet with boy close in the guest room. Nowadays, GF and i share closet with me taking one half and her the other half. All my work clothes are the guest room.

Allison Chaynes
05-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Before i was out of the closet, i kept everything in a locked foot locker. Although i lived by myself, i didnt want overnight guests to go snooping while i was out for PT -- sorry Physical training. Before i deployed for OIF, i purged everything in case something happened to me. WHen i came back, and started buying new clothes, i resurected the footlocker. When i resigned and came out, i put everything in the main closet, and all my make up and stuff in my bathroom. I relegated boy clothes to the guest room closet. When i began living with a guy, i put my girl clothes in my closet with boy close in the guest room. Nowadays, GF and i share closet with me taking one half and her the other half. All my work clothes are the guest room.

I too purged right before going over for OIF. After I got back I decided to tell my wife. At that time it was just lingerie and nothing more. I had part of one drawer for my things. Now I have a lot more!

switcheralso
05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
I keep my items all over some panties and bra are in my dresser. Some clothing is stashed in a box with my wig and breast forms. Some items are hanging in a shared closet with my wife. It situation is different.

FrillyShelly
05-28-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm very lucky as I have hired out some office space for my small business. I keep it there :-)

sarahcrossed
05-28-2013, 11:20 AM
i keep my things in the closet an the dresser with my girl friends things where they should be. i love my lady.

stephNE
05-28-2013, 11:57 AM
We have a spare closet in the master bedroom. I put an entry lock on it to keep the kids out. They think we have "important papers" in there.

tabby1975
05-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I know its hard. I tried coming out to my wife several years ago but it didnt turn out like i had hoped for. I kept all my syuff in our fifth wheel camper underneath and when i told her she wanted to see so i thought maybe theres a chance cause she didnt act mad at first so i went and got all my things two great big suitcases well when she opened and seen the clothes she just started yelling and cussing at me then took the gas can that was on the side ot the house by the lawnmower and dumped the gas all over the clothes and burned them. We worked things out sorta she just thinks i dont dress anymore and im back at hiding my stuff even though i had to start all over again. But i hide my stuff in a big tool chest at my work but just recently i told my mom and she is totally accepting of my dressing so now my things are at her house. If i didnt have many options on where to store my stuff i would probably do a nice storage unit one of them that is air conditioned and when i wanted to dress go get my stuff and get a motel room

DanaGirl
05-30-2013, 05:24 AM
i live by myself so i just keep my stuff in the closet. my girl actully like dressing me up so its not a problem there. im a bit nervouse about friends with prying eyes but whatever..

BLUE ORCHID
05-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Jaylyn, All my things are hidden in plane sight in three closets and four of six drawers in my dresser.

Annie M
05-30-2013, 08:24 AM
I had things stuffed in boxes, behind false panels, in suit cases, trunk of my car and places I don't even remember like a closet alcoholic! It wasn't healthy, I lived in fear, did I put that away??? At times the white hot realization that you left out a bra would hit mid day at work so i would run home and hope I was quick enough to hide things.The ritual became a huge burden, so I would purge only to start again a few weeks later. It was an awful cycle. Today I live alone my closet is open things are out. Not hiding, no fear, being honest allows me to breath.

Jennifer Kelly
05-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm single. So I don't have to worry about an SO finding anything. I do have a roommate though, so I have to be semi-discreet. I keep my shoes in their boxes underneath the bed and everything else lives in my bottom dresser drawer, although I'm starting to outgrow that.

sweetchick
05-30-2013, 02:46 PM
My wife knows about my dressing and everything was great, until our 29 year old daughter moved back home back in Dec. I can have the same problem that you have, a snooper at times. I keep most of my women's things in my closet and in the top draws of my high boy in the bedroom. If asked about the closet the cloth's are a overflow from my wife closet. But shoes must be well hidden, since my wife is a size 6, not a size 10 in women's shoes. I keep the doors shut on the closet and so far no problems and no questions. But since most of the extra space in the house, closets etc. are being used by our daughter, my wife has said that my closet is packed, so if you buy more some has to go. Any thing new in the closet and something old has to go. So here is a bag for the thrift store, so before you bring in something else be sure you know what you want to replace it with. Dressing has become more difficult around the house than before much to my disappointment. I was enjoying being able to dress and relax before. It might be easier to just tell her, but with the problems she is experiencing, she does not need something else to deal with right now. Hope she will get thing going right and be able to find her own place some time down the road, but until just have to use caution.