PDA

View Full Version : Lunch break shopping.

jennifercd
05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
This week has been a long week and I decided that at lunch I would hit the kohls near where I work. I was able to try on 4 tops 2 dresses 2 skirts and 2 pairs of jeans. I just wanted to share a few thoughts I had.

The first thought is no one cared that there was a guy shopping alone. No one cared that I was looking at both the male and female clothes. No one cared what I brought into the dressing rooms.

Secondly. Shopping in guy mode sucks. It's honestly just not as fun and the clothes just didn't seem to fit right today. To top it off I don't feel pretty standing in the dressing room in a dress or cute top without makeup or women's shoes. The body and facial hair needs to atleast be gone.

Does anyone else have these thoughts when shopping for women's clothes in guy mode?

Erica Marie
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I know your pain. Earlier in the week I too hit Kohls. No one cared, no second looks. But the cute dress I tried on looked horrible. I havent shopped in girl mode yet. But I think it would make a big difference with the wig and forms. At least I did find a few cute skirts at Goodwill that fit. All we can do is shop some more till we find the perfect outfit.

4mymichelle
05-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Jennifer,

I have also found Kohls to be easy to try on clothes. Although I don't have to do that much anymore because I know more about how their sizing for the lines they carry fits me. If there is anything that doesn't fit or look as good as you first thought, returns are easy. The employees are not going to care what your looking at. Who's to say if you're not getting something for your significant other. I know how you feel about being enfemme rather than drab when shopping. I look at it this way though, think about how fabulous you will look with your new clothes when you get fully dressed. Last item of note, I have bought dresses at 90 percent off on their clearance racks and with additional off coupons costs less than $10 for an over $100 dress. If I had waited to be enfemme, it would have been long gone. Gotta love the bargains. Love to shop. Lol

MsRenee
05-23-2013, 06:52 PM
I agree when shopping for clothing.
If im not dressed I dont luke to try anything on cause I dont feel right.
But get me dressed and in the stores and were trying on everything lol.
Yes Kohls is veey friendly. al thought Ive not had much luck there minus lingerie.
I think once ppl get over the fear of being pointed out they will relax and do what any other girl does.
Renee

suzanne
05-24-2013, 02:18 AM
When I shop, it's either in complete male mode or guy-in-a-dress mode. I don't do full femme because I don't think it works very well for me. When I shop, I never feel uncomfortable. Most of the sales staff I meet either recognize me as a regular customer or they welcome me as if they were trying to make me a regular. And that's as it should be, right? When I want to try on a dress, I ask and they set me up in a change room without hesitation. Female customers are more of a mixed bag. Some smile and nod and I've had a few very pleasant conversations about clothes and shopping. The WORST thing a customer has ever done is ignore me. And that's as it should be, right?

I'm beginning to understand "Retail Therapy" now. Holy Moley, what a rush! When you find that perfect dress that fits just right, you pretty much love it right away. But I ask my SA for a final opinion about the fit. Then when she offers up her compliments, I am over the moon. I know it's just good salesmanship, but that amount of affirmation is intoxicating, and it works, and I leave the store looking forward to my next purchase.

Beverley Sims
05-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Trying n a dress with my trousers on during lunch time does not work either.