PDA

View Full Version : being bisexual crossdresser

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Does being a bisexual or bisexual crossdresser good or bad? Recently my family found out I was bisexual through facebook and it went kind of ok. They accepted me for being who I am but it was hard for me to tell them because I thought I would lose them. However they dont know that I dress up should I wait till I get my own place and tell them or keep it to myself? Also when being bi do cders generally like gg and transgenders

Vickie_CDTV
05-24-2013, 04:15 AM
Depends on how one looks at it. Being bisexual is good, in that there are more people you can date (as the old saying goes.) If you are mostly looking for a relationship with a GG... in that case it isn't such a good thing.

I'd keep your dressing to yourself, if there is no reason for them to know about it. Or, at the very least, at least until you move out and you are not in a volatile situation if the react badly.

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 04:25 AM
What about with dating a transgender and plus I dress occasionally not all the time

Rogina B
05-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Dating a TG sometimes works best as you are both "from the same playground"..so there is little grounds for anxiety that you could otherwise experience. You may as well tell your parents about your desire to dress as I don't think they will disown you over that,either!

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 05:45 AM
I cant tell my father he would kick me out and my mom(she passed away) she beat me

Anyway I am happy for being who I am and I dont care what anyone else think of me anymore. I understand with being bisexual its give me a lot of choices like if I want to date a woman and a mtf transgender(cd, tv, drag queen, etc) it would be ok right

Erica Marie
05-24-2013, 06:23 AM
I am a bisexual cd. I could only ever see myself having a serious relationship with a gg but it is fun to hang out and have fun with other cds as well. Finding a gg that can accept crossdressing is hard enough besides one that can accept being bi also. So for now I opt to stay single just to avoid the pain of trying.

amy101
05-24-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm a bisexual crossdresser and came out to my family tho I thought they would disown. Me they was all very accepting I guess it all depends on who the person is and there own feelings. As to how accepting they r
my advice is tell them and get on with living your life

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 06:44 AM
I agree where you are coming from with me I could see my self with transgender and/or gg but as of now I am still single

Well they know I am bi But they dont know I dress

Kate Simmons
05-24-2013, 07:27 AM
You really don't have to tell them anything Hon, at least not now. You may want to wait to get your own place to go out with people or have a relationship. Then you are not constantly walking on egg shells. I think your best bet is to find someone who is flexible and who likes you for who you are,not what you are. You are very pretty.:)

laurawulff
05-24-2013, 07:35 AM
My family and friends surprised me. I thought (i'm a pessimistic bitch) that they would turn their back on me. I was wrong. Nothing changed. They still love me. I'd separate the fact of being bi and being cross, that are things that go in different ways. Just one piece of advice: if you find someone you like for more than a date, tell her/him about your way of life the soonest possible. Better feel a little pain in the beginning that to be put in the situation of hide or telling your partner too late when the damage can be harder to handle.

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 07:57 AM
I agree where you coming but sometimes I tend to get habit of telling them before I get into a relationship

Beverley Sims
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
I would wait till you get your own place and more than likely this comes along with a different circle of friends.
When you are established you can tell people then what direction you wish to take.
Circumstances has a lot to do with how you will lead your life from now on.

MysticLady
05-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Does being a bisexual or bisexual crossdresser good or bad? Recently my family found out I was bisexual through facebook and it went kind of ok. They accepted me for being who I am but it was hard for me to tell them because I thought I would lose them.

Hi cd, To me this shows that they love you no matter what. Their love is unconditional and no informalities w/ change their minds. You are blessed.

However they dont know that I dress up should I wait till I get my own place and tell them or keep it to myself? Also when being bi do cders generally like gg and transgenders

At this point I don't see them having an issue w/ your CDing. I'm sure they'll be confused which is the norm but your confidence w/ show them that you know where you are and who you are. Best of luck to you sweetie:hugs:

Lorileah
05-24-2013, 10:39 AM
The good thing about being bisexual is that it doubles your chance of a date on a Saturday night. by Woody Allen (also attributed to others)

Is it a good thing? well it makes my life more interesting that is for sure. While I rarely get hit on by a woman when I am dressed, I have met some fascinating men. If I had been repulsed, them I would not have known them (and no I have not slept with any of them...yet). In this setting being bisexual may be more leaning toward the femme side and desiring the experience, if you are TS you may actually be attracted to men more in a straight sense. In my life right now I don't look at gender. I look at the person in general, if they are good, smart, on the same intellectual level as I am and share common likes.

You need to be who you are. Don't let someone else's thoughts prevent you from loving anyone. If you limit yourself, you may miss the best hing you would ever know. And you would limit experiences that you could treasure

MysticLady
05-24-2013, 10:55 AM
In my life right now I don't look at gender. I look at the person in general, if they are good, smart, on the same intellectual level as I am and share common likes.

Just good willed and non judgmental is good enough for me. That would be a close friend indeed.:hugs:

And you would limit experiences that you could treasure

Life is about experiences, w/o them we be dead weight.

flatlander_48
05-24-2013, 12:20 PM
by Woody Allen (also attributed to others)

GAWD, I wish Woody Allen (and whomever else) would NEVER have said that. It just BURNS an ass. It makes it seem that it is the REASON that people are bisexual. NOTHING could be further from the truth. All it actually means is that, for some reason, gender has a lesser priority in how one determines physical and emotional attraction.

To return to the original question, I agree with those here who said be out on your own before you divulge all. There is always the possibility, even though it may be small, that someone will have a definite negative reaction. If that happens, you want to be in a good place, mentally and physically, in order to deal with it. I think the independence and autonomy gained from living on your own helps in dealing with negative situations.

For the record, I personally separate the two identities. Many more people know that I am bisexual compared to those who know I crossdress. Maybe 50-60 as opposed to 3. Coming out is a process and it's good to put thought into it. My thought is that at this time I choose not to invest the time and effort to come out as a crossdresser.

Ashlyn Brooke
05-24-2013, 02:22 PM
As several have said, they know you are bi, so let that one simmer for a while. And as with anything, people need time to absorb things. Don't give them emotional overload. You've kept it hidden so far, so waiting til you move out should not be an issue. And nothing says you have to tell them immediately then. You will have your own privacy, your own schedule and just let day to day life take place. Best wishes.

MMMuah!

Ashlyn

Miriam-J
05-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Without giving in to social pressures, studies show that most people (men and women) would be bisexual, but to varying extents (consider a scale of 1-5 from solidly homosexual to solidly heterosexual). In recent history through most of the world, homosexuality has come to be accepted, but strangely bisexuality still carries a stronger stigma. Just know that deep inside, bisexual is probably the norm so don't worry too much about those "weird" people on one end of the spectrum or the other - or those who refused to accept their own tendencies.

Miriam

Barbara Dugan
05-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't quite understand bisexuality, I don't think much about it either since I only like strong masculine guys but I got the feeling that you are more attracted to the TG individuals
If I am correct that is very good in my opinion

tiffanynjcd24
05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
By the way you are right. It is just when I dress (I havent dress recently and I dont know how I would look now), i get hit on by men I dont know is that kind of odd where as with women/tgs they wouldnt kind accept dating a guy that dresses up. However I would like my own privacy where I can dress freely and I would love to find a gg/tg thats supports my lifestyle

MsJanessa
05-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I cant tell my father he would kick me out and my mom(she passed away) she beat me

Anyway I am happy for being who I am and I dont care what anyone else think of me anymore. I understand with being bisexual its give me a lot of choices like if I want to date a woman and a mtf transgender(cd, tv, drag queen, etc) it would be ok right

It's ok to date who ever you want to---good luck with your journey

maxjohnson
05-25-2013, 01:29 AM
I am in the same situation with you and I'm waiting to find a full time job and be a bit financially stable, then I would tell my family. Its not really an option now anyway as they're pretty much hardcore Catholics and my brothers are conservatives. I'm not afraid, but it seems to me it's very important to be financially independent as a CDer if you want any amount of freedom.

laurie01
05-25-2013, 02:02 AM
A good way to tell your parents that you dress is to indirectly bring it up and then just make a joke that you do it. Just be brief about it don't act serious then change the topic. The scary part is their response to the initial shock of telling them.

tiffanynjcd24
05-25-2013, 07:35 AM
I appreciate all the advice everyone gave me

CONSUELO
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
You are not alone so don't feel like an island. Many crossdressers are bisexual and find great satisfaction in relationships with both men and women. This topic has been discussed by several groups on this forum. You look lovely and I wish you all of the best. Some here have given you some solid advice to ponder.

flatlander_48
05-25-2013, 10:31 AM
I don't quite understand bisexuality

The basis is simply that sexuality is a spectrum from completely heterosexual to completely homosexual. If you believe that, bisexuality is merely the fuzzy grey area in the middle.

Luna Nyx
05-25-2013, 12:18 PM

this is how i feel with myself.

mona lisa
06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I would say if they already know you are bisexual, how could finding out you like to crossdress make much of a difference?

boink
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with identifying as bi/straight/gay/pan/queer/etc. and having or being interested in a partner of any variation of gender identity/sexual orientation (provided you're both legal consenting adults).

That said, coming out as bi to friends/family can be a challenge, and being bi and a part time crossdresser is definitely going to narrow your dating pool (however, this might not be such a bad thing).

Samantha_Smile
06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
You can't view being true to yourself as being good or bad because it's neither.

It just is

tiffanynjcd24
06-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey what do you mean by that

Taylor Ray
06-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Does being a bisexual or bisexual crossdresser good or bad?

Being a bisexual cross dresser is awesome! Instead of focusing on labels, I try to find people who I am really into and really like, no matter what their gender.

flatlander_48
06-06-2013, 10:24 PM

What it means is that the statement stands by itself on its own merit and needs no judgement. It just IS.

Tracii G
06-06-2013, 10:40 PM
I have dated a MtF transsexual and he was great to me.Extremely hot guy too.
He still had the female lower parts so it didn't feel too weird.
If you enjoy dating TG types go for it.
You never know you just might hit it off.

Samantha_Smile
06-07-2013, 06:49 PM
It means
Why do you feel the need to categorise facets of your being into good and bad
Why not just accept that these are the things that are?
To play devil's advocate a little;
-Do you view being black as being a bad thing?

Of course you don't.
Just because someone or something is in a minority, doesn't mean they're bad, it just means they're less prevalent.
Prevalence of anything is not sufficient evidence to say if it's good or bad.

Besides this, you shouldn't judge yourself or anyone else for the things they have not made a choice on.
Prime examples being race, sexuality, gender association and more recently... gingers for some reason?? But this list goes on into realms of birth defects which affect appearance and/or cognition, nationality etc etc.
And yet all too frequently, these minority groups are misunderstood because they do not fit into conventional norms, and so they are shunned.

Your question "Is it good or bad" shows there is a strong undercurrent of group mentality thinking. It's not normal so it might be bad.
Free yourself from this though pattern instead ask
"Does this harm anyone? Am I doing this for me? Am I still a good person?"
And you'll do fine

Sorry if this sounded at all patronising

melissakozak
06-16-2013, 07:59 AM
It is ok to be who you are and find what makes you happy...no labels, no explanations required....

tiffanynjcd24
06-16-2013, 09:46 AM
thank you for everyone for being so understanding and supportive people. Also to smile you are right i shouldn't have to worry about what everyone else think this is my life and my choice

Sabrina133
06-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Being a bisexual cross dresser is awesome! Instead of focusing on labels, I try to find people who I am really into and really like, no matter what their gender.

CD 23, I think Taylor Ray is right. I am also a bisexual Crossdresser. When i was younger, I was attracted to mostly men but as i've gotten older and more mature, i've come to realize that i am attracted to people who interest me regardless of gender. I am currently with a GG and living a very happy life. Does it mean I don't look at men? No, of course I do - i simply have no interest in establishing an LTR with one as am perfectly happy with my SO.

Just be happy and embrace who you are without the labels. Simply be you.

Dora
06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
One of the most amazing things that has happened to me since I have embraced crossdressing is I have noticed some changes in myself and also there are things I have discovered that I didn't even know about myself I have been learning so much more about myself, one of the changes I notice and something new and didn't know is I am attracted to other TG's, overall what I would prefer in a partner is either a TG or a GG.

Plasibeau
06-25-2013, 12:28 PM
First, being bi-sexual in truth makes you pan-sexual. The very fact that you're attracted to polar opposites on the gender spectrum gives you the ability to be attracted to any person across the entire spectrum. LOL, basically you're greedy and the entire dating world is now your oyster.

Secondly; As far as you're living situation, the answer to that is obvious. Move out and into a place where you can be accepted for who you are. And if that's not possible, then you should begin working towards that goal. I wasn't able to completely come out of my shell until I lived alone, and this was even after having an accepting partner.

flatlander_48
06-25-2013, 05:26 PM
LOL, basically you're greedy and the entire dating world is now your oyster.

Post #16 of this thread, 1st paragraph...

mike~the~islandman
06-25-2013, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't think about it as a "good" or "bad" thing, as long as you are happy with who you are :) Sexuality is only one aspect of who you are, holistically speaking. Just be sure to always respect yourself, and never let the opinions of others rule you !