PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time out - in a week

TeresaCD
05-25-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm a bit spoilt.
I got to go out to a TGF party last night, even though I thought I wouldn't be able.
Had a prompt to go, and hinted at it with my SO, who said 'you should go'
(What?) The justification she gave was it's a new thing, and why not go?
(Wow)
So I did! Had to show the outfit again (I don't mind that)
So, left work early (love Fridays), left home mostly dressed, quick finish change and foundation in a unisex bathroom, then makeup in full light at a roadside stop
(in the light - what a bonus!)
Only an hour late for dinner at the bar - learning that is ok.
Biggest challenge was finding a cark park and walking 2 blocks into a venue I had not been to before - 'suck it up princess, gotta be done'
Lovely time at dinner and after, talked to some people from Monday, and met some new ones, including some wives.
I decided on a skirt and shiny top - glad I did, as I was in the middle dress wise.
(There were some very short skirts, so I could have worn a mini..)
What a lovely night, used the ladies for the first time (odd experience, but private upstairs venue, so 'safe')
Even had a little dance (not like me at all)
Smiled so much my face hurt :o
The bar staff were exceptional, one even called me Darling (how kind)
Haven't got words for how I feel about becoming part of a world I never knew existed, of kind, accepting, positive people :)

kimdl93
05-25-2013, 07:09 AM
It's great that your SO coaxed you into going. Did the experience of forcing yourself to take that two block walk change the way you feel about going out in public?

Chari
05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
So wonderful to hear you had a great time after a lot of anticipation. Continue to be comfortable and confident in who you are, as there are many more adventures waiting for you. Thanx for sharing.

Beverley Sims
05-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Teresa the big challenge is walking two blocks from car park to venue.
I am glad it is going well for you.
It is sometimes hard being accepted by a new group.
I know the feeling of smiling all the time.
Watch out for stretch marks. :)

TeresaCD
05-26-2013, 05:05 AM
It's great that your SO coaxed you into going. Did the experience of forcing yourself to take that two block walk change the way you feel about going out in public?
Coaxed, perhaps not, encouraged definitely. She has been amazing, I love her all the more for it.
Still concerned about the road ahead, but steady as she goes.
The walk was daunting, but, like getting ready on the road, driving for 4 hours, you do what you gotta do.
I am learning it's a lot about confidence, and being comfortable with who you are, and how you present.