PDA

View Full Version : more adventurous or more confident

Naomi Newman
05-26-2013, 05:46 AM
since i have opened up more at home and been able to post messages on here i have opened up or become more adventurous, i am just wondering if this is due to be able to be more open or is it a couldn't care less attitude ? just like i am more open to buying clothes for myself, i was in a large shop the other day doing food shopping for the week, and i just thought i would look at the lingerie section and look at some skirts for myself and i had a wonderful conversation with a women about what looks nice and what we were looking for to wear, ive never had that, and made me feel very good about myself. anyhow i am going on a bit now just wanted to share my thoughts and ask for oppinions, Naomi :-)

kimdl93
05-26-2013, 07:01 AM
I suppose it's a little of both. Confidence, lessened fears, more self acceptance too!

Angela Campbell
05-26-2013, 07:10 AM
Sounds like you are just getting more comfortable with it. It is a nice feeling.

Alexis.j
05-26-2013, 08:10 AM
I remember the first time buying underwear/clothes. .. it way scary as hell and it felt like everyone way looking.. now I go in, have a look what I want ( ignore other people) and checkout. No big deal... The same applies for if I want to buy any makeup over the counter.
I havent gotten to the sage of trying on the clothes in the changing rooms yet, thats the next step I suppose.
I think it is the fact that you are leaning to accept yourself, and it would then feel more natural to buy womans things without being paranoid of what someone else might say.

Beverley Sims
05-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I think you have found out that others do it so you feel less weird about yourself.
You are building confidence all the time you venture out or meet others.

Rachelakld
05-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi cus.
From one Yorshire lass to another, you probably figured no one really cares, and the less people care the more adventurous we get, and the more adventurous we get, the more society becomes more tolerant (OK - TV & internet has helped expose society to different types of lives).
At my age, being placed back at the bottom of the carreer ladder again, has given me a "don't care" attitude, which has encouraged me to be more open.