PDA

View Full Version : "Coming out" to another woman ( my wife already knows and accepts)

Sister Rachel
05-26-2013, 06:31 PM
.. went well :) A VERY dear and long-standing friend for whom I have the greatest respect and affection. I'd meant to put it in a letter, but in the end just blurted it out in a private message on Facebook. Upshot was that she wanted to ask me some questions about it, but didn't think FB was the right medium, face to face was better ( she's much less of a computaholic than me!). So anyway, went to see her and stay overnight ( with Anne's blessing, I must add :)) We talked, she asked me what stuff I had, said I was welcome to get changed .. I'd brought my simplest, most down to earth gear .. bra, panties, tights, a plain black skirt and floral print on black vest, and I went upstairs and changed. We talked some more about clothes, about when I first crossdressed, did I feel that I was really a woman etc .. It became a deep, serious but very friendly and relaxed conversation which ranged over many points of gender identity, the relationship of the sexes, the serious side of womanhood , really! I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful, intelligent and broadminded friend! And .. next time we spend an evening together,which may be months away, I'm going to wear something a bit more "glam", possibly my swing dress and four-layered petticoat :o :daydreaming: I'm also very lucky that I live in broadminded, hip ol' Europe :) That is all :)

ErikaNielsen
05-26-2013, 07:29 PM
That is such a great story. You will find that the more people in your circles know, the happier you will feel. I am still working on it myself. My wife knows and supports; and that alone is the best thing that ever happened to me, and my lifestyle.
Hugz
Erika

Sister Rachel
05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks, Erika :) Well it's 2 am here in western europe, so I'd better get some shuteye now!

Hugz, Brenda :)

Beverley Sims
05-27-2013, 01:33 AM
It is good to come out to others gradually, widen your circle of friends so to speak.
May you continue to make inroads.

Sandra1746
05-27-2013, 06:40 AM
I was out in my yard walking my dog the other day wearing a plain pullover top, a denim skirt, and my normal jewelery. My neighbor called a "hello" from across her yard and then came over to the fence to chat awhile. She knows I consider myself "transgender" but has never seen me in anything more fem than jeans before.

No comments about the skirt were made then or later to my wife, it was a "class 1 non-event".

Life goes on,
Sandra1746

Jill Devine
05-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Wow. Your wife was ok with you doing an overnight slumber party with a GG friend?
You have a very understanding wife!

kimdl93
05-27-2013, 06:51 AM
I agree that your wife is unusually understanding and you have a great GG friend too!